Already getting impatient waiting for ltc

I am at week 3.5 waiting for my ltc, and I am already getting impatient. I keep thinking about it, and it doesn't help knowing it will be such a long wait. I just wish there was a time limit that the police and frb had to obey to give out ltc's. like 40 days for instance. Should I just try to stop thinking about it? How can I make the time go bye faster? I am already working 60 hours per week, so my mind is occupied already.

Hurry up and wait.

Look at it this way: The more time you wait for your LTC, the more time you have to save up cash for a gun that you really want.

And if you already have the cash for that gun you really want, the more time you have to save up cash for ammo for that gun you really want.

Hurry up and wait.

Look at it this way: The more time you wait for your LTC, the more time you have to save up cash for a gun that you really want.

And if you already have the cash for that gun you really want, the more time you have to save up cash for ammo for that gun you really want.
That is true, I think it will help to look at it that way.

Thank you so far for all the encouragement so far. I will try to be more patient. At least I already applied and have the worst part behind me. I already waited to turn 21, and waited to apply. On the big scale I am so close.

if you would have listened to the media you would have found out that it's "easier to buy a gun than it is to vote". or something along those lines.

if you would have listened to the media you would have found out that it's "easier to buy a gun than it is to vote". or something along those lines.
Easier to buy a gun than vote my a**. I read that story as well and it's complete garbage.
edit: I forgot, there is a new rule, that to be able to vote you have to attend a basic voting knowledge course, get your certificate, schedule an appointment at your nearest city hall, wait about 6 months, to possibly get your voter registration. But the town may issue restrictions on your voting license, such as "may only vote on subjects related to sporting and hunting" so it is indeed harder to buy a gun

Last edited:
Easier to buy a gun than vote my a**. I read that story as well and it's complete garbage.

lady atilla just got her LTC. took from may-august. she already had a handgun and AR in the safe with her name on it so to speak though.

i provide lots of dollars worth of positive reinforcement. [cheers]

That's okay, I'm not the best at detecting sarcasm either. Do you think I should just not think of it, and try to forget about it until it comes in?

If you can, sure. I obsess about shit until it's done. You should have seen me during my refinance last week...I was refreshing the quicken. loans. website as often as I hit the New Posts button on here....

When I got my first LTC 6 years ago it was the same....waited forever and couldn't stop thinking about it. Sucks to be like that.

If you can, sure. I obsess about shit until it's done. You should have seen me during my refinance last week...I was refreshing the quicken. loans. website as often as I hit the New Posts button on here....

When I got my first LTC 6 years ago it was the same....waited forever and couldn't stop thinking about it. Sucks to be like that.
I probably won't be able to get it out of my head. I could try to stop thinking about it as much though. But at least the first 3.5 weeks went by pretty fast

I was the same way while waiting for my last Garand from the CMP - probably chewed up half the bandwidth in my neighborhood, checking the estore every 5 seconds....did it ship yet...did it ship yet...did it ship yet....

To the OP, any thoughts on your first purchases?

This. I get antsy waiting for people to respond on Classified Ads.

I was the same way while waiting for my last Garand from the CMP - probably chewed up half the bandwidth in my neighborhood, checking the estore every 5 seconds....did it ship yet...did it ship yet...did it ship yet....

To the OP, any thoughts on your first purchases?
Ruger lc9. Any info or thoughts on it?

fuggetabout it "absence makes the heart grow fonder" SUCKS that we have to bend over to exercise our 2 a rights in the prm but it's gonna be sweet when it comes in. buy a lot of loud killy guns

Hurry up and wait.

The more time for the gun he really wants and the next one the one after that the one after that and another one..........

I am at 112 days, already bought a piece, was told it would only be about 90 at most, sure I am getting jumpy, but I also know it could be 5 months, so I wait and think of other ways to spend my money, recently I have been collecting flashlights.

Tim [thumbsup]

I am at week 3.5 waiting for my ltc, and I am already getting impatient. I keep thinking about it, and it doesn't help knowing it will be such a long wait. I just wish there was a time limit that the police and frb had to obey to give out ltc's. like 40 days for instance. Should I just try to stop thinking about it? How can I make the time go bye faster? I am already working 60 hours per week, so my mind is occupied already.

You can try and stop thinking about it. That won't happen though. Everytime you take a piss and remember you still have balls or turn the tv/radio on you will be quickly reminded why you applied in the first place. You can make the wait go faster by being placed in a medically induced coma. Sorry but you have to wait it out. The torment is a badge of honor in MA, hold on be right back [puke]. You will get through it

Last edited:
Do you think I should just not think of it, and try to forget about it until it comes in?

No way. Use the wait time to pick out your first gun and buy accessories. Rent some guns and figure out what works for you. Then look into a god belt and holster.

Maybe get some training. Go shooting with a friend. Buy a cleaning kit, maybe a safe. Invest in some good hearing protection. Read, read, read. Some research can prevent costly mistakes and NES is a great resource

Spend an hour a day looking in the mirror saying " Are you talkin to me?" or "Do you feel lucky punk?" [grin]

No way. Use the wait time to pick out your first gun and buy accessories. Rent some guns and figure out what works for you. Then look into a god belt and holster.

Maybe get some training. Go shooting with a friend. Buy a cleaning kit, maybe a safe. Invest in some good hearing protection. Read, read, read. Some research can prevent costly mistakes and NES is a great resource

Spend an hour a day looking in the mirror saying " Are you talkin to me?" or "Do you feel lucky punk?" [grin]

Good advice. Prepare for your ltc. Buy a safe, carrying case or cases. Watch and read all you can about safety, calibers, styles etc.. Go to the range. Go on NES and ask questions that will drive guys like flintoid crazy.

Week 25 here. Was told a approved ALP, but will be about 8 more weeks... Of course course was told originally would be in 2 weeks ago. Just hope firearms are still legal when it does come in. Not holding my breath...

Edit: sorry typed 52, meant 25. Feels like 52 though.

Last edited:
You can try and stop thinking about it. That won't happen though. Everytime you take a piss and remember you still have balls or turn the tv/radio on you will be quickly reminded why you applied in the first place. You can make the wait go faster by being placed in a medically induced coma. Sorry but you have to wait it out. The torment is a badge of honor in MA, hold on be right back [puke]. You will get through it
I think you are right. I find myself trying not to think about it, and then daydream about it.

I will definitely go online and get some accessories. I definitely need a gun safe, cleaning kit, etc. I feel a big shopping trip in my future.

I think you are right. I find myself trying not to think about it, and then daydream about it.

I will definitely go online and get some accessories. I definitely need a gun safe, cleaning kit, etc. I feel a big shopping trip in my future.

You'll probably also really dream about it the night before, lol. Doesn't have to be a big shopping trip - just a lot of fun small ones.

FYI- It's not always the PD or the FRB, right now, MSP is taking 3months to return prints for the AFIS check most of the time

Back
Top Bottom