Already getting impatient waiting for ltc

As a Newbie myself, got mine last October. My Advise is get a second job, the first job will cover your gun purchases. The second job will fund, Ammo and your accessories, good stuff adds up quickly. Best thing, is forget about your LTC for Now, it will drive you crazy. SAVE, SAVE, SAVE. You have a purchase in mind, great. Otherwise , find ways to keep yourself thinking about other things, that way when it does arrive, it will be an early Christmas for you. I had cash deposits on 2 M&P 9mm pistols, awaiting my LTC. It was nuts. Good Luck

Hurry up and wait.

Look at it this way: The more time you wait for your LTC, the more time you have to save up cash for a gun that you really want.

And if you already have the cash for that gun you really want, the more time you have to save up cash for ammo for that gun you really want.

Don't forget the range membership and ccw classes!!

Ruger lc9. Any info or thoughts on it?

Momma said that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all, so .....

But honestly, lots of people own the Ruger and love it. You are going to hear this a lot, so I might as well be the first one to say it, the only opinion that matters about a firearm is yours. There are so many factors that go into choosing a firearm and they are all based on the individual. It's like a pair of jeans. What fits me may not fit you.

There are some basic principles that apply, but ultimately you have to decide and there is no wrong choice. Firearm selection is all about compromise. In general, the larger the gun, the more recoil it will absorb, making it more enjoyable to shoot. So, a full size service pistol like a Beretta 92 or Sig 226 will have very little recoil compared to the LC9. The compromise is that is it is much more challenging to conceal. Not impossible, just requires a lot more thought to dress around the gun.

Also, your body type and hand size is a factor. In general bigger folks have an easier time concealing a hand gun. I regularly conceal a Sig 229 or 1911 with no problem at all. So find the gun that fits you well and you shoot well, buy a good gun belt, this is very important, and buy a good holster, also very important. And if the Ruger is what you choose know that they will fix it and send it back to you for free pretty quickly so you won't be without your carry gun for long, until the next time you have to send it back. [thinking]

Ruger lc9. Any info or thoughts on it?

don't. you'll regret it.

selling that gun was one of the best things i ever did. it wasn't a BAD gun per se, but it wasn't great, either. the grip was weird, and the trigger was the worst trigger i've ever felt, worse than a M&P from the factory.

I had the LC9 and thought about doing the trigger, but just decided to get the SR9c instead, I liked shooting it much more anyway.

Going to be a while my friend. Took 128 days for me to get mine. Start researching what guns you will buy and saving your pennies.

If you're near Framingham (Holliston, actually) you could join MFS. With your membership comes the privilege of spending as much time on the range as you like and "free rental" of any of their guns, and they have quite a few.

Once you join it's all free except for ammo.

Mass Firearms School

I am about 1 hour away from MFS. That's where I took my basic firearms safety. If I was near it I would join in a heartbeat. And from the sounds of it I should not get the ruger lc9. Is it just ruger that is bad, or the lc9 specifically? I thought the lc9 would be good because its small size seemed easier to conceal. I don't wear my clothes too baggy, so I would have more difficulty concealing a big handgun. And I liked the idea of a 9mm.

I am about 1 hour away from MFS. That's where I took my basic firearms safety. If I was near it I would join in a heartbeat. And from the sounds of it I should not get the ruger lc9. Is it just ruger that is bad, or the lc9 specifically? I thought the lc9 would be good because its small size seemed easier to conceal. I don't wear my clothes too baggy, so I would have more difficulty concealing a big handgun. And I liked the idea of a 9mm.
It's just the LC9, I have the SR9c and it's AWESOME! Small enough to conceal but large enough that it's nice to shoot. You can't get a better trigger out of the box of the "ma compliant" gun. Only way to get better is a glock, but I'm not a big fan of those. Try an SR9c and you'll love it.

Where are you located?
Make use of the try before you buy ranges.
Training is always good.
if you feel the need to get your safe, there are some good deals at Tractor Supply this weekend.

As for a 9, I like my M&P full size

You can kill time by starting threads on here like :

"When I get my LTC,what should I get for my first gun ?"
"When I get my LTC,what should I do with the PIN # ?"
"When I get my LTC,where is the best gun store to fingerbang handguns ? "
"When I get my LTC,how long should I walk around the house carrying until I venture outside ? "
"Is 4Seasons really that good ?"

You can kill time by starting threads on here like :

"When I get my LTC,what should I get for my first gun ?"
"When I get my LTC,what should I do with the PIN # ?"
"When I get my LTC,where is the best gun store to fingerbang handguns ? "
"When I get my LTC,how long should I walk around the house carrying until I venture outside ? "
"Is 4Seasons really that good ?"
Is there an ammo shortage?

I had the same problem when I moved to NH. I applied for my license, and the 4 days it took almost killed me.

If you're near Framingham (Holliston, actually) you could join MFS. With your membership comes the privilege of spending as much time on the range as you like and "free rental" of any of their guns, and they have quite a few.

Once you join it's all free except for ammo.

Mass Firearms School

Just a question here, without a permit you can't buy ammo. How does that work at MFS?

It's just the LC9, I have the SR9c and it's AWESOME! Small enough to conceal but large enough that it's nice to shoot. You can't get a better trigger out of the box of the "ma compliant" gun. Only way to get better is a glock, but I'm not a big fan of those. Try an SR9c and you'll love it.
I looked online at the sr9c, and it does look pretty nice.

Where are you located?
Make use of the try before you buy ranges.
Training is always good.
if you feel the need to get your safe, there are some good deals at Tractor Supply this weekend.

As for a 9, I like my M&P full size

Im in rutland

Also, if someone in a persons family knows a lieutenant of their local state police, would that have an effect on the wait time?

Back
Top Bottom