• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Glad you're so passionate dude, but move on.

Even if 10,000 people showed up today, the outcome would be no different.

They don't give a shit about you, or what you have to say. Their minds are already made up.
I don't agree if 10 k people showed up they would notice and be on alert. I'm amazed how fast you changed you tune from fight to u guys have no chance.

Can anyone tell me (or provide a link) as to who exactly who is on the committee? I did a couple of searches and I am getting nowhere. I want to send them all letters... some of you may think its pointless but we still have time to influence what is happening.

I actually heard one lady today say that we shouldn't be too hard on the inner city kids that use illegal guns to hurt/kill people b/c these issues are very complicated. I almost fell out of my seat. And in the next breath she wants to punish us and limit our rights. Unbelievable.

Yet, she offered no solutions to the problems that promote violence.

Thank you, Penny Pincher!

You should have asked Senator Diaz how she thinks that One-Gun-a-Month restrictions will stop crimes when criminals get guns ILLEGALLY!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Usually means a bunch of $hit packaged together in one crappy bill that nobody has any idea how to implement or enforce and most people haven't read.

By the time I got to testify Sen Chang-Diaz was no longer 'present.'

I don't agree if 10 k people showed up they would notice and be on alert. I'm amazed how fast you changed you tune from fight to u guys have no chance.

No kidding- ALL MA gun owners should be single issue voters, as I am. If you are against the 2A, in even the slightest regard, you have not earned my vote.

Imagine if 100,000 FID/LTC holders voted on 2A rights alone?

Shipping out. See y'all there.

Do you have shorter hair now, and sat to the left where you come in? If so, now I have the name together with the face, or at least the hair.

Am at Mansfield station...expect to be there at 9ish...would like to be nearly first in line to talk as I would like to get back to work.

Fat chance, with all the holier-than-thou's going first.

Anyone who is here pls come find me in the basement to join my panel

How did that work out? From what I saw, they beat us pitifully at the panel game.

How many people are there?

What do you care? You already said it doesn't matter. Plus you live in NH.

Blue seats all theirs

What, our side couldn't sit there?

If he means what i think, it means that the anti crowd is trying to pack the room so full of supporters of these bills that we wont be able to get in to speak. That could be bad. All politicians even remotely respond to are shows of force in numbers and numbers in the hall in their faces is better than outside.

Our side needs to provide shirts next time, to hold chairs.

Get in there and fill up a seat before another falls to a blue-shirt?

Just take the shirt.

Thank you, Penny Pincher!

You should have asked Senator Diaz how she thinks that One-Gun-a-Month restrictions will stop crimes when criminals get guns ILLEGALLY!!

- - - Updated - - -

Yup. Usually means a bunch of $hit packaged together in one crappy bill that nobody has any idea how to implement or enforce and most people haven't read.

The justification was that "they" tracked the majority of guns coming into nyc were coming from VA. Then they put up the 1 gun a month law and crime dropped in nyc.

It was tough to hear up in the nosebleeds but that's what I heard.

Interestingly I read somewhere that gun cringes in VA went up though. But that was conveniently not pointed out.

By the time I got to testify Sen Chang-Diaz was no longer 'present.'

Total shocker. She heard the testimony of Devalue, Mumbles, Linsky (the liar), and Rosen-fraud and that is all she wanted to hear. People like her are thin-skinned and can't respond to being challenged in any way.

The justification was that "they" tracked the majority of guns coming into nyc were coming from VA. Then they put up the 1 gun a month law and crime dropped in nyc.

It was tough to hear up in the nosebleeds but that's what I heard.

Interestingly I read somewhere that gun cringes in VA went up though. But that was conveniently not pointed out.

Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.

But if one anecdotal example of low crime in NYC, should we adopt the same laws as VT since they basically have hardly ANY violent crime? Oh, ooops. I forgot legislating on anecdotal evidence only goes in ONE direction in MA.[rolleyes]

Just got home... still pumped up. Was a great day, despite the large number of gullible/ignorant talking point readers accompanied by handlers who were bused in and strategically placed in the good seats.

They don't give a shit about you, or what you have to say. Their minds are already made up.

