• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

***ALERT!! IT'S TIME TO RALLY***STATEHOUSE HEARING AND RALLY SEPTEMBER 13TH***

WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
with all due respect to the nasayers on the nes forum--i was unable to attend today. thanks to soloman 454 for being the first nes'er for posting the video link. between phone and internet dealings with customers i was able to catch a great deal of the action. it is my personal opinion that we were very well represented. y'all that were their till the end deserve our gratitude. i was impressed by many testimony's (except for the guy from marshfield who want's to legalize prostitution and repeal all gun laws--hope he's not an nes member) there were so many well articulated pro 2a statements i could hardly keep track of them . as far as the antis, most seem to agree with us---enforce the FRIGGIN laws-- the rest of them just want to confiscate all guns. no surprise there

I was disappointed by our turnout. Also, the "rally" outside killed us inside as GBIO was stacking the front seats with dried up hags as we were jerking each other off outside. Once placed this way, there was no way to dilute their standing ovations or make little quips to rattle the speakers.

This was classic - the knitting grandma. Meet your nemesis. She won today.

20130913_105331.jpg

On top of it, some sunuvabitch anti stole my umbrella.

Thanks to those who attended and spoke.

I was disappointed by our turnout. Also, the "rally" outside killed us inside as GBIO was stacking the front seats with dried up hags as we were jerking each other off outside. Once placed this way, there was no way to dilute their standing ovations or make little quips to rattle the speakers.

This was classic - the knitting grandma. Meet your nemesis. She won today.

View attachment 79034

On top of it, some sunuvabitch anti stole my umbrella.

Thanks to those who attended and spoke.

****ing typical *******s.

i think it's time to work on the recall for some of these douche bags.

There is only one method to recall state representatives and senators in Mass: kill them.

Seriously. That is the only way. There is no law allowing you to do so.

Recall of State Officials

Now you could circulate a petition and hold your own recall election, but then you still face the same problem: The police and legislature will not recognize your recall election so you are still left with one option: remove them from office with force. Which means you likely will have to kill them.

Now you could run against them but so far that has been working out well now hasn't it?

There is only one method to recall state representatives and senators in Mass: kill them.

Seriously. That is the only way. There is no law allowing you to do so.

Recall of State Officials

Now you could circulate a petition and hold your own recall election, but then you still face the same problem: The police and legislature will not recognize your recall election so you are still left with one option: remove them from office with force. Which means you likely will have to kill them.

Now you could run against them but so far that has been working out well now hasn't it?
I think we just need to bribe some Q-TIPS with bingo money so they can appeal to emotion on our behalf.

All kidding aside, you are absolutely right.

FWIW, on my way out I talked to the NRA rep who spoke with Jim Wallace during their panel testimony.

Before I talked to the NRA rep, the NRA guy was talking to one of the committee members and they seemed to be getting along quite well.

I'm not holding my breath but I'm trying to be optimistic.

I finally got to testify just before 7 o'clock. It was clean concise and well spoken. Unfortunately, there was only a handful of people Left in the room to hear it.

Now, I just hope the committee doesn't break the record of doing nothing and pass any of these garbage bills out of committee

They are going to push something out of committee and its not going to be in our favor. Whatever comes out of committee WILL pass.

This state sucks. In a big way. Those of us that have tried to convince ourselves it isn't complete crap are going to get a reminder what our overlords think of us next month. Might be time to move and watch this ship sink from land.

I was out for an hour or so in the morning then went inside to the hearing. Im kicking myself I didnt go in earlier to get on the sign up and then go outside, would have worked out better

To look back at history, many of our founding fathers swore off future earnings and livelihoods to secure this nation, and most on this forum couldn't find the time to show up? Yet you all will by the majority be the first to howl when the boots of the state take your arms. Pathic. Embarrassing. Even when the gesture is futile one must put up the fight.

He said basically that the cost of owning a gun, costs the state 100 billion dollars per year (just a random estimation that he somehow came up with...) and does our freedom or rights to bear arms equate to that amount (is it worth it). He doesn't think so....

Then a rep on the board said why don't you ask the people in Syria (and named other countries that I forgot) if having freedom worth that much! The room exploded in applause!

