• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
So people asked, where has It's Time been? People have complained that not enough people have been at some of the hearings. People have bickered back and forth about all sorts of nonsense related to who's been doing the most, not enough, or nothing at all. Well, now it's time for everyone, and I mean everyone, to set his and her differences aside, stop bickering over nonsense and do your part. If you've been at every hearing, and every rally, and done everything you have been able to do, we need just one more time for you to do your part.

This is the FINAL hearing on the bills being presented, and we need to show that we are not some tiny minority of wackado gun freaks and back woods hillbillies. We need a showing of force so large that people have no choice but to take notice that we will not go quietly. Save the excuses. It's a Friday, and it's important. Call in sick, put the kids off to school, and head to Boston. Ladies and gentlemen, should we not stand as one at the most crucial time, we will fall like New York, we will crumble like Connecticut and Colorado, we will be just another state fast forwarding towards absolute oppression

Save the tired "it's too late" We don't have time for people who want to sit at home in their superman boxers dreaming of some romantic idea of some fantasy revolution, where you run through the woods like Mel Gibson, knocking off the "redcoats". It's not going to happen. Get off the couch, put on your boots on and come to Boston.

In the next two and a half weeks, we need to rally every single gun owner we can. I cannot emphasis how important this day will be, as it very well could be a crucial pivot point for us as gun owners here in the commonwealth. In the coming days we will coordinate with gun clubs and shops to do whatever it is we can to make sure we get as many people we can to the steps of the statehouse on the 13th

Tentatively: 9am the steps of the statehouse.
where: Ummmm.....THE STATEHOUSE

ALSO NOTE, THAT THE HEARING IS THE SAME DAY, JUST IN CASE YOU MISSED THAT PART. BRING WRITTEN TESTIMONY TO SUBMIT!! THE BIGGER THE PILE THE BETTER!!!!

Last edited:
I'm down, Friday is my bosses day off, just keep me off the news I will have to make a "dr's apt" that morning.

- - - Updated - - -

somebody start a car pool thread I have 3 seats available can pick up and drop off in Norwood all i ask is you help pay for parking which is $25 just about everywhere

Last edited:
Also, I know of some members here who are offering to bring and submit written testimony for those who cannot make it. I will let them post the info, as I dont want to speak out of turn, but I'm sure they will be along to extend the offer.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm going. Any needs a ride from the Dighton area send me a pm. I have room for 4.It will cost you an ice coffee.

cheap date! [laugh]

Also, I know of some members here who are offering to bring and submit written testimony for those who cannot make it. I will let them post the info, as I dont want to speak out of turn, but I'm sure they will be along to extend the offer.

- - - Updated - - -

cheap date! [laugh]

If you cannot make the rally and hearing but would like to submit written testimony I will be happy to collect it and bring it with me. I would love to have a VERY LARGE stack to submit on the day of the hearing. There are 17 committee members to make copies for. You can drop your testimony off at my business, It's Personal Fitness, at 7 Summer St in Chelmsford, MA. PM me so I can make sure someone is there to get it as we aren't there all the time. There is always a person there Mon-Thu 9am-1pm and 4pm-7pm, Fri and Sat 9-12 (except Labor day weekend).

I could possibly pick up at Westford Sportsmens Club or Harvard Sportsmens Club. GOAL has suggested that you write a paragraph about 1 bill and why you are against it. I think that's a good start. Feel free to go beyond that recommendation.

Told ya they'd be along. I'd like to also add, that deb no longer lives in MA but is still fighting the fight. There really isn't any excuse. Especially if you're rooted here

Do we have a list of which bills are going to be introduced. Or are they all on GOALS site? Would be good to know which ones will be talked about so we can combat them :)

Told ya they'd be along. I'd like to also add, that deb no longer lives in MA but is still fighting the fight. There really isn't any excuse. Especially if you're rooted here

That's because she is a High-Quality member who knows how to put up a fight.
I'll be there. I swear by it.
~Matt

Do we have a list of which bills are going to be introduced. Or are they all on GOALS site? Would be good to know which ones will be talked about so we can combat them :)

https://malegislature.gov/Events/EventDetail?eventId=680&eventDataSource=Hearings

There are 58 bills. Some good, some bad. If George N Peterson is proposing it you can bet it's favorable to gun owners. If Linsky, Patrick, Creem, etc are proposing it you can bet it stinks for us. You can click on the bill number and read it. However, they often make it difficult by referencing existing law and changing it by removing or inserting new pieces. In the MA Law section I started deconstructing some of the bills.

