Dillon 550 3DP Case Feeder

I saw your post on Enos, I refrained from commenting since the 550 case feeder is one of my pet peeves. ;)

Is it attached to the ram the same way the Dillon version is (thin part tucked under the ram)? For me that was the weak point. I actually bent the hell out of that part. Pistol cases wouldn't feed properly and either hit the die off center or the frame of the press. That was metal, I'm not sure how 3D printed will hold up.

I'm not ragging on 3D printing, I just bought an Ender-3 pro and am in the process of making the bullet feeder for my 650.

I saw your post on Enos, I refrained from commenting since the 550 case feeder is one of my pet peeves. ;)

Is it attached to the ram the same way the Dillon version is (thin part tucked under the ram)? For me that was the weak point. I actually bent the hell out of that part. Pistol cases wouldn't feed properly and either hit the die off center or the frame of the press. That was metal, I'm not sure how 3D printed will hold up.

I'm not ragging on 3D printing, I just bought an Ender-3 pro and am in the process of making the bullet feeder for my 650.

Yes, it attaches to the same place the stock feed ramp goes, 2 screws under the ram. I'm not sure how much weight is on the dillon version, but PLA appears plenty robust to support this design, that area is 0.205". Plus the benefit of 3DP, if it only last a year, or you just break it, print another one over night, no big deal. 3DP really changes how you can approach things.

The open bullet feeder is another great project, you should be pleased with it on the 650.

This sort of project is exactly the reason I've got an Ender 3 sitting in a box next to me that showed up yesterday. Am I required to use blue plastics if its for a Dillon? :)

This sort of project is exactly the reason I've got an Ender 3 sitting in a box next to me that showed up yesterday. Am I required to use blue plastics if its for a Dillon? :)

You can get a pass, at one time I was using Hornady Red bins :eek:with a Dillon

Back
Top Bottom