That made my day. Seriously. His question was " I have an undergraduate degree in economics so I have a pretty good understanding of this, I ask you have you or anyone else done a cost analysis and asked those in Syria, Libya, Iraq, Cuba, or any of those countries, what the cost is for liberty?"

I was floored, it was like the guy had just had enough listening to the rhetoric and lost his shit, he was visibly pissed, if looks could kill, he'd have been a friggan nuclear bomb. Of course his response was " are you serious, is that a real question"

Douche

NES' very own HKDrummer!

So proud of you Ty, excellent speech and points.

+1 on pwning the sensational point!!!

+1. Well said dude.

Thanks guys, I was exhausted and my back was absolutely ruined by the time I gave my testimony, I had to jet before getting to hear everyone else finish up, to that I'm really sorry, I wanted to stay. I honestly don't even know what I said other than talking about what happened with my dad. The rest is blurry at best, it was like I got drunk for a minute. [laugh] Strangely the smaller the crowd the more nervous I get, had I been able to give my testimony when the room was full, I would have been able to really crush it

In all honesty, what I'm hearing is that this is going to get dragged out and that we might get out of this with nothing new aside some licensing reform, only reform that benefits us. The committee seemed generally concerned about the length of time and money being spent with no results. I'm nervous, but I'm not done fighting.

In all honesty, what I'm hearing is that this is going to get dragged out and that we might get out of this with nothing new aside some licensing reform, only reform that benefits us. The committee seemed generally concerned about the length of time and money being spent with no results. I'm nervous, but I'm not done fighting.

That would be shocking if none of those 60 bills were passed.

FWIW, on my way out I talked to the NRA rep who spoke with Jim Wallace during their panel testimony.

Before I talked to the NRA rep, the NRA guy was talking to one of the committee members and they seemed to be getting along quite well.

I'm not holding my breath but I'm trying to be optimistic.

I am trying too- But I cant live with microstamping, insurance, or most of the complete BS these "representatives" of the sheeple peddled today.

In case you weren't there. My testimony:

I don't like the term gun rights. guns dont have rights. people do. so i am for peoples rights. like the right to life. I live my life according to the non aggression principle. and I agree. We need to stop gun violence. And I'm a mom demanding action.

You see, I lost a brother due to a firearm accident and i have experienced the pain of losing my own child. So I hold my life and my sons life precious.

Several years ago when my son was almost 3 and my husband was traveling for work we had spent the day and early evening at a friends house. my son and i arrived home to a beautiful sight. Picture perfect, 4 inches of fresh snow just a few days before Christmas. My joy turned rapidly to trepidation when I realized my front door was wide open and all my lights had been turned on. Someone had gained entry to my home. Fortunately for me they were not still there.

But This incident made me realize that my world was not as secure as one would hope. I started doing things like double checking my doors and windows at my home to ensure they are always locked and being more careful and aware of my surroundings when not at home. It also led me to look for other ways to defend myself if necessary. I quickly realized that the best way to defend myself from a determined attacker, and especially multiple attackers, would be to employ a weapon of some sort.

But how could I, a responsible parent, even consider bringing a firearm into my home in an attempt to keep myself and my child safe? I started educating myself. My husband and I learned how to safely and properly handle firearms and we have taught these skills to our son. We became legal gun owners.

I now carry a gun for self defense whenever and wherever it is legal for me to do so.

Passing more restrictions on the number of bullets I am allowed to have in my gun or the number of magazines i have is putting my life and the life of my child in danger.

Why would anyone wish to reduce my ability to defend myself and to protect my remaining child? Why?

We are told These laws have been proposed in an effort to end gun violence. However, these laws will not meet that objective. To pretend that they will is outright lying!

So I am here to demand honesty. Lets be honest about what these restrictions will really do to combat gun violence. Nothing.

This is not just my opinion. Statistics bare it out. Detroit, Chicago, Camden, and DC all lead the way in strict gun laws and yet still have the highest rates of violence. Lets stop lying about the rest of the statistics as well while we are at it. The FBI reports that between 2.5 and 3 million times per year, a gun owner defends them self or another from becoming the victim of a crime. Obviously legal gun ownership prevents more crime than any law ever could. Legal gun ownership saves more lives every year than criminals take.

I demand focus. Focus on the criminal element not on the law abiding. We are not the problem!

