9x21's whining thread

I've shot on mostly cold ranges. So that's all I'm really comfortable with.
I suppose I'd feel safer on a hot range at a IDPA match because all the holsters are normal conceilment holsters that cover most of the gun & is tucked away nicely.
USPSA has it's share of heavily modified race guns that are practically hanging out of exposed, customized, adjustable competition rigs. It's not very uncommon to see one hit the ground from time to time with just a simple hit of a switch or lever.
I feel safer knowing they're unloaded when I'm on the line.
Different games can and should be governed by different sets of rules.

I know it's amazing that these guns jump out and shoot babies. We should probably require trigger locks, and safes at the house to ensure these guns don't jump up and kill people.

Massachusetts baby, gotta love the beaten down mentality...

Just an honest question, where should people bag and unbag their guns at matches with no safe tables? How many times have you been to a range and some asshat pulls a gun out of a bag and waves it around until it finds its way to the holster, or bench or something? Yes you could throw them out but by that time there may be a hole in someone and by then its a little too late isn't it? Just last month at a match there were people downrange tearing down a stage after the match when some jackass club member walks over to the bay and takes out his guns and points them downrange where the workers were gathering the targets. After almost having his head shoved up his ass he still swore he did nothing wrong since they were unloaded. How many people have been shot in the world with "unloaded" guns. There are too many people with pathetic gun handling skills to take chances.

Ever heard of MUZZLE CONTROL? Is that a foreign concept?

The best is yet to come...as many are moving your way. You better figure it out now.

You can argue for a cold range, you could argue for a hot range. People that run a hot range aren't necessarily cooler or more mature. And I still find it amazing that none of you seem to have run into anyone that had blatant disregard for other's safety while handling a firearm. Oh and if you did, maybe you might have kicked them off the range but they'll be back and be someone else's problem some day. That can happen in hot/cold range situation for sure...

There are plenty of people I shoot with while running a hot range. I have the utmost respect for their knowledge of good firearm handling. Others... if I have to be around them, I'd rather them be dry most of the time. Especially that cool guy that thinks everything they do is awesome. Yep- that's my opinion.

Awesome thread.

Safety tables and cold ranges are homosexual. And I mean that in the most derogatory, mean way possible, just in case you thought I wasn't trying to offend you. You know who you are [wink]

Seriously, if you don't know how to handle a gun, a safely a table is not going to stop you from being a retard. Maybe we should start adding Cacticals to cold ranges too.

Derek,
you spelled WINNING wrong,
It's
9x21 WINNING Thread!
Looked up your vast competition experience, very good!
BUT, it's ancient history

They did not have "don't ask, don't tell", when you joined the Marines, did they?
It's OK, you can come out of the closet now...................

Good Morning everyone else!, including all you hot range, .45 tot'n bad ass muther****er$

I know it's amazing that these guns jump out and shoot babies. We should probably require trigger locks, and safes at the house to ensure these guns don't jump up and kill people.

Have you seen an open/limited gun race holster? Have you seen a gun fall out because someone forgot to lock it or they bumped something? I have. Most of these guns have pinned grip safeties and hair triggers. I have no problem being on a hot range with "regular" holsters.

Damn you people stay up late. Us old guys need our rest.

On the topic of Safe Tables: The games I play have rules. I enforce the rules when working a match and abide by the when shooting and when working. If you want to play the game, learn the rules. If you are not sure about the rules, ask and someone will help you either follow them or find the way off the range.

Safe tables are a necessity in these sports as much as Range Officers. I have had more guns pointed at me on a cold range than anywhere else. I have NEVER had a gun pointed at me on a hot range. Just lucky I guess... Hell, I had guns pointed at me at the JK memorial last year and this year. It happens with new competitors and I deal with it. Sometimes in a nice way, sometimes not so nice.

If you want to play the games, learn to deal with the rules. If you play the games, just because the game has certain rules does NOT mean it is the only way things are done. The "We have always done it that way" mentality does not mean you have always done it correctly and that is why there is a trauma kit in my truck.