They are going to come after us through mental health. At least that's the way I see this. Most of this crap will get shut down but, even our side, has laid out a case for mental health. They will want to make us all submit to mental health disclosures- have we ever seen a provider, list all for the last 20 years (or more) etc. Then the chiefs have discretion to deny you if you admit to talking to a mental health provider or deny you if you leave one out or outright lie. I'll be the first to admit this scares me. I lost my daughter when I was full term 17 years ago. I have spoken with some counselors over the years. Some I don't even recall their names. I don't want this on a permit application. (Yeah I know I just revealed this in a public forum) But the thing is I have never thought of harming myself or others but I don't need to discuss any of this with a Podunk police chief in order to exercise my rights. It's none of their DAMN business!

I'm going after CLEO discretion in my speech. The anti-violence groups I talked to at the last hearing (the "other side") agreed actually. One of the guys I was talking to said he didn't like his wife leaving the house unarmed (in Springfield) and thought it was bullshit that the only way she could get an unrestricted license was because she had to carry large sums of money.

People in DANGEROUS AREAS need to be afforded the same rights as people who live in Weston.

Mike

Will be there and poke/prod/ask/pull/CARRY/etc (LOL) anyone and everyone I know to get them there. And everyone else please do the same, and alert the media that there will be a large group. Make it huge so they can't avoid covering it! (and, hopefully truthfully and unbiased!)

NO EXCUSES EVERYONE! PLEASE TAKE THE DAY OFF AS I WILL!

Will be there and poke/prod/ask/pull/CARRY/etc (LOL) anyone and everyone I know to get them there. And everyone else please do the same, and alert the media that there will be a large group. Make it huge so they can't avoid covering it! (and, hopefully truthfully and unbiased!)

NO EXCUSES EVERYONE! PLEASE TAKE THE DAY OFF AS I WILL!

This x10000000000000000

I have a message in to Goal to get their full support to help promote the shit out of this. I'm thinking perhaps a simple 8x10 flyer for people to print and bring to the gunshops around MA is in order. We need to start blasting full coverage and promoting this full fledged in the next 48hrs.

Tentatively: 8am the steps of the statehouse.
where: Ummmm.....THE STATEHOUSE

Damn! That's when I'm scheduled to be in a plane on the way back from Atlanta. Will see what I can do about changing my flight schedule. At the very least, I'll be submitting written testimony by mail.

In one of the other threads, someone asked about that 'rebuttal' document I put together based on the foolish anti-2A bill comparison document. In case this will be of help to anyone here in finding a starting point for written or oral testimony against some of these bills, I've attached that file here. Note that these are just quick talking points and should be elaborated upon in a paragraph or two (or a full page) focusing on how a particular bill would directly and negatively impact YOU PERSONALLY in order to be an effective piece of testimony. It's documented fact that most humans (and I think elected officials still count) learn best, remember best, and are most persuaded by personal stories rather than academic discussion of abstract concepts like freedom or statistics. We can win this battle by sharing that "closing the gun show loophole" means that you can't pass the gun your grandfather carried in WWII down to your son as a treasured family heirloom rather than giving a dry dissertation about how commerce between free citizens should not be interfered with needlessly by government.

(here's hoping the attached .pdf works)

Edit to add a note: Despite the title of the document, this is still a draft as I don't believe it has been finalized for publication through the ItsTime2a web site, but I felt it needed sharing given the upcoming hearing.

This x10000000000000000

I have a message in to Goal to get their full support to help promote the shit out of this. I'm thinking perhaps a simple 8x10 flyer for people to print and bring to the gunshops around MA is in order. We need to start blasting full coverage and promoting this full fledged in the next 48hrs.

There was nothing in yesterday's "Friday GOAL News" about this rally, though they did discuss the hearing.

I would say this needs to go to the NRA, and get out on their distribution list. I think you'll hit a LOT more gun owners in MA that way, than with the "It's Time" list, or even GOAL's.

Don't forget, "it's time" to maybe call in the use of the connections made with MSC now, to hit ALL the clubs at once.

Back
Top Bottom