9x21's whining thread

Warming up a bit.

2it273a.jpg

Wow! What's with all the sensitivity to my statement? I based my assumption on his strong support of safe tables which, IMO, have about the same value as a 5 round rule at a range.

Safe tables. Singing the commands
Staaaaand byyyyy!
show safe. Put on a condom. Holster

Geigh

A hot range equals maturity. If you can't handle a hot firearm at a range/competition then maybe you shouldn't handle a firearm around other adults

Last edited:
A hot range equals maturity. If you can handle a hot firearm at a range/competition then maybe you shouldn't handle a firearm around other adults

Yeah... no doubt. I'm not mature and I hope I don't make people feel unsafe at the range. If I do I apologize... but get used to it!

Staaaaand byyyyy!

Geigh

A hot range equals maturity. If you can handle a hot firearm at a range/competition then maybe you shouldn't handle a firearm around other adults

I bet a safe table might have prevented that situation in your avatar.

Wow! What's with all the sensitivity to my statement? I based my assumption on his strong support of safe tables which, IMO, have about the same value as a 5 round rule at a range.

The reason for the reaction is the irony of your comment. He shoots USPSA open with ~30 round magazines.

Last edited:
Staaaaand byyyyy!

Geigh

How are you suppose to know who can and can not handle a firearms safely at the match when they are new? easy... you put a simple rule in place. If you can't follow that then you don't get to shoot.

The rule is there to have a way to get rid of idiots

How are you suppose to know who can and can not handle a firearms safely at the match when they are new? easy... you put a simple rule in place. If you can't follow that then you don't get to shoot.

The rule is there to have a way to get rid of idiots

A safety briefing covers what needs to be done. Again if some f-ing moron can't handle a firearm what makes you think you're safe running around with him holding a timer? Seriously the logic of a "Safe Table" is about as effective as a rape whistle in Alaska.

Soooo you dump out all your ammo on the safe table then work on the gun while others are doing the same... dry firing etc? I've done the hot range thing... I'm fine with a cold range.
Point it in a safe direction, remove magazine, cycle the slide to remove the round, and do what you have to do. When you're done, reload and holster. I don't see what the big deal is. If you can't do that safely, you shouldn't be at a match.

Most of the classes that I've taken have been a hot range. Not a big deal. Just leave the darn gun in the holster and you're all set. Take it out when you are not supposed to and you go home.

Last edited:
Soooo you dump out all your ammo on the safe table then work on the gun while others are doing the same... dry firing etc? I've done the hot range thing... I'm fine with a cold range.
I forgot that ammo jumps into the gun by itself

if we all "TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED" Then no one should have a problem with a hot range. The problem is, this sport is open to ALL competitors, new shooters who have not had safety engrained in their psyche. This may make some people feel uncomfortable. It's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet, you don't worry about your own ability to ride, you worry about the fool wh is texting and driving and doesn't see you as he runs your butt over.

The reason for the reaction is the irony of your comment. He shoots USPSA open with ~30 round magazines.

What does shooting competition have to do with club range rules? I've met range nazis that shoot and/or CCW with hi-cap mags outside of the club but still support 5 round rules at the club. Christ, there was a guy at one of our meetings that was standing up and supporting a 5 round limit and I stood up and asked him how many rounds was in the pistol he had on his hip...his answer was "I always carry it full (14+1)". Hypocrisy is a magical thing.

if we all "TREAT ALL FIREARMS AS IF THEY ARE LOADED"
That's the whole point of a hot range. People get shot with NDs because they think the gun is unloaded. On a hot range, it really is loaded, all the time. At NHTAG, after you finished shooting your stage, instead of unload and show clear, the SO said load and holster -- he wouldn't let you leave the firing line until your gun was loaded again. So when you left the line, you really did know that all firearms are loaded.

I feel safe on a well-run cold range. I feel safe on a well-run hot range. Either can work. Either can be a clusterflop.

A safety briefing covers what needs to be done. Again if some f-ing moron can't handle a firearm what makes you think you're safe running around with him holding a timer? Seriously the logic of a "Safe Table" is about as effective as a rape whistle in Alaska.

But its easier to find the bear that whistles.

I've shot on mostly cold ranges. So that's all I'm really comfortable with.
I suppose I'd feel safer on a hot range at a IDPA match because all the holsters are normal conceilment holsters that cover most of the gun & is tucked away nicely.
USPSA has it's share of heavily modified race guns that are practically hanging out of exposed, customized, adjustable competition rigs. It's not very uncommon to see one hit the ground from time to time with just a simple hit of a switch or lever.
I feel safer knowing they're unloaded when I'm on the line.
Different games can and should be governed by different sets of rules.

Just an honest question, where should people bag and unbag their guns at matches with no safe tables? How many times have you been to a range and some asshat pulls a gun out of a bag and waves it around until it finds its way to the holster, or bench or something? Yes you could throw them out but by that time there may be a hole in someone and by then its a little too late isn't it? Just last month at a match there were people downrange tearing down a stage after the match when some jackass club member walks over to the bay and takes out his guns and points them downrange where the workers were gathering the targets. After almost having his head shoved up his ass he still swore he did nothing wrong since they were unloaded. How many people have been shot in the world with "unloaded" guns. There are too many people with pathetic gun handling skills to take chances.

Back
Top Bottom