Active Shooter at Navy Yard in DC

Then it wouldn't be an AR15, it would be an M4, M16, or other variant. The media is just trying to paint the AR15 as 'military-grade' to scare the sheep.

Right, but it would explain the reports of their being an auto weapon of some sort involved. I know, I am giving the MSM way too much credit.

Here we go again. Another day, another 12 lives lost, and another situation where a law-abiding citizen with a gun could have prevented the whole situation from happening.

This happened in a gun free zone, inside a gun free city. What more proof to people need to understand that gun free zones do not and will not work, ever, period.

Prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones, and to all the injured. There's way too much evil in the world today.

im thinking since it was a military base, and since a ar-15, to many civilians is a military weapon, it would be a hard argument for them to try and make a ban happen from this, not to say they wont try,

But if they do, its seems it would be quite easy to sway the public our way just by saying

(it was a military bace and weapons like that are supposed to be there even with a ban)

also one could also argue as many have stated, (why were are armed forces un armed to protect us?)

I think alot of the anti ranting would get lost in the many other questions that the public would want answered without hearing there unrelated banter on how a ban should happen

Last edited:
im thinking since it was a military bace and a ar-15 to many civilians is a military weapon, it would be a hard argument for them to try and make a ban happen from this, not to say they wont try,

But if they do, its seems it would be quite easy to sway the public our way just by saying (it was a military bace and weapons like that are supposed to be there even with a ban) also one could also argue as many have stated, (why were are armed forces un armed to protect us?)

BASE.....

Reporter just asked doctor, he heard ak 47, shotgun and a pistol. she said i have heard similar but cannot confirm.. heard from the government official "say it was an AK 47"..

Now doctors can tack this title on

media-guide-firearms.jpg

Make no doubt the attempt is coming:

http://www.storyleak.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/comment-gun-ban.png

BE READY:

And yes as eluded to, Ammo is going FR again.

Last, certainly not least - Prayers for all those involved.

LOL.

Hilary and her douchebag friends, see my sig.

Last edited:
Here we go again. Another day, another 12 lives lost, and another situation where a law-abiding citizen with a gun could have prevented the whole situation from happening.

This happened in a gun free zone, inside a gun free city. What more proof to people need to understand that gun free zones do not and will not work, ever, period.

And this needs to be the message...come out swinging and don't take prisoners.

On another note, not surprising that it looks like some news outlets are manipulating the storys a bit to make it more interesting, when apparently no one knows jack about whats realy happening,

Way to many numbers out there and all diffrent and down right wrong, but no one knows what to believe, the reporting is just getting so stupid these days

Last edited:

Prayers go out to all those who lost loved ones, and to all the injured. There's way too much evil in the world today.

+1

He was a quite man, he loved to meditate.....Isnt that always the description... but when we look further he propably had a Youtube chanel praising Jihad like the Boston morons.

On another note, not surprising that it looks like someone news reports are minipulating the storys a bit to make it more interesting, when apparently no one knows jack about whats realy happening,

Way to many numbers out there and all different and down right wrong, but no one knows what to believe, the reporting is just getting so stupid these days
Yup. I need to ignore the news (and this thread) for 24hrs. After that there may be some real facts available.

sad sad stuff, we should be able to discuss the actual things that matter about this tragedy instead of how some people will use it to paint gun owners in a bad light and how others want to use it to paint (insert ethnicity here) in a bad light, etc etc etc

Unfortunately not even allowing people to carry would have prevented the whole situation from happening. I am however confident it would have limited/decreased the number killed. There is nothing that can be done that will prevent all crime, sadly.

But the point remains valid. I guarantee the number killed would have been less than 12 had people been carrying. But it wouldn't be zero either. Statistics do show the number killed is lower when confronted by another armed individual already there.

Yup. I need to ignore the news (and this thread) for 24hrs. After that there may be some real facts available.

Real facts and obscene amounts of misinformation and lies as well. Not paying attention until a day later can often make it that much more difficult to figure out what information is legitimate and what is BS. Then again, that is the case now too. I'm not sure it makes much of a difference.

I don't know. It's a coinflip.

Last edited:
I blame the UAW. He drove there right?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

It only took 7 minutes from the first 911 call until the first officers entered the building. As the Chief described it, they had to form active shooter teams in order to enter the building. With an active shooter in the building, I can't imagine the excruciating eternity 7 minutes would feel like.

Various media now reporting the suspect killed was a civilian contractor and former Navy Petty Officer. Sounds more and more like a disgruntled worker to me, though obviously the jury is still out on motive...

*Edit* Some media also reporting he had a prior arrest due to a negligent discharge in TX.

Various media now reporting the suspect killed was a civilian contractor and former Navy Petty Officer. Sounds more and more like a disgruntled worker to me, though obviously the jury is still out on motive...

*Edit* Some media also reporting he had a prior arrest due to a negligent discharge in TX.

Arrested but not charged.

Back
Top Bottom