10mm recommendations

Nice! Been thinking of a long slide for some time now.

Don't think ..... Just "DO" ! Wasnt sure if i would notice a lot of difference shooting a LS but now after about 1K rounds through my Kimber ive realized that its a very smooth shooter (recoil). 10mm is no joke and it packs some serious downrange energy smacking heavy steel gongs. The longer sight radius helps me with slightly better shot consistency . The downside is the LS is a bit more muzzle heavy vs a standard 5" .

Hard to beat a Glock for utilitarian use, sure there are nicer guns out there, but a Glock is reasonably priced, known for reliability, plenty of holsters for it, you'll never have to worry about magazines being made out of unobtanium, and when the Supreme Court rules magazine capacity bans illegal you can step up into hi caps

And it is ugly, has a terrible trigger, and accuracy is meh

Smith and Wesson 610!
I was just thinking that with all the stuff I read about S&W quality control how I should test them and see if it's true, but couldn't think of any revolvers that S&W makes that I want, but the 610 is probably the only one I could think of and outside of Glock there's so few 10mm's that are really worth a grand.

And it is ugly, has a terrible trigger, and accuracy is meh
Accuracy is as good as the person pulling the trigger can manage. [devil] Seriously, it's fine.

But yeah- it's a Glock. Ugly and terrible trigger are to be assumed. I've mentioned this before: Glock trigger feel is like accidentally stepping on a mouse with your bare foot. Squishy with increasing resistance until you finally reach the crunch and pop stage.

My Delta Elite has a spring kit and some other drop in custom bits such as the hammer, etc. It has an outstanding trigger and has been 100% reliable. I would not hesitate to carry it as a woods gun for a couple days but it is not something I'd like to carry for a week in all weather conditions with constant exposure to dust and the possibility of hitting the dirt or mud if I take a fall. Such conditions are to be avoided for such a fine piece of machinery. Glocks are utilitarian and well matched to such an environment. I think there's a strong argument that under such conditions the Glock 10mm will be more reliable and bring more firepower than one of the monster bore revolvers.

The Glock g20 is a really nice one. Surprisingly light weight and carriable considering how powerful it is. I have read some complaints about the gen5 dlc finish not holding up as well as older ones, as well as jamming issues. I have not experienced a single issue personally. Excellent ergonomics and trigger.

Glock there is nothing better in 10mm. Reliability is never questioned. The only recommendation I can make other then a Glock is one of the old S&W 3rd. Gen. Pistols if you can find one.

EAA Witness Pro Hunter.

Long-Slide-Pistols-EAA.png

Is that 7"? What's the spring weight?

Yes, 7". Sorry I do not know the spring weight. IT is the 10mm version of their 45 Hardballer that came in 5" and 7". Most notable from the 1st Terminator movie. I was looking for a Hardballer 7" when I stumbled across this one at Collectors Coin.

Still looking for a 7" 45 and II 6"(.22WM) to fill out the collection. (44 AMP, IV, III, Javalina 7") prices and locating them make it difficult. Also AMTs tend to be a crap shoot for functioning. Right now only the III, and Javalina will run a mag w/o a problem. IV needs hand loaded ball ammo in 45wm the spft point is ramming into the mag lip and at $300 a mag these days molding the mag is a last option. The 44AMP stovepiping with 180 grain. Will try the 220 grain on the next outing.

is there anybody here who owns recently made 10mm tangfolios?
i have seen various posts about them on other forums, some seem to like, some seem to hate them badly - compared to shadow CZs.
could anyone here elaborate, from the personal experience with them?

is there anybody here who owns recently made 10mm tangfolios?
i have seen various posts about them on other forums, some seem to like, some seem to hate them badly - compared to shadow CZs.
could anyone here elaborate, from the personal experience with them?

I've got an old elite limited in 10mm. It's one of my favorite guns. Amazing SAO trigger, and the ergonomics are top notch.

OP, I'm not sure if you're in MA or not, but you can find 10mm online pretty cheap. I just ordered 1000 rounds of Blazer shipped to my door for $390.

Back
Top Bottom