A Dozen AR Lowers for $1995.00

Spikes tactical is running a special where you get a dozen AR15 lowers in a cabinet grade wood crate for $1995.00

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41_23&products_id=225

anyone got $1994.00 they can spare?
crate2.jpg

Desperation.

probably, the lack of LPK's and uppers probably has the demand down for lowers. W/ spikes it's not for lack of quality or dedicated fan base. Spikes puts out pretty top notch stuff (of course i'm comparing my ST-15 to my old bushmaster POS-15)

Nice box![smile] Can anyone tell me why my Spikes lower has YHM on the ejection side?

spikes uses YHM uppers, BUIS, handguards etc.

if It says YHM on the magwell ejection side, it's most likely a special edition. Spike does lots of special limited runs.
spikes.jpg

I'm hoping they do a "Stops Jihad on contact" run

Last edited:
This would be a great deal... if it came to less than $120 a lower. $160+ is a lot more than I'm willing to spend for a lower.

Selling lowers that you can't get parts for....

....and don't forget shipping and FFL transfer fees.

All I remember about Spikes is that when things got tight they were the first to bump the price of their lowers to gouging prices of around $200.00 they even banged up there wholesale price.
I have a much longer memory about who was gouging and who was not and this will drive my future business.

What I find interesting... if this offer had been made three or four months ago how long would it have lasted? I'm guessing they would have been all gone in a day.

It feels like demand has slackened a bit for these.

Cheers,

Rich

All I remember about Spikes is that when things got tight they were the first to bump the price of their lowers to gouging prices of around $200.00 they even banged up there wholesale price.
That doesn't bother me. What I do remember is a certain well known company that I am reasonably sure refused to honor the price on back orders they had already accepted when the 1994 rush increased the market value of the 30 round mags they were churning out. This was a manufacturer, not a distributor who could reasonably say "the cost to us increased so we had to change the price". The fact that I am only 99% certain of the company doing this prevents me from mentioning the name.

Price aside, why?

I'm not saying anyone needs to justify owning 12 ARs but I can't see why anyone would want to own 12 of them vs. a more varied collection.

Price aside, why?

I'm not saying anyone needs to justify owning 12 ARs but I can't see why anyone would want to own 12 of them vs. a more varied collection.

Well, I could come up with 12 AR's I'd like to build, but you're right - in my case, I'd rather spend the dough on other stuff. I think something like this - if priced better, would be good for a LEO's a group of friends, shooting team, etc...

Well, I could come up with 12 AR's I'd like to build, but you're right - in my case, I'd rather spend the dough on other stuff. I think something like this - if priced better, would be good for a LEO's a group of friends, shooting team, etc...

Good points on the group aspect. I hadn't thought about it in that sense. The somewhat fancy box made me think of it as an individual buy.

Personally, the only other AR I'd really like is a piston gun like a POF or LMT.

I just picked up a S&W lower for around $120. And once you get one, you get a coupon for $25 off you next firearm from them, and so on and so on. So it is around $145 without the discount.

Back
Top Bottom