Zombie load out- what would you take?

In the fun spirit of Zombies. I got to thinking what would I grab from my house if I was forced to leave on foot and venture out into a world without rule of law. Just a fun thread for people to post up pics of what they would take with them and why. ( These things could also be used in real life, just replace the word "zombie" with "nature disaster" and you'll feel less childish.)

I decided to take my existing B.O.B. and take out some items to really help cut down on weight. My entire load out weighs only 29 pounds, that's guns,ammo, pack.. everything. Being able to move quickly and run away from a horde of threats is a must have in my mind. Also lugging around a heavy pack all day sucks.

Starting with the contents of my bag: For supplies it has things like bandages, water purification, some food, fire starting materials, hatchet, flashlights, ammo, weather blanket etc.
For ammo I didn't want to go to overboard, I also have limited space. I have 4 x30 round AR mag. And 1x 30 round box of .556. For my side are 2x15rnd ,one 1x33rnd mags and 100 rounds of hallow points.
On my person Ill be carrying just two guns. It does pain me to leave all the other family members in the safe but decisions must be made. For guns I picked my AR-15 with red dot and A2 stock for crushing skulls when I’m out of ammo. G19 for a side arm with a 17 round mag. Clothing I guess would depend on time of year, boots, layered clothing and a water proof outer layer. I have a camel back I might throw on my chest as well.

photo(1).JPGphoto(2).JPG

Again this is just for fun-

Also found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3aMcVsjrNg. the last 30 minutes is the best. They do ballistics tests with 223,9,22.,12g.

Last edited:
1 7.62x39 (and 10 30 round mags), 1 12ga pump shotgun. 4 bandoleers with 12 ga magnum slug. An AR-15 strategically hidden in the woods as a backup. A G17 with 3 17 round magazines. A spam can key so I can replenish ammo when I need. 2 cartons of Newports and a 1/5 of Jack Daniels. Let it rip! Anything else is just baggage.

I've played left 4 dead enough to know there will be plenty of things lying around to kill the zombie horde with that I won't need to load out anything
Well said sir, im sure those 300+ hours with that game will come in handy one day. Keep your eyes open for tanks and smokers though

Ar in hand, id keep a sawed off 12ga strapped to my pack, and pistol for side arm. my pack will consist of one extra outfit, food, water, medical supplies, DUCT TAPE, a knife, fire starting materials and a good pair of gloves and after that as much ammo as possible because guns ae no good without bullets.

Any body a Resident Evil fan? Im talking ps1, old school, Resident evil 1.

Last edited:
Ill keep it simple and just mention weapons, ill bring my 870 for close range knock down power, sks with scope for long range and a wasr 10 for close range assault, also a heavy duty machete for when I'm out of ammo.

shotgun for extreme close range. Ar for little further and my m44 to reach out and touch them from a far then my m&p9 for a sidearm. Couple mre's, a wool blanket my nes firestarter and zippo.

My load out would be based on zombies of the more stupid nature because if there fast and can climb, im not sure i want to servive.

But my load out at first would be heavy consisting of Guns, ammo, general supplies, generator, gas, rope, and tools all in a heavy truck, I would then choose a location and clear it out, preferbly an airport, its alredy fenced in and has a good ammount of land and machinery to work with, after words a light load out of a machete, a pistol, riffle, ammo, and water for scavenging any thing else i would need.

For weapons I think I'd go with the following.

AR for range work.
My OU shotty, only one I have, for close work. 870 is on the short list.
My Sig 226 for a side arm.
I'm torn between my short sword or the bad ass ax for when bullets get scarce. I think the sword since I have a sheath for it.
I might also carry my MrkIII hunter for small game and head shorts. Wife is good with it to.

Luna bars
Camelback loaded with tequila
Birthday party hat
Aerodynamic spandex bicycle shorts
lwrc m6 and a chest rig of stanag mags
p229
French rapier sword (Duels, there's always duels)

Fast zombies or slow zombies? And why am I leaving my ammo dump?

If it is slow zombies, we are staying home, stringing up some chicken wire and a turnstile and practicing marksmanship from the porch.

If it is fast zombies we'll want reinforcements. The truck will be converted to a technical, the trailer loaded up, and we'll be off to find compatriots. Or a tank. [devil]

Luna bars
Camelback loaded with tequila
Birthday party hat
Aerodynamic spandex bicycle shorts
lwrc m6 and a chest rig of stanag mags
p229
French rapier sword (Duels, there's always duels)

Close, but need to include a dual-beer hat, an 870 and several hundred rounds of dragon breath rounds. And you must have an NES Zombie Response Team t-shirt. They avoid you if they see that.

I'm thinking you won't have to worry about the 10 round mag law if zombies are in the streets. I'm thinking the cops will be worried about so much more things. Although you live in MA so Martha will still arrest people in violation of the 10 round max instead of worrying about the real problems. ie:Zombies

Martha will have you arrested for shooting zombies, charge people with mayhem and mutilation of a corpse.

How about smoking a Newport while chewing on some Tactical Bacon?

CMMG-Tactical-Bacon1325-3173.jpg

Back
Top Bottom