3D printing

Losing my mind trying to download cr touch firmware wTF is a bin file?

Select the correct Ender version

You will need to know which version of motherboard you have so you may need to pull a cover to see the board version

lol when I first setup my Ender 5, ages ago, I had no clue what I was doing. Ended up smashing a glass build plate with the bl touch, destroying both.

Ah, the good old days of limited support and a much smaller community. Now there must be dozens of videos detailing every little thing that could go wrong.

lol when I first setup my Ender 5, ages ago, I had no clue what I was doing. Ended up smashing a glass build plate with the bl touch, destroying both.

Ah, the good old days of limited support and a much smaller community. Now there must be dozens of videos detailing every little thing that could go wrong.

Well we'll see about that. I've dusted off my trusty old A8, stripped it down a bit to clean up some mistakes. It's reassembled and rewired, but this moment, it's somewhat bricked. I'll keep tinkering with it and hopefully get it printing again. How well, we'll see. I seem to remember a lot more A8 content 6 or 7 years ago.

Any chance someone could download the firmware for me? Windows evidently cannot burn the bin to a disk. Then I need it on the sd card. I will pay for it.

Select the correct Ender version

You will need to know which version of motherboard you have so you may need to pull a cover to see the board version
I have the info. It is set up and needs the new file to upload into it.

It says I have to do it to open and download the firmware. I am going crazy over this friggin thing.
It downloads a zip file

PM me an email and I'll pull the files for you
What I need to know

Which Ender 3 version do you have? (base, pro, or max)
Which motherboard? (4.2.2 or 4.2.7 - it's on the motherboard itself)
Do you have a filament runout sensor?

Attachments

• A-Roll-Pre-Cut.00_06_41_18.Still018-1024x576.jpg
    A-Roll-Pre-Cut.00_06_41_18.Still018-1024x576.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 7
It downloads a zip file

PM me an email and I'll pull the files for you
What I need to know

Which Ender 3 version do you have? (base, pro, or max)
Which motherboard? (4.2.2 or 4.2.7 - it's on the motherboard itself)
Do you have a filament runout sensor?
I have the 4.2.2 without fliament sensor. Email inbound. 20240306_223821.jpg

I have to say they use very gay wiring.
Ended up on the lathe making bushings for the neighbor's tractor
Will email the file in the morning when I'm on the computer.

Woke up to the rain - got the call from the wife on Thursday that there was 4" of water in the basement so I'm paranoid about checking the sump pump until the high water alarm I ordered comes in.

Last place I had with a basement had trouble with drainage bc it was on a lake and had a high water level. I ended up installing redundant sump pumps with filters and failback circuits.

Prusa.
At this stage, a P1P or a P1S would be much much a better choice.
If your hobby is "printing things" rather than "tinkering with 3d printers", absolutely go with Bambu Labs.

Bambu still will break down and require maintenance and parts replacement, but where the Ender 3 is like keeping a 1974 Dodge Charger on the road, working with a Bambu is more like driving a 2023 Charger -- you won't (can't) spend nearly as much time tinkering under the hood.

If your hobby is "printing things" rather than "tinkering with 3d printers", absolutely go with Bambu Labs.

Bambu still will break down and require maintenance and parts replacement, but where the Ender 3 is like keeping a 1974 Dodge Charger on the road, working with a Bambu is more like driving a 2023 Charger -- you won't (can't) spend nearly as much time tinkering under the hood.

Based on the post stating that the Ender 3 is driving him crazy, the logical response is a printer that focuses on printing things rather than fixing shit when it breaks.

My kitchen oven. I dry bags of desiccant at the same time. I store spools in mylar ziplocks with some desiccant so I only dry spools very occasionally or when they've been left out for a while.

I just took my stuff out of storage and the filament has been sitting for almost three years so I need to dry stuff out.

Plus… the humidity down here is next level so I am trying a few dry boxes to print from.

@cockpitbob What do you use for Mylar bags? Link?

Last edited:
what do y’all use for filament dryers? Sunlu or Sovol? Dehydrator?
I use a sunlu unit.
Use whatever seems to work for you

I've even used the print bed of my ender 3 at 60°C with a cardboard box inverted over a spool before I had a dryer (poke a few holes in the bottom of the box to get a small amount of airflow)

A stock ender 3 is a work horse as long as you maintain it.
The bowden tube goes all the way to the nozzle and therefore deteriorates.with heat over time.
Best option is to do the mod where you place a cut length of high temp tube in the hot end - this lets you easily replace the failed tube and keeps the tube from backing out slightly and also causing jams.
Even better is to swap in a good all metal heat brake - don't use a chinese knock off most are junk and a good one isn't much more - or swap to the sprite direct drive extruder for a huge upgrade.

The rollers wear and need cleaning/adjustment over time - most people ignore this.

Nozzles don't last forever - they are cheap so just replace it after 5-6 spools.

A 3 will never be a high end printer but can be reliable if you do basic maintenance or small upgrades

I went with the prusa mk4, the bambu printers look good but prusa seems more like a company id rather support

The bowden tube looks like the blue 1/4" tubing used in filtrayion systems. Usually there was an brass insert that pushed into the tube before installing in the push fitting. Is that the type you speak of? And what is the heat brake? Does it just move the tubing away from the hot end?

I went with the prusa mk4, the bambu printers look good but prusa seems more like a company id rather support

I’ve never heard of Bambi Labs as being a company people wouldn’t want to support, that’s absurd lol.

Bambu is pushing the industry forward with amazing products for the average consumer that we didn’t think possible. Set it and forget it printing for the consumer with high grade materials. Prusa hasn’t innovated for over a decade.

Put your money where you want but the comparison of the two products is night & day. Bambu is for printing. Creality & Prusa are for tinkering.
Bambu is like Apple, with a closed ecosystem that just works. Creality & Prusa are IBM clones or android with open systems and the software & hardware problems that go along with that.

Prusa is WAY behind the curve at this point. At least Creality released the K1 but it still conforms to the same philosophy as above.

The bowden tube looks like the blue 1/4" tubing used in filtrayion systems. Usually there was a brass insert that pushed into the tube before installing in the push fitting. Is that the type you speak of? And what is the heat brake? Does it just move the tubing away from the hot end?
Heat brake moves heat from the hot end to the cold end. Essentially.

The mod he is talking about is cutting a short piece of high temp tubing that fits in the extruder. The normal tube then abuts that short shank. The purpose is to make it prolong the life of the tubing.

However, a common problem is hot filament pushing that shank up slightly, hardening, and causing a blockage. Nothing is perfect.

I’ve never heard of Bambi Labs as being a company people wouldn’t want to support, that’s absurd lol.

Bambu is pushing the industry forward with amazing products for the average consumer that we didn’t think possible. Set it and forget it printing for the consumer with high grade materials. Prusa hasn’t innovated for over a decade.

Put your money where you want but the comparison of the two products is night & day. Bambu is for printing. Creality & Prusa are for tinkering.
Bambu is like Apple, with a closed ecosystem that just works. Creality & Prusa are IBM clones or android with open systems and the software & hardware problems that go along with that.

Prusa is WAY behind the curve at this point. At least Creality released the K1 but it still conforms to the same philosophy as above.
It came down to the open sourced Czech company over closed source Chinese company. Im not trying to make a business out of it, I dont mind some work on it but the ender3 was too much

Back
Top Bottom