10mm recommendations

is there anybody here who owns recently made 10mm tangfolios?
i have seen various posts about them on other forums, some seem to like, some seem to hate them badly - compared to shadow CZs.
could anyone here elaborate, from the personal experience with them?
Paul, while there is little off-the-shelf stuff that compares to the CZ shadow/shadow 2 9mm line (particularly the accushadow or CGW tuned CZ's), the Tanfo Defiant Stock line in 10mm (also comes in 9mm) is pretty decent. The trigger is not a Shadow 2 trigger but you can do some work on it (I think Patriot Defense has the parts). It is a beautiful pistol and very accurate. There are other 10mm guns out there that probably have better triggers such as the DW Kodiak/Bruin, but that's just inherent in the 1911 platform. But compared to Glock and all the other tupperware stuff, I will take a hammer fired 10mm any day. And I have plenty of both types of 10mm's.

Defiant_Stock_Master__44380.jpg

Last edited:
Paul, while there is little off-the-shelf stuff that compares to the CZ shadow/shadow 2 9mm line (particularly the accushadow or CGW tuned CZ's), the Tanfo Defiant Stock line in 10mm (also comes in 9mm) is pretty decent. The trigger is not a Shadow 2 trigger but you can do some work on it (I think Patriot Defense has the parts). It is a beautiful pistol and very accurate. There are other 10mm guns out there that probably have better triggers such as the DW Kodiak/Bruin, but that's just inherent in the 1911 platform. But compared to Glock and all the other tupperware stuff, I will take a hammer fired 10mm any day. And I have plenty of both types of 10mm's.

View attachment 806815
i keep going back and forth between longer barrel tangfolio or g20 and i feel now they gonna do this stupid bill and i will be out for either.
and NOT, i do not want to buy both :)

i keep going back and forth between longer barrel tangfolio or g20 and i feel now they gonna do this stupid bill and i will be out for either.
I think the G20 will be a better choice ultimately. Cheaper, easier to get parts/mags/holsters for.

The tangfolio is a bit more esoteric and under the circumstances the g20 is a good compromise

If youd like to try a g20 (its like any glock really, but does shoot well imo) let me know

G20 and tanfo are very different. G20 is a utilitarian gun that serves its purpose well. But it still just a Glock. Tanfo is closer to a CZ shadow. I sold my G20. It was fine for what it was.

I think the G20 will be a better choice ultimately. Cheaper, easier to get parts/mags/holsters for.

The tangfolio is a bit more esoteric and under the circumstances the g20 is a good compromise
my problem is that i like both CZs and glocks. :)

will try to make up my mid soon.

If youd like to try a g20 (its like any glock really, but does shoot well imo) let me know
Same.
Maybe if enough of us offer @paul73 will make it to the range again one day ;)

my problem is that i like both CZs and glocks. :)

will try to make up my mid soon.
If you'll only let yourself get the one, I'd guess you'll prefer the Tanfo. The Glock is great if you're carrying it in the woods (see @Mountain's comments) or otherwise beating on it, but we both know the experience of shooting a CZ (even if the clone isn't 100%) will be more enjoyable.

And you'll get to say you have the one that's more rare...

Same.
Maybe if enough of us offer @paul73 will make it to the range again one day ;)

If you'll only let yourself get the one, I'd guess you'll prefer the Tanfo. The Glock is great if you're carrying it in the woods (see @Mountain's comments) or otherwise beating on it, but we both know the experience of shooting a CZ (even if the clone isn't 100%) will be more enjoyable.

And you'll get to say you have the one that's more rare...
To be honest I lean more toward tanfo, but, it’s more hassle to source a good specimen

Optics ready too.

i was actually considering this one, as i want a 6" barrel. but, still too undecided. a bit expensive for what it is for a toy. and i have no way to try it.
plus SA only and no way to have DA on it, and i like to have DA capability on such guns. the only DA model they still make, i think, has a short barrel option only.

i was actually considering this one, as i want a 6" barrel. but, still too undecided. a bit expensive for what it is for a toy. and i have no way to try it.
plus SA only and no way to have DA on it, and i like to have DA capability on such guns. the only DA model they still make, i think, has a short barrel option only.

Yeah, you need money to burn for this stuff though IMO anything between $1000-$2000 is no longer crazy money to spend for a *somewhat* higher end pistol. Heck, the Nighthawks and Staccatos and other high end 1911's are $4K now. I have a Defiant Stock Master 10mm and love it. Would love it if CZ would make a shadow 2 in 10mm. If you really want to burn money for a 6", get a DW Kodiak. They are like $2700 but SAO of course since it is a 1911. I have tried most 10s and it's hard to find a DA/SA 10mm with a decent trigger. I love the handling and feel of the old S&W 3rd gens but the triggers are not good. The Tanfo is the best I've found so far. Personally I am fine with SAO if that's the model that otherwise fits the bill. The CZ TSO (9mm) is an exceptional SAO. If it's a range toy, then I don't consider it a big deal to have SAO.

Yeah, you need money to burn for this stuff though IMO anything between $1000-$2000 is no longer crazy money to spend for a *somewhat* higher end pistol. Heck, the Nighthawks and Staccatos and other high end 1911's are $4K now. I have a Defiant Stock Master 10mm and love it. Would love it if CZ would make a shadow 2 in 10mm. If you really want to burn money for a 6", get a DW Kodiak. They are like $2700 but SAO of course since it is a 1911. I have tried most 10s and it's hard to find a DA/SA 10mm with a decent trigger. I love the handling and feel of the old S&W 3rd gens but the triggers are not good. The Tanfo is the best I've found so far. Personally I am fine with SAO if that's the model that otherwise fits the bill. The CZ TSO (9mm) is an exceptional SAO. If it's a range toy, then I don't consider it a big deal to have SAO.
$2700 is not what i want to spend at all, nope, too much. a $1500-$1700, well, ok-ish. need to think it over and pay off current bills first.

have a ported glock 20 and a ruger 1911 10 mm, love both, would love to find a 10 m/ 40 S&W conversion ruger blackhawk in this shit state [hint, hint]

Two different types of guns imho

I always wondered why Glock has the long slide G40, the full size G20, then they skip a normal compact to offer the subcompact G29.

Back
Top Bottom