New rifle help.

so I don’t know where to post this, but I recently just got a smith and Wesson sport 2 and I’m putting a magpul barrel guard(carbine length) on.
The question is can I put an offset sight on the magpul barrel or should I return the sights?
Thank you
Pictures of sights and my gun(before magpul hand guard)

Attachments

• A524E39C-C971-4137-8070-48851BD87E69.png
    A524E39C-C971-4137-8070-48851BD87E69.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 71
  • 9C9A71CC-B374-498B-A330-EC5F44B9B239.jpeg
    9C9A71CC-B374-498B-A330-EC5F44B9B239.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 69
I think you might need to get an m-lock picatinny rail on first for those sights.. doesn't look like the magpul handguard has an integrated pic-rail.
mag424_blk_1_1.png

Why don't you post pictures of the actual handguard you are trying to mount the sights to? Or post a link to it,

so I don’t know where to post this, but I recently just got a smith and Wesson sport 2 and I’m putting a magpul barrel guard(carbine length) on.
The question is can I put an offset sight on the magpul barrel or should I return the sights?
Thank you
Pictures of sights and my gun(before magpul hand guard)
If the “barrel guard” had. Pic rail on top , you just mount them to the pic tail. If your going yo keep the current rear sight you need to mount your 45 offset forward of that sight ?
I will have to ask , why the 45 offset?

I hist grabbed this quick , long winded so go to 8min mark

View: https://youtu.be/YYQIEtbZGiM

Last edited:
If the “barrel guard” had. Pic rail on top , you just mount them to the pic tail. If your going yo keep the current rear sight you need to mount your 45 offset forward of that sight ?

I hist grabbed this quick , long winded so go to 8min mark

View: https://youtu.be/YYQIEtbZGiM

I think you might need to get an m-lock picatinny rail on first for those sights.. doesn't look like the magpul handguard has an integrated pic-rail.
mag424_blk_1_1.png
Sorry yes this is the handguard I am installing onto the rifle.

the reason being behind the 45 offset, I just purchased this and looking for the back up sights on the 45 degree.

Attachments

• 30AF0F77-7814-4E04-B0D6-D966AD6F9863.jpeg
    30AF0F77-7814-4E04-B0D6-D966AD6F9863.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 12

I got a buddy with the 45 deg offset.. just likes it..

Dang. That rifle looks pretty nice as is in the "before" picture. I'd just leave it alone, and return all the extra stuff. Use that money on ammunition and targets, and/or a class.

yeah.. that is a cool retro looking rifle

Sorry yes this is the handguard I am installing onto the rifle.

yes.. you'll need to get a pic-rail package

and you don't necessarily need 45 offset with an optic. I have MBUS where they look thru the optic.

I got a buddy with the 45 deg offset.. just likes it..

yes.. you'll need to get a pic-rail package

and you don't necessarily need 45 offset with an optic. I have MBUS where they look thru the optic.
Ohh, okay, so maybe I could just get away with the mbus sight on the rear?

Ohh, okay, so maybe I could just get away with the mbus sight on the rear?

maybe.. you have that fixed front sight to deal with. I have MBUS on front and rear that I keep folded down.. If my red-dot dies, I flip them up and line up thru the scope glass. When the dot is on, it lines up exactly with the MBUS so if one is zeroed, both are.

nathan fillion castle GIF

Let's calibrate the NES definition of "retro..."

well
nathan fillion castle GIF

Let's calibrate the NES definition of "retro..."

well.. sorta.. LOL [rofl] classic handguard and front sight, but no carry handle and modern stock.. it's like the old Johnny Cash song..One Piece at a Time..

oh.. and did I mention I was born in 2007 so those came out before I was born... so yeah.. retro.. Just kidding.. LOL

Last edited:
well

well.. sorta.. LOL [rofl] classic handguard and front sight, but no carry handle and modern stock.. it's like the old Johnny Cash song..One Piece at a Time..
It’s just the M&P Sport 2 😅 I got what I could get, I live in a state where they hate guns so this was the best option for the price

Just put a mlok handguard, a folding rear sight that will cowitness with your aimpoint and your front sight. Or change your a2 front sight for a gas block and use whatever other combo you want.

well

oh.. and did I mention I was born in 2007 so those came out before I was born... so yeah.. retro.. Just kidding.. LOL
Eh like a M4 sorta kinda and pushing what 30 years old on the M4 so yeah can be retro for some.
I mean shit theres great grandfathers out there that remember the good old AR in A1 slab side format. Thats like Antique !

so, just put my aimpoint optic on, and I’m getting the guard tomorrow I’ll post an update tomorrow when I have it all finished, the rear MBUS sight still has a view of the front post sight through the optic so I may end up keeping the rear mbus.
Appreciate y’all’s responses

Attachments

• 77B47FCA-EA3E-44D6-81B3-6338B6D4BC33.jpeg
    77B47FCA-EA3E-44D6-81B3-6338B6D4BC33.jpeg
    980.2 KB · Views: 20
so, just put my aimpoint optic on, and I’m getting the guard tomorrow I’ll post an update tomorrow when I have it all finished, the rear MBUS sight still has a view of the front post sight through the optic so I may end up keeping the rear mbus.
Appreciate y’all’s responses
The rear buis looks like it will hit the dot when flipped up. Might want to move it forward (the dot)

the reason being behind the 45 offset, I just purchased this and looking for the back up sights on the 45 degree.
Woah… no need for 45 degree irons.

The only reason for 45 degree irons is IF you have a magnified optic > 1x on its lowest power so that you can’t really co witnesses the irons and the optic.

The set up with the buis in line with the aimpoint is fine (but see my comment above about moving it forward due to your pic).

Woah… no need for 45 degree irons.

The only reason for 45 degree irons is IF you have a magnified optic > 1x on its lowest power so that you can’t really co witnesses the irons and the optic.

The set up with the buis in line with the aimpoint is fine (but see my comment above about moving it forward due to your pic).
Yeah once it’s flipped up it doesn’t hit, I made sure it doesn’t hit,” I adjusted the optic to be as close as possible to the rear without moving the MBUS sight, while it was up.

Yeah once it’s flipped up it doesn’t hit, I made sure it doesn’t hit,” I adjusted the optic to be as close as possible to the rear without moving the MBUS sight, while it was up.
It looked like it would hit. Ahh. I see the pivot point now. Gotcha.

I still prefer my dots a bit more forward. This is a cropped pic of two of my rifles with buis installed and the optic (same aimpoints) a bit more forward.

97577363-9617-4DDC-8FA8-CD847AE23353.png

Nope she fits great, nice and tight look 😏

You're gonna get a much better sight picture with that optic as far forward on the upper as you can get it. Less parallax and more peripheral vision. The point of using an optic like that is so you can have both eyes open, and if its close to your face it doesn't work right.

Nope she fits great, nice and tight look 😏

You're gonna get a much better sight picture with that optic as far forward on the upper as you can get it. Less parallax and more peripheral vision. The point of using an optic like that is so you can have both eyes open, and if it’s close to your face it doesn't work right.

This^

Why I mentioned it…

You're gonna get a much better sight picture with that optic as far forward on the upper as you can get it. Less parallax and more peripheral vision. The point of using an optic like that is so you can have both eyes open, and if its close to your face it doesn't work right.
Hmm, I’ll take this into consideration, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom