• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zombie load out- what would you take?

Petty much. We should hang out in real life sometime, because I'm pretty sure you can kick my ass, but I still have no verbal filter.

We should, but I drinker, not a fighter, and filters are for pools. Sounds like a party! [thumbsup]

L%26H-west-wide.jpg

Heh, me too. [laugh]

I have found the ultimate in zombie prep while talking to my friends. First for gear you need one of those shark suits so they can't bite you making it a really care free attitude. Second you will need an old school 1950's diver helmet this is good for them not being able to bite you and you can head but the shit out of anything that gets close. Third you need a cricket club based upon Shaun of the dead this is a must. Fourth you will need an ice cream truck or a mail truck just anything that anyone else alive will see driving around and say "well I guess I am not F'ing with that crazy A-hole". And last you need friends because this just wont be believable or conveyable unless it is seen(if all of your friends fell victim to the second thing you'll need than a camera must be attached to the helmet). That concludes how to survive the zombie apocolypse.

Since I primarily Live in MA and I am not old enough to purchase a gun I would use my titanium crowbar (yes I have one don't ask why) and I would load up supplies with my EMS backpack. But if I was able to the gun I wanted for all uses and easy maintenance for a novice like me I would get a ruger gunsite scout rifle because of its light weight and with 250 rounds of .308 and as a sidearm A kel-tec PMR-30 with 300 rounds of ammo. BTW do you guys think that match ammo would be worse on zombies because they aren't made for expansion apon upon entry?

Last edited:
In the fun spirit of Zombies. I got to thinking what would I grab from my house if I was forced to leave on foot and venture out into a world without rule of law. Just a fun thread for people to post up pics of what they would take with them and why. ( These things could also be used in real life, just replace the word "zombie" with "nature disaster" and you'll feel less childish.)

I decided to take my existing B.O.B. and take out some items to really help cut down on weight. My entire load out weighs only 29 pounds, that's guns,ammo, pack.. everything. Being able to move quickly and run away from a horde of threats is a must have in my mind. Also lugging around a heavy pack all day sucks.

Starting with the contents of my bag: For supplies it has things like bandages, water purification, some food, fire starting materials, hatchet, flashlights, ammo, weather blanket etc.
For ammo I didn't want to go to overboard, I also have limited space. I have 4 x30 round AR mag. And 1x 30 round box of .556. For my side are 2x15rnd ,one 1x33rnd mags and 100 rounds of hallow points.
On my person Ill be carrying just two guns. It does pain me to leave all the other family members in the safe but decisions must be made. For guns I picked my AR-15 with red dot and A2 stock for crushing skulls when I’m out of ammo. G19 for a side arm with a 17 round mag. Clothing I guess would depend on time of year, boots, layered clothing and a water proof outer layer. I have a camel back I might throw on my chest as well.

View attachment 30228View attachment 30229

Again this is just for fun-

Also found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aMcVsjrNg. the last 30 minutes is the best. They do ballistics tests with 223,9,22.,12g.

So, what happens when you fall and break your scope? How will you aim?

I must be getting old. I took one look at this and said, "What the hell is the stuff on that pallet?"

Pressed paperboard packaging materials for something. Wasn't the first thing that I noticed, but yeah, my brain went there too.

In no particular order:
Twinkies ( they last forever)
Mountain dew
Backpack sprayer filled with gas
Road flares
Old school hockey mask
One of these
c6e4e132-85d8-7816.jpg

I want an official Red Ryder, carbine action, 200 shot, range model air rifle.

I'll shoot all their eyes out.

lmao, for my first BOB attempt back in the day, i figured that a couple of those "tuna bags" would be a good addition.

I think we've all had our mistakes there. The big question is were you ever able to get the smell out of the bag or did you use that as an excuse to upgrade?

Back
Top Bottom