WILL YOU BE ATTENDING THE RALLY?

• I'll be there. HOORAH!

Votes: 135 66.2%
  • Nope, I can't make it.

Votes: 58 28.4%
  • I give up, not worth it anymore

Votes: 11 5.4%

• Total voters
All we can do now is to keep up the pressure on our local reps. I plan on calling mine again next week and, when she has local office hours, I am going to go speak with her. My Senator is Ross and he is in our camp but I will call him too. I heard one person on a forum thread saying that the only people reaching out directly to the legislators were pro-2A's... we need to keep up the pressure directly on the folks that are actually going to vote on these things.

"we have to be careful about demonizing the young people that are using guns."

Ignorance Is Strength.

These are their talking points. They choose to blame the gun (the tool) instead of the behavior and individual for the violent act.

This is why violent crime and yes, gun crime will continue to soar in the POS state no matter how many ****in' laws they pass, while states like NH, VT, and ME see violent crimes go down.

In MA we disarm and criminalize the law-abiding and coddle and set free the lunatic murderers and rapists. Great place to live. This makes me physically sick.

The 'legitimate' approach has been tried for decades, and all it has proven is that MA gun owners will comply with every restriction placed on them; things have gotten worse, not better with this approach. The cards have been falling. How many decks do you want to go through?

I need a marked deck! Jim dis ok but the 14yr old kid stoey was out of place. I dis like how he shut Diaz down. If they dont call us regulars by 4 im guessing I did my 8 hours here gotta pick up the kiddies since my 11 yr old hasnt learned how to hitchhike yet. Glad to see those who showed. Time will tell how fd up this will get but I guess I can always spens moew time in my house up north.

The 'legitimate' approach has been tried for decades, and all it has proven is that MA gun owners will comply with every restriction placed on them; things have gotten worse, not better with this approach. The cards have been falling. How many decks do you want to go through?

Yet you still live in ma - Mr. Will not comply. What is your solution?

Yesterday I would have disagreed with you. After today I could not agree with you more.

This "yelling fire in a crowded theater" drives me crazy. That would be illegal, but if you yell fire and there IS a fire you would be lauded as a hero. If you use a gun illegally, it is a crime, just as if you yell fire with no fire. Also, you are punished in First Amendment for COMMITTING the crime, not prevented from doing it. That is prior restraint.

Why don't you guys hammer this shit home a little more. We at least tried to make a presence. Doesn't mean we are going to sit here and cry. We are trying the "legitimate" approach first, and the cards will fall where they will.

Completely agree.

All we can do now is to keep up the pressure on our local reps. I plan on calling mine again next week and, when she has local office hours, I am going to go speak with her. My Senator is Ross and he is in our camp but I will call him too. I heard one person on a forum thread saying that the only people reaching out directly to the legislators were pro-2A's... we need to keep up the pressure directly on the folks that are actually going to vote on these things.

I agree except if you are in a moonbat district where the your rep/senator runs unopposed.

From the comments today I can’t say I’m surprised about how the hearing is unfolding. I was at the last one in Springfield and fittingly it was held in an auditorium on a stage. The politicians there were nothing more than actors and the final act had already been written. I hate to say it, but MA won’t turn any differently than NY, CT, CO, MD, NJ, and CA.

I'm so sick of hearing about these supposed loopholes in the firearms resale market. It all sounds like regurgitated talking points from the national level debate. Those issues bear little relevance to the situation in MA. For people who claim to have spent so much time researching gun laws around the nation, they have an astonishing lack of understanding of MA gun laws.

Remember they are politicians up there - they will lie to anyone and everyone. They may realize that certain bills WILL produce a backlash - they probably will go for more baby steps - WE MUST NOT COMPLY with even the slightest additional infringement and we must push bills and ballot questions that support our cause.

I do know that if they go the 7rd mag route - it opens up the world of PMAGs to me. If I'm going to get hooked up for my Vietnam Era 20 & 30 rd mags - I might as well get some Pmags too, they can only jail you once.

Guns are bad.

They live in constant fear of military grade assault weapons.

Apparently I was lucky to escape my parents house and not spontaneously commit suicide, just because they had guns in the house

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Me too. Can you believe I never played Russian roulette with dad's j-frame?! I even knew how to get into the safe by the time I was 12 or 13.

The only way to ever get anything pro 2A to happen in MA is out of a court room.

We will never see anything positive that is non-FUDD come out of the state house in the short or mid term.

Support Comm2A. It's the only way shits going to change.

Sending them money; but leaving our rights up to the judgement of 4 lawyers in Mass or 5 on the SCOTUS doesn't make me feel any better.

I showed up late. Stood front of statehouse, met some nice folks..

Next rally I will do same. I will not stop. Will not quit. I WILL be there somehow every time. Don't care if its just me and one other person. Better to stand, fight and possibly loose, than not fight at all.

Next step for me, schedule a meeting with my local reps. Weather they like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom