• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3D Printing for Reloading

Out of Battery Firearms

Dealer
NES Member
I want to bring forth a topic I don't recall seeing alot of discussion about.

I've recently got into 3D printing, with the emphasis on reloading. We as reloaders are typically making due with what can find and modify off the shelf. 3DP brings an entire new level to having what you want.

From Powder funnels that are a perfect fit, reloading trays, to bullet feeder, Press parts, holders, organizers....

Thingaverse is good place for designs, but unfortunately alot of the designers have no idea how to make something that prints for everybody, so you get alot of Crap.

I've been learning Fusion 360, this is an amazing software, free for us hobbyist.
Fusion 360 | Free Software for Hobbyists, Startups & Makers | Autodesk

I just want to try and kick start any discussion or sharing of ideas, designs, ect.

If you haven't seen it, the openbulletfeeder project is great.
openBulletFeeder - DIY bullet feeder by AmmoMike83

Here are my published designs, with more to come, just a few select pics below.
Ruebarb's Thingiverse Profile
ee840f849d2ed22ed3bfb20dc7f42905_preview_featured.jpg

eec6c210bb2dc9778a554762e3b851fd_preview_featured.jpg

def59a8f4ae50c6e5f4290599e772b59_preview_featured.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting idea. Certainly a good application for the rapid-prototyping utility of small hobbyist printers, can refine a design over multiple iterations.

Are you finding any issues with crevices or static electricity when printing in PETG & PLA? Specifically, on the powder funnel?
6dcb780ec279d4601f89124b70c5c5a7_preview_featured.jpg

I'd expect the usual ridges from filament printing to make for a funnel that may not flow powder smoothly?

I have an openbulletfeeder from by Karl Bibb on the facebook. He has permission from AmmoMike to make and sell them. He sources the motor, controller, switch, spring, ect, and ships it ready to go other than the Mr Bulletfeeder die which I ordered directly. Its set up on my 650, I have loaded several thousand rounds with it.

Interesting idea. Certainly a good application for the rapid-prototyping utility of small hobbyist printers, can refine a design over multiple iterations.

Are you finding any issues with crevices or static electricity when printing in PETG & PLA? Specifically, on the powder funnel?
6dcb780ec279d4601f89124b70c5c5a7_preview_featured.jpg

I'd expect the usual ridges from filament printing to make for a funnel that may not flow powder smoothly?

I used an anti static coating on the funnel, no issues. I am using stick powder, so it wouldn't be a problem anyway. Printing using a 0.1mm layer, you won't have any rough surface that would collect powder. This is PETG.

Back
Top Bottom