• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

223 pricing

watchman

NES Member
What is a good price to pay for 223 right now? With all the low inventory I need realistic price per number.

The question isn't how much you willing to pay, it where can I find some!

Current online prices are 50 cents per round! Is that too much? Not when it sells out so quickly!

Good luck!

Good price is subjective but with 223/556 going for $500 a case on TSUSA when it's actually available, anything less is probably a good price.

If you shoot twice a year then maybe the going rate isn't that bad. If you're stocked to the gills already then probably not so much.

$5.99-7.99 for 20 was the "old price". I guess anything between that and $.50/round now.

I've used this just out of curiosity to keep track of .300 Blackout availabilty. Interesting site that is a meta search tool for ammo vendors. Its called ammoseek.com: Looks like it doesn't list vendors that are sold out thankfully.

Direct link: Best Ammo for Finding Ammunition 2020 - Guns Mags Reloading

Here is what I just saw for .223 pricing.

Attachments

• ammo search.jpg
    ammo search.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
whoa. I have too much, what's a fair price to ask in classifieds? I think I paid roughly $150 for 500 for what I have. Wasn't that the going rate pre-Trump?

From what I've noticed prices have jumped about 10%.

Shit's getting pricey, but it could be worse. Last weekend I paid 50c a round locally for 5.56, wasn't able to find much else.

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Found myself out the other day with an excel spreadsheet looking at reloading cartridges I don't want to reload.

I figure I can pay off a whole hunting ammo setup in about 300 rounds. But is it worth reloading my hunting ammo? I literally only hunt with that rifle.

One could argue custom accuracy and ballistics and shit, but I'll be honest, a box of Nosler suits me fine at the ranges I'm shooting at, hell, I could hit with tula.

I have seen mil spec stuff, well 5.56 as I don't stock actual .223, for a touch under .45 recently. I got a bunch still so I pass and at those prices I would rather shoot 7.62 nato, which was in the .62 range recently.

Unless one is a complete newly awakened gun owner starting from scratch, why is anyone who has owned guns for a few years needing to buy or worse wanting to buy ammo now rather than just adjusting the quantity you shoot and stretching one's supply out?

This situation has been here before ( three or four times since 2010) and many of the same people who have seen it before still get sucked right into buying at peak pricing times.
If someone is such an avid shooter that they are consuming a couple of cases a month in these times, they should have been buying it by the pallet all along when it was half or less the price and every vendor had it.

Now that it's reaching "unobtainium" status is not the time to be having to "stock up" so what ever price you pay is your penance for your procrastination.

It’s going to be very difficult to find any 223/556 at anything less than 50 CPR....

It's gonna be real difficult next year if the democrats win. They are proposing a ban on everything. The tax alone on this ammo could be 50CPR. Buy it now if you can find it. You can always average down if Trump wins. I bought in when Federal had it's rebate program. 28CPR. I still bought in a few weeks ago at .49CPR. Buy it now. It could very well be banned next year.

It's gonna be real difficult next year if the democrats win. They are proposing a ban on everything. The tax alone on this ammo could be 50CPR. Buy it now if you can find it. You can always average down if Trump wins. I bought in when Federal had it's rebate program. 28CPR. I still bought in a few weeks ago at .49CPR. Buy it now. It could very well be banned next year.
I doubt it will be “banned” but if things go the wrong way i can see flippers being the only ones selling it at .60 cpr or more..... Frankly if they banned ammo it’s probably time to start using it....

Running in Claremont, NH. Just bought about 500 rounds crappy Tula .223 at 22.5 CPR. They have bunches of .22 in stock, even quality sstuff and they aren't limiting amounts (yet). They get regular deliveries, so inventory can be low but at least twice a week they have what you want.

Back
Top Bottom