• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

10mm recommendations

Just rent a Glock 20 and a Smith at a range then decide

When I compared a S&W M&P full-sized .45 (and even the Shield .45), recoil was mild for a .45. And the Gen4 Glock in .45 and 10mm has less recoil than the Gen3 .45 (haven't shot a 10mm G3); however, Glocks for me have always "gone bang" and mags are cheap and easy to find for any model (especially compared to S&W, where they change the mag for every version of their guns). The trigger on the Smith's felt better, and softer recoil, but reliability is my main interest.

Well…. Just picked up the 510 today. Hoping to shoot soon and give it a good once over at the range

DARA does holsters for them, both the MRD and Tactical versions, and all of their holsters are made standard with an optics cut.

🐯

May I suggest a G20 3rd Gen. I think you will be better served with a Gen3 over the changes made to Gen 4 and 5 in a 10mm also you may save a few dollars. I would stay away from a 1911 in 10mm. They can be problematic unless you find a good combination of magazines and recoil springs. The Glocks just love 10mm and just run run run without any problems.

I have a Sig 1911 in 10mm and it runs fine. It came with 4 magazines that work fine. The only issue I have is that it throws empties so far that I can't find them all. I tried a 28 pound spring and a call to Sig was no help. Maybe a long slide would be better.

Picked up the Glock 40 about two weeks ago. Very happy with the purchase. On the larger side but that soaks up recoil, but I have not
shot any hothouse 10mm yet. Check out the Glock 40. I did look at the FN. Glock a little more cost effective, especially with magazines.

IMG_0614.jpg

I have a Sig 1911 in 10mm and it runs fine. It came with 4 magazines that work fine. The only issue I have is that it throws empties so far that I can't find them all. I tried a 28 pound spring and a call to Sig was no help. Maybe a long slide would be better.

My 10mm Kimber LS throws the casings 27 ft so i think it is the nature of a super stiff main spring required to manage the high pressures and the heavy slide. The bonus is you feel smoother recoil .

I'd love to shoot a long slide to see if the longer barrel and slide slows things down enough to stop throwing empties into the next county.
That’s part of the appeal?
I have a G20 that’s comparatively well behaved when you consider the Kimber sends brass 30 feet up and to my 6 O’Clock consistently. Great shooter but jeezy creezy does it ever identify as a PTR 91.

Back
Top Bottom