Zootshooters new association forming

Knob Creek

NES Member
American Zoot Shooters Association

OK whose up for a new gangster game:

From the Brian Enos forum:

American Zoot Shooters Association
American Zoot Shooters Association is bringing back the Roaring Twenties! AZSA is a multi-gun sport in which participants dress in 1920s costumes and compete against the clock engaging targets for the best possible score. Zoot Shooters must use firearms that are correct for the time surrounding Prohibition. Costumes may be of any character type reflecting the era (i.e. gangster, law enforcement, flapper, bootlegger, politician, etc.).

The predominant AZSA guns are Thompsons and 1911 pistols but other firearms may be considered. Though many shooters may already own a 1911 type pistol, most probably do not own a Thompson sub-machine gun. Fortunately, Kahr/Auto-Ordnance is reproducing high quality semi-automatic Tommy Guns that do not require special permits. If you are lucky (or wealthy) enough to own a legally registered, full-auto Tommy by all means use it providing the host range will allow it!

The competitions have multiple stages referred to as Capers. Each Caper has a specific course of direction in which the shooter must safely engage targets in the quickest amount of time. Capers may reflect a moment in history, a scene from a movie or part of a story that gives a feeling of going back to a time when gangsters made Tommy Guns roar! Most importantly participants must be safe, maintain good sportsmanship and have fun.

American Zoot Shooters Association invites anyone from all walks of life to come out and enjoy our sport. Many fascinating aspects of American history took place during the 1920s and 1930s. If you like guns, gangster movies, Jazz music, antique cars, swing dancing, murder mystery parties or having fun, then AZSA is for you! Everyone is encouraged to use their imagination and get involved.

American Zoot Shooters Association’s founders are not historians; please excuse any historical inaccuracies. Furthermore, AZSA does not condone criminals and gangsters or their activities. Shooting is a potentially dangerous sport and must be treated as such. All shooters must be instructed in safe gun handling before they are permitted to participate in an AZSA competition. Zoot Shooters is not affiliated with Kahr/Auto-Ordnance (yet).

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75991&hl=

Video:

http://www.eeul.com/mb/2008/12/there-is-a-shooting-sport-for-everyone/

Last edited:
Can you say Cowboy Action Shooting?[laugh] Cool as cowboys may be, they don't get to shoot semi-autos or wear silk suits and spats.

Or speak like Edward G. Robinson:

"Yeah rabbit.....I'm gonna rub ya out, see.........OUT. Yeaaaaahhhhhhh...."

bugrock.jpg

I'd go and buy a Tommy Gun just so I could walk around "the joint" and do my "Mugsy" impression. [wink]

Still no 1911 for me though, no way.

bugrock.jpg

I'd go and buy a Tommy Gun just so I could walk around "the joint" and do my "Mugsy" impression. [wink]

Are we gonna rub him out George? Are we, huh?

bugrock.jpg

Or get that BAR and go for the Clyde Barrows look.

This I gotta see. H&K wasn't even founded yet, so no help there. Do you have a Luger? Of course, then you'll have to find an MP18 to go with it.

Looks like a ton of fun and something my girlfriend will hold over my head for a long time if I ever tried it.

Oh man, this looks like it might be a BLAST. Dress-up and jazz-age and pure fun. heheheh. *wonders just how likely it would be to get a small group going at Harvard for this*

This would be an awesome excuse for me to justify to the G/F and the guy signing off on the tax stamp, me getting a full auto thompson [smile]
hmm, I wonder how much an appropriately sized violin case would go for on ebay [wink]

I’d like to watch an action shooting event that incorporated an automatic sub-gun or BAR, but I think it would be really cost prohibitive. It would be interesting to see shooters competing, in period dress and shooting real power factor ammo, but I don’t think I could play dress up or role play.

As a spectator I'd be willing to pay to watch a match.

Respectfully,
jkelly

I don't get their rule to carry single action autos decocked. WTF?

Me? I'd go old school with a pair of S&W M&Ps.

I don't get their rule to carry single action autos decocked. WTF?

Me? I'd go old school with a pair of S&W M&Ps.

Because shoulder holsters are typically used for this event. The practice of drawing a loaded pistol from a shoulder holster with a round in the chamber is deemed unsafe with spectators behind the shooter. The pistol is drawn and then the slide racked to chamber a round.
Revolvers are not be carried in shoulder holsters for the same safety reason.

Because shoulder holsters are typically used for this event. The practice of drawing a loaded pistol from a shoulder holster with a round in the chamber is deemed unsafe with spectators behind the shooter. The pistol is drawn and then the slide racked to chamber a round.
Revolvers are not be carried in shoulder holsters for the same safety reason.

So if you don't use a shoulder holster you can go cocked and locked?

Back
Top Bottom