Don't care if it really made a difference, but I sure loved getting the suitability points off my chest. One has to play each hand dealt, good cards or not - better to spend the day doing what I can than sit on my couch and watch TV. And the committee gave me about 6 minutes, interacted with me and asked me to provide supporting written testimony (I am so looking forward to that), so it seemed to have went well.

And Boris should be insulted by the people who took me for him just because I have a heavy accent... I am not worthy of being confused with Boris.

Just got home... still pumped up. Was a great day, despite the large number of gullible/ignorant talking point readers accompanied by handlers who were bused in and strategically placed in the good seats.

Don't care if it really made a difference, but I sure loved getting the suitability points off my chest. One has to play each hand dealt, good cards or not - better to spend the day doing what I can than sit on my couch and watch TV. And the committee gave me about 6 minutes, interacted with me and asked me to provide supporting written testimony (I am so looking forward to that), so it seemed to have went well.

And Boris should be insulted by the people who took me for him just because I have a heavy accent... I am not worthy of being confused with Boris.

So wait, you're another NH resident who came out today? Interesting there are more NH folks who came out than MA gun owners.....what the heck!

So wait, you're another NH resident who came out today? Interesting there are more NH folks who came out than MA gun owners.....what the heck!

I lived in MA for 12 years until moving out to NH a month or so ago. And god forbid, I might have to move back depending on my wife's ability to handle the commute. Plus, what MA does affects NH and VT too, so I'm pretty heavily invested in MA getting some sanity back into their gun laws (small odds... but some things are worth fighting for no matter what the odds are... like freedom).

Where were you guys sitting today?

What did you say to the old ladys at the auditorium entrance asking if you're against gun violence? I ignored them at first then just told them, "all violence is bad."

In case you weren't there. My testimony:

I don't like the term gun rights. guns dont have rights. people do. so i am for peoples rights. like the right to life. I live my life according to the non aggression principle. and I agree. We need to stop gun violence. And I'm a mom demanding action.

You see, I lost a brother due to a firearm accident and i have experienced the pain of losing my own child. So I hold my life and my sons life precious.

Several years ago when my son was almost 3 and my husband was traveling for work we had spent the day and early evening at a friends house. my son and i arrived home to a beautiful sight. Picture perfect, 4 inches of fresh snow just a few days before Christmas. My joy turned rapidly to trepidation when I realized my front door was wide open and all my lights had been turned on. Someone had gained entry to my home. Fortunately for me they were not still there.

But This incident made me realize that my world was not as secure as one would hope. I started doing things like double checking my doors and windows at my home to ensure they are always locked and being more careful and aware of my surroundings when not at home. It also led me to look for other ways to defend myself if necessary. I quickly realized that the best way to defend myself from a determined attacker, and especially multiple attackers, would be to employ a weapon of some sort.

But how could I, a responsible parent, even consider bringing a firearm into my home in an attempt to keep myself and my child safe? I started educating myself. My husband and I learned how to safely and properly handle firearms and we have taught these skills to our son. We became legal gun owners.

I now carry a gun for self defense whenever and wherever it is legal for me to do so.

Passing more restrictions on the number of bullets I am allowed to have in my gun or the number of magazines i have is putting my life and the life of my child in danger.

Why would anyone wish to reduce my ability to defend myself and to protect my remaining child? Why?

We are told These laws have been proposed in an effort to end gun violence. However, these laws will not meet that objective. To pretend that they will is outright lying!

So I am here to demand honesty. Lets be honest about what these restrictions will really do to combat gun violence. Nothing.

This is not just my opinion. Statistics bare it out. Detroit, Chicago, Camden, and DC all lead the way in strict gun laws and yet still have the highest rates of violence. Lets stop lying about the rest of the statistics as well while we are at it. The FBI reports that between 2.5 and 3 million times per year, a gun owner defends them self or another from becoming the victim of a crime. Obviously legal gun ownership prevents more crime than any law ever could. Legal gun ownership saves more lives every year than criminals take.

I demand focus. Focus on the criminal element not on the law abiding. We are not the problem!

I further demand that those who attempt to paint law abiding gun owners with the same brush as criminals - stop! we are not responsible for crimes committed by others. Attacking our rights in response to criminal action is unjust.

