• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10mm

I had a G29 a years ago, it was kind of a do nothing really well gun. I would bet the velocity coming out of it was equal to a 40s&w but with the extra bulk. A Glock 23 would have made more sense as a carry piece, cheaper to shoot too.

Now this, this would be a do a few things really well gun. I think I am going to pick one up sometime soon. Or maybe be a giant internet dick hole and comp a G20, lulz.

I recently sold a g29, I felt the same way. The barrel is just too short to fully utilize the cartridge. I'll probably get another 10mm someday, but more likely a 10mm cz clone or maybe a revolver.

Don't know if I would recommend one but it sure is fun.

10mm AMT Javalina (pic is IAI)

Reasons I would not necessarily recommend one would be:
AMTs history of quality and reliability.
Size 7" long slide
Rare in MA

Fun range toy though.
23958ac968a4f142ecbd29dcdc9f8f0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I've had a dozen or so different ones. At one time I had all of the S&W 10XX guns, but sold them all except a 1076.

The S&W 610 is pretty friggin' awesome.

You reload, right?

Never had a 10mm nor a desire for one.

But for some reason I have developed a bad "jones" for the Ruger SR1911 in 10.

I had a G29 and G40, both Gen 4, I have since sold both and picked up a P220-10 SAO. I miss the G29, and am thinking about picking one up again. I've also been looking at the SR1911 in 10. Love this cartridge.

I got a steal on the classifieds here several years ago on a G29. I had nothing in 10 mm, so was hoping not to like it. Has tritium, fiber optic sights. Took it to the range (pit in ME). Couldn’t part with it. One of those guns. Phenomenal shooter for me.

Had a Parker Arms 10mm 1911 when they first came out. Junk. Unreliable. Sold it and scraped up the money for a Colt Delta Elite stainless. I miss that one. None since then, but kind of thinking about it again. Maybe when I win the lottery....

If I had the funds and wanted to start reloading 10mm, Dan Wesson Bruin would be my pick
IMG_20170226_164019_675.jpg

The new Legion 10mm is amazing, all steel construction, the finest 10mm shooter I own. I have 10mm in Glocks, Colt and Springfield which are all decent pistols but the Sig Legion 220 in 10mm is the best to shoot.

I've a 610 with a 6" barrel would like to replace the 6" with a 4" some day. Bought the Ruger 10 mm and though only 50 rds thru it most comfortable 10 mm auto I have yet to fire.

Rear sight on my ruger just broke in half at the elevation screw . Emailed ruger and was told to call cs with the gun serial number. I have heard there was a problem with some front sights but this was the rear. Installed a Smith and Wesson sight . I left the ruger base and used a s/w target sight . The pivot pin on Smith was smaller then the roll pin ruger uses so I just drilled it out and everything else fitted . Gun is accurate and fun to shoot but did not wait for a replacement sight from ruger . I could not see replacing junk with maybe more junk . About 450 Round count on gun with no other problems other than a few failures to lock the slide back .

Back
Top Bottom