I further demand that those who attempt to paint law abiding gun owners with the same brush as criminals - stop! we are not responsible for crimes committed by others. Attacking our rights in response to criminal action is unjust.

Legal gun owners have been asked if they feel any guilt for the tragedy in newtown and other places. My answer is no. I am not the perpetrator of those crimes nor a contributor to them , anymore than I am responsible for drunk drivers simply because I own a vehicle and occasionally indulge in an adult beverage myself. Punishing me for the acts of others is not Reasonable!

And lastly, I demand that those proposing new restrictions first learn and understand the existing laws and enforce THEM instead of trying to impose more restrictions on legal gun owners.

Sen Chang-Diaz asked why 1 gun a month would impose an onerous restriction on legal gun owners. I'm glad she asked. As the mother of a fifteen year old if we wish to explore a sport involving firearms together (and there are many sports other than hunting) I must buy the necessary equipment. Some sports like 3 gun competitions, oddly enough, require 3 different firearms. This would mean for the 2 of us we would need to have 6 firearms plus spare magazines. The 1 gun a month bill could cause us to spend more than a year to obtain all the necessary equipment, guns, magazines, spare parts as they are restricted under this 1 gun per month bill.

Naughton said they want to come out of this with one, comprehensive, bill. Whatever that means.

That means what, like 5 or 6 things crammed into "1 bill"?? I really hope & pray that nothing gets passed in MA. I just find it hard to believe that MA being so much like the other anti states, that it hasn't happened already.

I really hope that doesn't happen though. Not everyone can just pack up and move, and are stuck where they are.

That means what, like 5 or 6 things crammed into "1 bill"?? I really hope & pray that nothing gets passed in MA. I just find it hard to believe that MA being so much like the other anti states, that it hasn't happened already.

I really hope that doesn't happen though. Not everyone can just pack up and move, and are stuck where they are.

They'll try to cram all of the bad crap from the 60 bills into one piece of legislation. Good and bad - will be hard to get everyone to agree on such a big turd.

I don't like the term gun rights. guns dont have rights. people do. so i am for peoples rights. like the right to life. I live my life according to the non aggression principle. and I agree. We need to stop gun violence. And I'm a mom demanding action.

You see, I lost a brother due to a firearm accident and i have experienced the pain of losing my own child. So I hold my life and my sons life precious.

Several years ago when my son was almost 3 and my husband was traveling for work we had spent the day and early evening at a friends house. my son and i arrived home to a beautiful sight. Picture perfect, 4 inches of fresh snow just a few days before Christmas. My joy turned rapidly to trepidation when I realized my front door was wide open and all my lights had been turned on. Someone had gained entry to my home. Fortunately for me they were not still there.

But This incident made me realize that my world was not as secure as one would hope. I started doing things like double checking my doors and windows at my home to ensure they are always locked and being more careful and aware of my surroundings when not at home. It also led me to look for other ways to defend myself if necessary. I quickly realized that the best way to defend myself from a determined attacker, and especially multiple attackers, would be to employ a weapon of some sort.

But how could I, a responsible parent, even consider bringing a firearm into my home in an attempt to keep myself and my child safe? I started educating myself. My husband and I learned how to safely and properly handle firearms and we have taught these skills to our son. We became legal gun owners.

I now carry a gun for self defense whenever and wherever it is legal for me to do so.

Passing more restrictions on the number of bullets I am allowed to have in my gun or the number of magazines i have is putting my life and the life of my child in danger.

Why would anyone wish to reduce my ability to defend myself and to protect my remaining child? Why?

We are told These laws have been proposed in an effort to end gun violence. However, these laws will not meet that objective. To pretend that they will is outright lying!

So I am here to demand honesty. Lets be honest about what these restrictions will really do to combat gun violence. Nothing.

This is not just my opinion. Statistics bare it out. Detroit, Chicago, Camden, and DC all lead the way in strict gun laws and yet still have the highest rates of violence. Lets stop lying about the rest of the statistics as well while we are at it. The FBI reports that between 2.5 and 3 million times per year, a gun owner defends them self or another from becoming the victim of a crime. Obviously legal gun ownership prevents more crime than any law ever could. Legal gun ownership saves more lives every year than criminals take.