Legal gun owners have been asked if they feel any guilt for the tragedy in newtown and other places. My answer is no. I am not the perpetrator of those crimes nor a contributor to them , anymore than I am responsible for drunk drivers simply because I own a vehicle and occasionally indulge in an adult beverage myself. Punishing me for the acts of others is not Reasonable!

And lastly, I demand that those proposing new restrictions first learn and understand the existing laws and enforce THEM instead of trying to impose more restrictions on legal gun owners.

Sen Chang-Diaz asked why 1 gun a month would impose an onerous restriction on legal gun owners. I'm glad she asked. As the mother of a fifteen year old if we wish to explore a sport involving firearms together (and there are many sports other than hunting) I must buy the necessary equipment. Some sports like 3 gun competitions, oddly enough, require 3 different firearms. This would mean for the 2 of us we would need to have 6 firearms plus spare magazines. The 1 gun a month bill could cause us to spend more than a year to obtain all the necessary equipment, guns, magazines, spare parts as they are restricted under this 1 gun per month bill.

Absolutely touching and awesome. So glad you are still fighting the fight even though you moved up north. If you ever stand for public office, please let me volunteer for you...

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk 2

Where were you guys sitting today?

What did you say to the old ladys at the auditorium entrance asking if you're against gun violence? I ignored them at first then just told them, "all violence is bad."

I told them I was very much against it. In fact I was so petrified by criminals with guns that I got an ltc-a to protect my family from it. I got a blank stare.

Wow, long day. Mostly depressing, but the second half of the day was certainly better than the first half. It was great getting a chance to meet some fellow NESers (hi WatchCityCPA and Jason!). Turn-out on our side was pretty bad, and only looked worse by the anti's that were so obviously bussed in and prepped by Bloomberg's lackeys. Early testimony way too slanted towards the antis, as were the time allotments.

Thanks to all that testified today and all the times before.

Highlight of the day had the be that guy on the panel blasting that nitwit professor from Harvard that wanted to put a dollar figure on freedom.

Unfortunately, I think we can talk til we're blue in the face with very valid points about how these laws will only affect law-abiding citizens and not criminals and they just won't get it. They arrive at illogical conclusions that infuriate me (it's for the children!)

What do they have to do with MA???

What do YOU have to do with MA? :)

I'm past sympathy for them. They are now willing accomplices.

Us vs. them. They make it out so they have pediatricians, families of dead kids, and God himself on their side. They think we don't feel the same way. Yet nobody else there told them they were wrong in thinking this.

...The fact people from new town ct can come to my ****ing state and make an impact on my rights is ****ing disgusting.

I was thinking the same thing.

agreed %1,000.

it's awful what happened there, but trampling the constitution and the rights of others won't bring your children back, people. all you're doing is further polarizing an already divided nation and furthering the destruction of society by pushing for more government control over private property.

tl;dr: STFU.

Best pro-gun testimony ever? A Connecticut Citizen makes an epic stand for liberty

those are the ones that even in this state have little chance of passing, its the fluff in his bill so people can claim they cut it down and worked on a compromise when the actual bills get rammed through

reminder: a compromise where gun owners get nothing in return is not a ****ing compromise

Too true, and needs repeating! Don't let them do this to us!!!!!

What is bill 18? Where can I find a list?

On the table where you come in.

All anti gun. Unlimited time to speak. The cameras all but gone now. Politicians given time to speak have all left. This is disgusting.

I just don't know what to say. I really don't.

Wow. I. ....I just don't even know. I knew it was bad. I knew it was Rigged. But this is just pathetic.

Is this your first hearing? LenS is right. I've been coming to these since maybe 1999 or so, whenever the big rally was in Hudson. You need strong shoulders to keep coming back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all those that showed up. I wish I could have stayed longer and heard Deb's testimony.

This was the second hearing in this tour that I attended. I testified at the hearing in Worcester and I submitted testimony at this one. If I make some simple estimates, possibly 1500 pro 2A people were heard at these hearings in aggregate. I believe there were 6 hearings and, at best, there were 250 pro 2A people at the hearings I attended. That's 1500 out of 320k and any corrections that can be made on my estimates won't change that ratio nearly enough to matter.

I don't know how to reach those 320k-1500 people but if it never happens, we in MA will always be defending ground, not taking it.

I thought Jim Wallace's testimony was great and the people up there with him did a very good job as well. However, GOAL is 5 people and maybe 15000 members. Once again, the *best* they can do is defend.

