2nd Amendment March on April 19th, 2010

Derek posted this in the gun toting thread but I think it deserves it's own.

The site is here: http://secondamendmentmarch.com

This is for organizing State and National marches in support of the 2A in the spring of 2010.

There is a local meeting next week to discuss MA area involvement.

As per Dereks post.....how many closet sheep will come out and stand?

MA Town Hall
When
Thu, August 27, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Where
Conrad's Restaurant, Norwood, MA (map)
Description
First Town Hall meeting for march. Goals: organize for national march (4/19/2010) and state march (3/2010), plan ways to spread word and raise funds. Need folks to be local coordinators. RSVP to Lynne!

Depending on my wife's health at the time of the nation march, I'm planning on going. I will not be at the meeting on the 27th as I'm moving my daughter in at school that day.

I will be going to the National March in D.C.

Are we going to rent an NES bus? Anyone in charge of organizing an NES trip to D.C. or is it too far away to plan that?

I can't make the 27th, but I'll be watching this thread for more info as well as secondamendmentmarch.com

I also put out some feelers to a couple of friends to see what they think about going down together, but I'd be very interested in a bigger NES group trip too.

I spoke to hubby tonight. We're gonna go to DC. Fitting it's Patriot's Day, and he's planning on wearing his militia duds (the real ones from back in 1775) [wink]

Definitely IN.

Is anyone planning a hotel block?

If we reserved now, we might have a shot at actually getting a hotel within twenty miles. [grin] Or are we camping on the national mall?

I will be going to the National March in D.C.

Are we going to rent an NES bus? Anyone in charge of organizing an NES trip to D.C. or is it too far away to plan that?

I am definitely going. I can't make the 27th meeting because it's my husband's birthday.

As to organizing, I believe that there is someone from the 2nd Amendment Sisters who has been made state coordinator, but for the life of me, I can't remember her name. However, if you go to the official 2A site, her name is listed there.

As to making arrangements, I would urge folks to book their hotels now! Don't wait. If this thing is as big as I think it will be, hotels are going to fill up. And when they begin to fill up, they also raise their rates.

Trust me on this. This is my job. I am a corporate travel consultant and I've been doing it for 25 years.

If people are serious about going, you'd best block your hotel space now. If ten or more rooms are needed for NES'ers you can look into options for blocking space at a discounted rate. But the longer you wait, the higher the rate will be.

If folks want me to contact some properties in the DC area and negotiate a room rate, let me know and let me know what you can afford to pay per night.

As to organizing, I believe that there is someone from the 2nd Amendment Sisters who has been made state coordinator, but for the life of me, I can't remember her name. However, if you go to the official 2A site, her name is listed there.

That's Lynne - not this Lynne. [wink]

If we do a bus down, it's possible that we could do this trip in one day - down and back. I know with finances the way they are with some folks, that might be more doable $$ wise that going for 2 days and having to pay for a hotel/motel. Even discounted rates will be expensive down there.

Do we want to start a poll?

If we do a bus down, it's possible that we could do this trip in one day - down and back. I know with finances the way they are with some folks, that might be more doable $$ wise that going for 2 days and having to pay for a hotel/motel. Even discounted rates will be expensive down there.

Do we want to start a poll?

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'm going to start a new thread for a Poll ONLY. Use this one to discuss it, the other will be for those that are going and to vote on methods.

Back
Top Bottom