• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pcc 😂 in idpa

bostonelli

NES Member
Hi

I see some people run pcc for idpa. Is it 30 rounds as Div capacity? Can you run a mag with an extender as long as only 30 rounder are loaded? Can you run primary dot and offset? Also laser and light is ok?

Seems too easy not having to reload. Magwell ok for idpa? Muzzle break?

Thanks!

It’s max 30 rounds. It’s a different game with a PCC, but you’re competing against other PCC shooters. Fast guys are still fast. I guess you could have a dot and offset irons (how different is it from a co-witnessed dot?) but I don’t know about mounted light/laser.

Hi

I see some people run pcc for idpa. Is it 30 rounds as Div capacity? Can you run a mag with an extender as long as only 30 rounder are loaded? Can you run primary dot and offset? Also laser and light is ok?

Thanks!
Yes except I’m not sure about the mag extender? I know it’s 30 rounds I just don’t know if there’s limits on the size (not capacity) of the mags.
You’d have to brush up on the rules. I don’t cheat I mean shoot PCC 😂

Yes except I’m not sure about the mag extender? I know it’s 30 rounds I just don’t know if there’s limits on the size (not capacity) of the mags.

It just looks so fun and bonus is not reloading haha

It just looks so fun and bonus is not reloading haha
It does look like fun as long as the gun functions 100% during a match 😂 . Seems like the JP rifles are the best “factory” PCC’s along with some of the Sig’s. I don’t own a PCC but that’s just been my observation from IDPA/USPSA matches.

If I were to jump into PCC I’d build a SBR so it’s nice a compact for fast transitions etc.

It does look like fun as long as the gun functions 100% during a match 😂 . Seems like the JP rifles are the best “factory” PCC’s along with some of the Sig’s. I don’t own a PCC but that’s just been my observation from IDPA/USPSA matches.

If I were to jump into PCC I’d build a SBR so it’s nice a compact for fast transitions etc.
Yes or curious how a tavor bullpup would be. For a sbr does the receiver need to be engraved or just the sbr upper?

Don't shoot competitively, but I can attest to JP Rifles build quality. The thing just runs, and runs. Always let new shooters try it and every single one has had a big ole smile on their face. One of my favorites to shoot, too.

Hi

Thanks!

After watching way too many discussions/arguments about rules in IDPA (and USPSA too, to be honest), both at matches and online - I'd go to the ruleboook to answer your questions.

10.0- Division Capacity: Maximum is 30 rounds per magazine. Shooters are allowed to load magazines with less than 30 rounds at their choosing. Shooters may use standard size pistol magazines on stages in lieu of 30 round magazines.

6.0- PCC Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):
A. Sights: Iron, optical, and electronic sights are permitted.
B. Lights and Lasers: Permitted and allowed for use.

C. Muzzle Devices: Flash hiders, compensators, and muzzle brakes are permitted.

Magwell is neither explicitly included or disallowed. As a CSO, I would allow it based on the other rules - others may disagree.

NOTE - These are the CURRENT IDPA rules. I haven't looked at the new rules for 2022 that take effect a couple months from now.

Rule specifies how many rounds you can load. No limit on size or capacity.

And I suspect that MA, CT and ???'s match directors would have to limit to 10 rounds because of state laws which would prevent new shooters from obtaining 30 round mags.

So an extender can be more than 1oz? So I guess you could run a 40+ round mag for free state residents.

Attachments

• 9FB79918-2273-4C5C-B940-22388FC149A4.png
    9FB79918-2273-4C5C-B940-22388FC149A4.png
    98.9 KB · Views: 2
So an extender can be more than 1oz? So I guess you could run a 40+ round mag for free state residents.

Looks like it. But you could only load to division capacity. Which is 30.

If you had a reliable setup like that, I'd run it because you could run same gear in IDPA and USPSA, loading to sport specific capacities.
Which means you could run 40 in USPSA...

See appendix D8 in PDF.js viewer

Looks like it. But you could only load to division capacity. Which is 30.

If you had a reliable setup like that, I'd run it because you could run same gear in IDPA and USPSA, loading to sport specific capacities.
Which means you could run 40 in USPSA...

See appendix D8 in PDF.js viewer

I will miss that damn sexy vest tho

The lower gets engraved
Technically, it could be engraved "...on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof..."

Not all that practical on an AR, but if you only had one SBR upper, you could just engrave the barrel and not mess with engraving the lower. (Of course, if you wanted more than one short upper, you're into engraving them all, hence my comment on practicality.) My SBS is engraved that way.

Technically, it could be engraved "...on the frame, receiver, or barrel thereof..."

Not all that practical on an AR, but if you only had one SBR upper, you could just engrave the barrel and not mess with engraving the lower. (Of course, if you wanted more than one short upper, you're into engraving them all, hence my comment on practicality.) My SBS is engraved that way.

Great thanks for the classification I’d prefer the barrel only in the event I sold the pcc. It’s just time and $400 for the sbr paperwork?

Great thanks for the classification I’d prefer the barrel only in the event I sold the pcc. It’s just time and $400 for the sbr paperwork?
$200 and about 3 weeks (eFile Form 1).

I don't know what additional hurdles MA will present; I've heard you need to upload your LTC, but, again, I don't know shit about MA-imposed obstacles.

Back
Top Bottom