It's amazing - every time I have an educated conversation with one of my moonbat friends; and ask them - what are you going to do when shit hits the fan? 9/10 - "I'm coming to your place" is what they respond with. Leave MA, let it implode, stand at the borders and watch them, figuratively of course, shoot themselves in the foot.

I tell mine like hell. At that point you are the enemy. Help and prepare or you're out!

Not to be to tin foil hatty but I imagine they've kicked that idea around at the water cooler. Keep pushing till it reaches a sh**storm and people start popping off rounds, Deval declares martial law bringing the guard, confiscates all firearms. Agenda accomplished. So some people get killed, the results will justify the means using moon bat logic.

Notice the shipping containers placed at or around msp barracks?

Excuse you. I was there. I posted pictures from in front of the state house. So before you go subtly using the quotes from my sig to call me out for not being there... ask.

Oh and I also helped hand out Pamphlets.
Thank you for the help and showing up. I wasn't talking about you and now I see your sig but no it wasn't about you. It's all those that give up and go with the flow. But in all seriousness thanks for the help and being there. We needed to be there, and more of us.

how many minds did you change today?

Who knows. Even at the Big E after I talked to more people. The more you educate the better. The fear of talking about them in public and engaging people is what has us in this mess virtually nationwide.

Reality is I'll be dead long before this stuff can effect me to a significant level. The leukemia will get me before the politicians will and ultimately I want to say I attempted to do something for my son and everyone's rights as a whole. I don't sit back and take shit. Hell even with pain meds I'm uncomfortable enough now where I can't sleep. Does that mean I give up on our republic? Hell no.

To all that attended thank you . It was a pleasure meeting the fellow NES members that I met .And thanks to those that helped hold are banner and hand out pamphlets .

We always do it right.

800 pages translated into one undecipherable mess of legalese that ensures the subjugation of our COMPLIANT peoples.

1GaM will kill businesses and cause a defacto prohibition of the 2A if FTF sales also become verboten. Subsequent generations will enjoy 'peon' status with no way to legally obtain weapons and will skittishly obey their overlords.

YUCK.

And then comes the ones that aren't on the list so they can't be transferred. Amongst many other tactics they are gonna try and employ.

Overall I had to stay outside today and I figured I was better served out there with the interview, petition, flyers, and petition. I spoke at spfld and Holyoke so I didn't want to take time away from others and dilute my message with the same old shit these *******s like the NAACP do or linsky spewing the same shit. In all seriousness thank you to everyone who turned out today and thanks for the help with the banner and petition. We can't just roll over and ultimately like Jason Flate said in Holyoke we're not giving our shit up.

It was great to see some NES'ers at the hearing.

We had many great speakers who gave testimony to the committee.

Toward the end of the evening, EVERYBODY got a chance to speak.

Pretty much the last 2-3 hours were more to our cause - unlike the first 4 hours.

With all the testimony we had on our side - just about every compelling point was made.

I think the committee saw through all the baloney put out by the astro turf and other anti's.

Who do you think ordered the astro turf with extra baloney? LOL
My guess is that they were funded by Blumaigenthal. [thinking]

There may have been a bunch of anti(panel) people there. However, every last one of them kept READING the same 5 talking points for what they're in favor of. They couldn't even change up the order a little so that they didn't sound like a bunch of robots. It was pretty obvious that they were all reading from the same que-card.

Overall, I think the hearing went fairly well. The 'more equal' people that went over on the time (Linsky-11+mins, Rosenthal & fudd budy-13+mins) but the GOAL panel (Jim, Ed & NRA guy) were able to go for over 30 mins combined. Jim did an awesome job getting the points across.

Lots of good testimony from our side....ie:more personal and not the same 5 ****ing points being read over and over.

Yup, 2 NH residents there for our side. Both with excellent testimonies. Both also have businesses here in Ma so they still have skin in the game. Thank you Deb & Daniel. GR8 job!! [cheers]

FOX25 news at 11 had a thing from the hearing. Showed a clip of Jim (forget what he said) that got a lot of applause.

It seems that pepper spray lic will be a thing of the past.
Hopefully Devil's Creem's & Linsky's all be sent for 'further study'....death for a bill.

Back
Top Bottom