To Jose, before you disrespect a friend of mine here or anywhere else, make damn sure you know the person rather than talking out your ass. The OP that asked the question is a stand up guy and asked a legitimate question and does not deserve the response you posted.

On the topic of Safe Tables: The games I play have rules. I enforce the rules when working a match and abide by the when shooting and when working. If you want to play the game, learn the rules. If you are not sure about the rules, ask and someone will help you either follow them or find the way off the range.

If you want to play the games, learn to deal with the rules. If you play the games, just because the game has certain rules does NOT mean it is the only way things are done. The "We have always done it that way" mentality does not mean you have always done it correctly and that is why there is a trauma kit in my truck.

And right there are two paragraphs that cut to the heart of the whole discussion.

Safe tables are a necessity in these sports as much as Range Officers. I have had more guns pointed at me on a cold range than anywhere else. I have NEVER had a gun pointed at me on a hot range. Just lucky I guess... Hell, I had guns pointed at me at the JK memorial last year and this year. It happens with new competitors and I deal with it. Sometimes in a nice way, sometimes not so nice.

To Jose, before you disrespect a friend of mine here or anywhere else, make damn sure you know the person rather than talking out your ass. The OP that asked the question is a stand up guy and asked a legitimate question and does not deserve the response you posted.

Gary - well said.

I've never used a "safe table" in my entire life and I've gone in and out of the holster around many people over the years. Nobody ever got hurt. [wink]

IMO safe tables are pretty ghey, but then again I am a prick. [shocked]

What about Open Bolt Indicators(OBIs) / Empty Chamber Indicators (ECIs) - These have been mandatory for highpower rifle shooters for several years - are these ghey too?

Those of you who disagree with the USPSA safe table rule should get in touch with your Area President. If it's as sheepish and unnecessary as you say, you'll get a groundswell of popular support. You are active competitors, right?

+1

I'm confused.

Dear Confused,

There are a lot of differences between Ghey and straight. You will need to work these things out on your own or with the use of support groups. Those Ghey members of this forum are always willing to help you with attire tips and more.

Here is hoping your confusion changes and you find your path

Abby

I was at a shoot a while back, I was switching between guns (removing one and replacing with another empty .45) in a distant corner inside the cold range. Got barked at by another shooter for it, told me I'd be tossed out if anyone else saw me do it etc. Fine... No prob... OK... I'll comply... But, what sucks was I was a guest at this range and you needed a key pass to get back in from the "safe area". So after the last time I was locked out (ever try to get the attention of people with ear protection on and firing with a loud knock on the door? Not possible) I figured a two second swap would not be criminal. Guess I was wrong...

So I proceeded to be locked out a few more times.. What fun!

I was at a shoot a while back, I was switching between guns (removing one and replacing with another empty .45) in a distant corner inside the cold range. Got barked at by another shooter for it, told me I'd be tossed out if anyone else saw me do it etc. Fine... No prob... OK... I'll comply... But, what sucks was I was a guest at this range and you needed a key pass to get back in from the "safe area". So after the last time I was locked out (ever try to get the attention of people with ear protection on and firing with a loud knock on the door? Not possible) I figured a two second swap would not be criminal. Guess I was wrong...

So I proceeded to be locked out a few more times.. What fun!

Or just ask someone to hold the door while you are at the safe table.

LOL. Try that at a match and see what happens.

Hey, it's only the next logical step in safety. I am just ahead of my time is all. When everyone catches up to my level of safety enlightenment, this is what matches will look like.

img_9540.jpg

You will all be rocking one of these.
nes_zapper.jpg

Or just ask someone to hold the door while you are at the safe table.

Easier said than done... When all are watching the shoot and I need to drag someone away...

I'm all for safety, but "some" of the rules are a bit "over cautious". Been shooting now for 36 years (and I'm in my early forty's). I must say, accidents do happen, but I for one, when I have a pistol on me or in my hands, treat it as loaded and only handle it with the intent of doing something with it (i.e. load, unload, fire or put it away). I play with my food, not my guns...

Yeah, you don't know me, yeah I don't know you... But still...

Back
Top Bottom