• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Getting a replacement LTC card in New Bedford MA

My LTC was damaged and I am having a tough time getting a replacement. When I go to my local PD website they recommend calling and leaving a message. I did that once a week for months. I went to the NBPD head quarters and talked to a firearms officer and was told there was a form to fill out online. He took my info and said he would also look into it for me and call me backs. That was 5 days ago and haven’t received a phone call. I tried to find the online form and could not find it. Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement card from New Bedford PD? If so can you give me any advice? Thanks.

My LTC was damaged and I am having a tough time getting a replacement. When I go to my local PD website they recommend calling and leaving a message. I did that once a week for months. I went to the NBPD head quarters and talked to a firearms officer and was told there was a form to fill out online. He took my info and said he would also look into it for me and call me backs. That was 5 days ago and haven’t received a phone call. I tried to find the online form and could not find it. Has anyone had any luck getting a replacement card from New Bedford PD? If so can you give me any advice? Thanks.
Isn't this already being discussed in the other thread? Why did you start a new one?

You're going to get the same replies as you're seeing here, from the same people:

Local PD does not issue actual licenses. They send the request to the agency in Boston. You may want to give them a call. Grab the number from this page: Apply for a firearms license
Chelsea. But you can't request a repro from Chelsea, it has to go through the LO

Flee Massachusetts now. This LTC thing is not a badge of honor it is a symbol that one has agreed that the plain language of the second amendment is meaningless.
You shouldn't need to fork over $$ and have to go plead for a card with a number on it. It's a right. But then consider where we are ...Healeyland.

I have nothing to contribute WRT New Bedford but, when my wife lost her LTC, she made a brief phone call to PD and had a replacement card after a week or ten days. That's in Newton.
Edit: I think she lost her LTC twice LOL. Both times no hassle, our house hasn't been raided, our goldfish hasn't been shot.

Back
Top Bottom