• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
Did anyone happen to read any of H47 , Duvalkl Partrick bill that conerned an increase in "legal" government surveilence?
I was told it was pretty bad..if any knows exactly what it said about this could they please post it.
Thanks,
ggboy

I spoke with many of the women at the rally and found that the blue hairs with the signs were actual sheep. Ive said before, I intentionally and purposefully went over with ItsTime cards to admittedly, get under their skin and whenever I engaged them, they were like cockroaches under the sudden glare of a fluorescent light - they were big and bad, calling us Neanderthals (and for a deaf bastard like me to hear it is amazing), but when I tried to talk with them, they were scared.

Mind you, my talk was to attempt to shake hands, they refused. To introduce myself by name, they would not do the same. I explained that we have similar goals when it comes to preventing violence but different ways to get there. "well, we're not going to rest until we get MORE regulation."

Fair enough, but know that we don't intend to stop coming out in opposition to fight bills like these - they are mere repetitions in many cases of existing laws and the ones that will affect ME will affect only ME, not the person hell bent on doing harm.

"you don't know what you're talking about and are selfish."

Uh huh, Im selfish. That's why I gave up time I didn't have to be here, to fight for rights and to make my voice heard. I'm selfish because I'm standing up against a wave of knee jerk reactions to tragedies, to politicians too happy to exploit them. But I'm the selfish one.

As has been the experience of many, one of the other geriatrics pulled her away.

I did get to talk to the women on the victims' panel. They were very polite, although a bit annoyed with us because we laughed at the teenager who said he was afraid to be mowed down by an AR15. One in particular indicated she admired what I had to say about working within communities to solve violence. She still pushes for more laws, but at least could be talked to.

I think we HAVE TO continue down that path of dialogue and realize that while we probably won't covert all of them to common sense, but we have to TRY and work with them to see that WE DO have the same goals in mind as far as public safety is concerned but that we have to work on ways of achieving this in a manner that doesn't take away civil liberties in any way.

Yup. You are definitely selfish. These people want to propose restrictions on 300,000 people (restrictions that won't affect them), but they are not selfish.

You are the selfish one for taking time off of work and away from your family to protect the rights of gun owners everywhere and preserve these rights for your son and the sons and daughters of us all.

You are selfish for getting up ass early on (I am assuming since you have an infant son) zero sleep to go to work to provide for your family and oh, by the way, pay all those legislature's salaries that the blue-haired sheep revere and petition so much.

You should be ashamed of your selfishness [/sarcasm]

Came early with my friend Tom. I'm in the blue shirt.

Tom went back to work at noon.

Anti's arrived very early (when it opened) and put their ugly blue tees on the backs of all the center chairs "reserving" them for each other. [puke]

Anti's arrived very early (when it opened) and put their ugly blue tees on the backs of all the center chairs "reserving" them for each other. [puke]

In hindsight trying to have a rally out front the statehouse beforehand may not have been a great idea....

Here is something some people might be interested in, particularly the ItsTime2A organizers:

Got this in an email from the MA Campaign for Liberty
Worcester MA Political Leadership School Registration, Worcester - Eventbrite

This is not a class on political philosophy or ideas. This is practical, no nonsense and tested information on how to be effective in politics.
This intense one-day training covers:

• The Real Nature of Politics - why just "educating" people alone won't result in change
  • The Biggest Lie in Politics - and how the political class uses your convictions against you
  • How to work effectively at the Capitol - getting a bill sponsor and a roll call vote despite the leadership
  • How to build a group - putting pressure on legislators

ETA: The seminar linked above is on Sat. October 19th

Last edited:
Hey, I'm in the photo too...
I'm the guy under the semicolon in your tag.
Behind you, standing to the left in blue work uniform.
Making rude comments... mostly.
~Matt

Slide2_zps24cabf2a.jpg

were you sitting up top with another instructor(a lady) for most of it?

No. I was mostly along that whole area to the left of the media cameras.
Stood from 10am to 3:00pm and just kept getting pissed.
I left at 3pm because I thought that they were concluding shortly. (They kept asking for those of the Hebrew Faith to testify next because of the Holiday)
I thought that I had missed any Pro-2A testimony and was not going to stand around and listen to the Anti's. (or look like I was bolstering their numbers.)
My mistake in leaving early. The best was yet to come...
~Matt

The religious based preference was utter bullshit, so I took advantage of it and pretended to be Jewish.

Last edited:
View attachment 79216

Snapped this pic in front of the steps. This lady was arguing with one of our buddies that all guns should require some kind of electronic device that only lets the actual owner of the gun fire it. She said something like, I know we have the technology and so it must be done!!

LOL. Why don't you listen to your friend in the blue sweater and just walk away, fruitcake.

Top Gun Violence is still ghey.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

The anti's had the premium seats.

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 6.30.35 PM.jpg

edit to add: How do we get pics of "Modern Sporting Rifles" in the front row? Get there super early?

Last edited:
"Our side" should start planning on something now. Even if there is not going to be a rally, or a hearing that we know of, we should have a message and messengers ready to act on this stuff. We should have people who can speak clearly and with a level of authority to the media and politicians, but especially to THE PEOPLE, who need to know our side of the story. This has not changed one bit since these efforts back in 2013.

I believe THIS was the idea behind the "It's Time" group, but I'm not sure of who was in that group other than HK.

We should start another thread to discuss this, and just leave the link back here for others to follow.

Back
Top Bottom