9x21's whining thread

Then tell them to GTF off of the range. It's simple. Why the hell would you allow someone to shoot with you who you don't trust with a gun.

That's like jumping in to the passenger seat of a drunk driver and saying "Well I have my seat belt on..."

Because it's not my range.. and others may not agree with me. I chose to not squad with certain people and I won't run certain people thru my stage. I'd run you thru my stage! ;)

John would have smoothed and soothed all egos by the 3rd post. Only met the man once and he was a townie.

Because it's not my range.. and others may not agree with me. I chose to not squad with certain people and I won't run certain people thru my stage. I'd run you thru my stage! ;)

Only because you want me looking up at your name on the score sheet.

Only because you want me looking up at your name on the score sheet.

Sometimes. I just hope someone posts something antagonistic so I will stay online. The alternative is to go downstairs to make some ammo... God... I hate reloading. That and dry firing have to be the worst shit.

I've competed in IDPA on hot ranges and cold ranges. Both can be run safely; both can be run unsafely. Given my druthers, I prefer a hot range, but either works.

Lugnut, back when NHTAG was at Nashua, the only places your gun came out of the holster was at the safe table or on the line under the supervision of the SO. So the place you would work on your gun is at the safe table, just like at an IDPA cold range.

I am sure John will be by shortly angrily posting about my lack of competition experience and firearms experience. Hang on.

I am sure John will be by shortly angrily posting about my lack of competition experience and firearms experience. Hang on.

No- he's done for the night. That's what he does. Stirs things up and leaves for a day. Ask Walsh.

I thought you were a noob????

Lugnut, back when NHTAG was at Nashua, the only places your gun came out of the holster was at the safe table or on the line under the supervision of the SO. So the place you would work on your gun is at the safe table, just like at an IDPA cold range.

Soooo you dump out all your ammo on the safe table then work on the gun while others are doing the same... dry firing etc? I've done the hot range thing... I'm fine with a cold range.

This is the ski helmet phenomenon. Some people "grew up" after ski helmets were all the rage, and as a result, cannot fathom anyone ever skiing without one. "My God, have you ever heard of anything so unsafe?!" They make no allowance for the fact millions ski (and have skied) safely without one, and to advocate such is considered simply irresponsible.

"Safe tables" don't make a range "safe." Safety-aware people do.

Oh... I noticed a couple of the cowboy folks pull guns out of their holsters in the parking lot without warning!! [thinking] Do they not make use of safe tables in their sport? (this is an honest question. I'm not trying to be a dick.)
Yes you are. A range nazi is a range nazi.

I just realized I'm not green anymore. :( The entertainment value of this thread alone is reason enough to go green!!!

It's not epic yet, but I am fairly certain when Captain Mangina logs back in the implosion will be worth the price of admission.

I'm hoping no one would argue that working on firearms (fixing, cleaning, etc) is something that should done with ammo all over the place.
I do just that all the f-ing time in my house and have never shot anyone or anything.

Seriously, some of you people could eat coal and shit diamonds

Why do I get the feeling that 9x21 is a big supporter of the "no more than 5 rounds loaded" range rule?

If you saw the guns he shoots you'd realize how silly that statement is.

Every competitive shooting event I've been to (IDPA, USPSA, ICORE, steel challenge, WoS, bullseye) has been run as a cold range with some sort of safe table. There may have been a couple of matches that had a "hot" bay but that is rare. I don't have a problem with a hot range, I've taken many classes that were handled that way. It's the rules of the game and/or club that dictates it. Loading and unloading is rarely the bottleneck, it's usually scoring and reseting the stage that is.

Back
Top Bottom