I demand focus. Focus on the criminal element not on the law abiding. We are not the problem!

I further demand that those who attempt to paint law abiding gun owners with the same brush as criminals - stop! we are not responsible for crimes committed by others. Attacking our rights in response to criminal action is unjust.

Legal gun owners have been asked if they feel any guilt for the tragedy in newtown and other places. My answer is no. I am not the perpetrator of those crimes nor a contributor to them , anymore than I am responsible for drunk drivers simply because I own a vehicle and occasionally indulge in an adult beverage myself. Punishing me for the acts of others is not Reasonable!

And lastly, I demand that those proposing new restrictions first learn and understand the existing laws and enforce THEM instead of trying to impose more restrictions on legal gun owners.

Sen Chang-Diaz asked why 1 gun a month would impose an onerous restriction on legal gun owners. I'm glad she asked. As the mother of a fifteen year old if we wish to explore a sport involving firearms together (and there are many sports other than hunting) I must buy the necessary equipment. Some sports like 3 gun competitions, oddly enough, require 3 different firearms. This would mean for the 2 of us we would need to have 6 firearms plus spare magazines. The 1 gun a month bill could cause us to spend more than a year to obtain all the necessary equipment, guns, magazines, spare parts as they are restricted under this 1 gun per month bill.
You were AWESOME!! Thank you for all your efforts. Thank you to all for attending.

Naughton said they want to come out of this with one, comprehensive, bill. Whatever that means.

800 pages translated into one undecipherable mess of legalese that ensures the subjugation of our COMPLIANT peoples.

1GaM will kill businesses and cause a defacto prohibition of the 2A if FTF sales also become verboten. Subsequent generations will enjoy 'peon' status with no way to legally obtain weapons and will skittishly obey their overlords.

YUCK.

They'll try to cram all of the bad crap from the 60 bills into one piece of legislation. Good and bad - will be hard to get everyone to agree on such a big turd.

Or it could mean they'll bunch up all the things most on both sides agree and stay away from the polarizing stuff while we worry about other things. Lots of times people will play the percentage game and propose 100 things to realistically see 20% pass.

Hey, I'm an optimist.

I was not able to get out of work obligations to attend today. Thanks and respect to those who went and testified, I owe you a frosty cold brew. I was able to listen to portions of the hearing online when I got a chance. I was pretty discouraged after hearing what I heard in the morning, it sure seemed like the deck had been stacked in favor of the antis as far as scheduling all of the early speakers. Maybe because all the politicians figured they could get an early start on the weekend by showing up. I got a real kick out of that DA Conley, reminded me of Mayor Quimby from the Simpsons. I heard some good pro gun speakers when I was able to tune in late in the afternoon. Maybe just like a lot of Sox games this year, the game can be won in the last innings.

My rep had a 'hearing' Monday night in North Adams which was very productive. I didn't see anything about it on NES. There were about 50 of us who showed up to speak. Only saw one anti speak while I was there.
North Berkshire Residents Speak Out on Gun Measures / iBerkshires.com - The Berkshires online guide to events, news and Berkshire County community information.

NES can sometimes become a 'feedback loop'. There are a lot of pro 2A people out there, contacting their reps, writing letters and making phone calls. A lot of them are older and not especially internet savvy so they are not well represented on NES, or as current on the situation. Don't give up. Keep the pressure on your reps and senators. Remind your relatives and friends what is at stake, and supply them with the means to have their voices heard. Just like we saw in Colorado, the antis might have their organized and funded supporters but the grass roots can be more effective.

Thank you, Penny Pincher!

You should have asked Senator Diaz how she thinks that One-Gun-a-Month restrictions will stop crimes when criminals get guns ILLEGALLY!!

- - - Updated - - -

When I hear a democrat say "comprehensive", I can only think of obamacare, illegal alien amnesty, and more totalitarian liberalism controlling my existance.

Yup. Usually means a bunch of $hit packaged together in one crappy bill that nobody has any idea how to implement or enforce and most people haven't read.

I actually heard one lady today say that we shouldn't be too hard on the inner city kids that use illegal guns to hurt/kill people b/c these issues are very complicated. I almost fell out of my seat. And in the next breath she wants to punish us and limit our rights. Unbelievable.

Back
Top Bottom