9/24 IDPA @ Riverside: Quick question.

Hopefully the answer is "All day and then some", but how long does the typical IDPA match run? My wife is still harboring the illusion that I may actually make it to a cookout later in the day with a bunch of her friends.

Good time at the practice last night. A lot of fun after a long day. VERY informative at a bunch of levels. The more experienced shooters are extremely helpful and generous with the advice. Met some new people, and finally got to meet Ross. Nowhere near as insane in person as I had been led to believe he was. ;)

My "favorite" moment from last night was, right after giving the "Shooters make ready" command, Darius very politely approached me and suggested I may actually want to have a magazine in my just-racked and reholstered gun. :)

Ozman said:
finally got to meet Ross. Nowhere near as insane in person as I had been led to believe he was. ;)

LIES, ALL LIES!!

You think anyone sane would volunteer to shoot Chris' S&W 500, much less that little COP .357?

Just ask my sister or mother - they'll tell you I'm nuts. A certified, dyed-in-the-wool, motorcycle-riding, gun-owning wacko.

Honest.

You're not buying this, are you?

*sigh*

Busted.

Ross, if it will make you feel better, I'll tell everyone you showed up with a Pancho Villa style hat and wearing a set of crossed bandoleros loaded with .50 cal tracer rounds and spent the night on a bench behind the firing line whistling the theme to The Mickey Mouse Club while you played with your Derringer.

Feel better?

But hey, anyone want to chime in with a best guess on when the match might run until?

Thanks,

Steve

Ozman said:
I'll tell everyone you showed up with a Pancho Villa style hat and wearing a set of crossed bandoleros loaded with .50 cal tracer rounds and spent the night on a bench behind the firing line whistling the theme to The Mickey Mouse Club while you played with your Derringer.
Hey, that wasn't me! That was C-pher!
Ozman said:
But hey, anyone want to chime in with a best guess on when the match might run until?

Probaly 1:30 - 2. Depends on how many people show up and what kind of deviltry Darius has up the sleeve of his three-piece suit,

dwarven1 said:
Hey, that wasn't me! That was C-pher!

Which dude was C-Pher?

and what kind of deviltry Darius has up the sleeve of his three-piece suit,

Hey, that may make for a good match: You have to shoot in your normal work clothes.

Of course, also being an attorney who spends most of his time in court, it irks me to no end that that's one of the places I most hate having to go to unarmed. I do some teaching at the college level also and feel the same way about that environment.

Steve

Ozman said:
Which dude was C-Pher?

The guy with the Pancho Villa style hat wearing a set of crossed bandoleros loaded with .50 cal tracer rounds who spent the night on a bench behind the firing line whistling the theme to The Mickey Mouse Club. [roll]

Lynne said:
Chris said:
Ozman said:
Hey, that may make for a good match: You have to shoot in your normal work clothes.

I work from home, in my basement - do you really want me to appear ont eh range in my 'work clothes'?

(^_^)

One wonders where you'd conceal the .500?

[lol]

Well, we'd all certainly be impressed one way or another.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom