Zero Hour Arms

FWIW, there are posts in this and other threads stating that they don't give out price information over the phone. In fact, they are often so busy that they can't even answer it. You're best bet would be to take a ride over there.

They gave me price information (and an accurate description of its condition) about a Glock over the phone. As a result, I went in the next morning and bought it. If they had given me the "I can't tell you the price, come on down and see it" response, I would have never gone in.

And since then, I have visited many more times. I love walking into that shop to see the inventory. The people working there, and the customers, are excellent too.

The place is like a museum. I love going in there and pouring over the inventory. I don't go there much on purpose because no joke I'm afraid to drop bank.

I just wanted to give a shout out for this great store. Jim did an awsome job answering all of my questions and gave me a sick deal on a H&K usp 40 compact. Its a good feeling when you make it out to a store and they have everything you would ever want in stock. The best part was being able to touch any gun you wanted without being pressured into buying it. Thanks again guys.

I went to ZHA on a whim today....

walked out with an 870 tactical w/ SF foreend.

The salesman (Jim? not the owner, I know that, but didn't catch his name) was pretty damn persuasive....even offered to take a dollar off of any gun I bought, if I bought it, just so he would have something to do other than watch CSI.....apparently today was a slow day.

Great experience!

The salesman (Jim? not the owner, I know that, but didn't catch his name) was pretty damn persuasive....even offered to take a dollar off of any gun I bought, if I bought it, just so he would have something to do other than watch CSI.....apparently today was a slow day.

Great experience!

Sound like marc

I haven't been to Zero Hour in almost a year now. Nothing against them, I heard this rumor that gun shops in general were swamped with customers, paying ridiculous prices and with lines of people stacked up waiting for paperwork for new purchases.

I haven't been there since. Maybe it's safe for somebody shy like me to come out of the woodwork again. Is the RUSH over??? I was pretty stocked up before the Obama Bump in gun sales and I wasn't going to fight a crowd of adrenaline charged buyers trying to beat the ban. *grin*

Great experience!

Jim is the owner with the thick goatee, Marc the manager is the big bald guy and is out for the week. So If it wasn't Jim then it was either Steve who looks like "Bobby" from King of the Hill or Rob who usually wears a baseball cap.

Jim is the owner with the thick goatee, Marc the manager is the big bald guy and is out for the week. So If it wasn't Jim then it was either Steve who looks like "Bobby" from King of the Hill or Rob who usually wears a baseball cap.

Ah. Well, it wasn't Jim or Marc then. And I don't think he was wearing a ball cap, so I'm gunna say Steve.

Nice guy, even if I don't know his name.

Fully stocked again

I've stopped into ZHA about 3 times in the last week and a half just to look around. Their handgun supply is now fully stocked.
AR's, AK's, a Steyr AUG, and MSAR STG 556 floating around. Lots of interesting and tempting items. I chatted with Robbie and Doug for a bit... friendly staff.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was very close to dropping the credit card on a WWII commemorative Colt 1911 they had last time I was there. [STRIKE] Fear of never-ending debt[/STRIKE]... my better judgement took over. [smile]

Nice guys there as always.

I was very close to dropping the credit card on a WWII commemorative Colt 1911 they had last time I was there. [STRIKE] Fear of never-ending debt[/STRIKE]... my better judgement took over. [smile]

Nice guys there as always.

You'd be better off using that money to buy an airline ticket to Ireland...

[smile]

In the Spring guys... I'm going to see her in the Spring! Yes I'm already saving for a round trip ticket and spending money. In the meantime she is trying to sell her house. So over the next few months we'll be discussing things. She's expressed an interest in possibly moving here. Rest assured I will post what happens. [grin]

Yes, he must have done it quickly, because it was gone in a day or two!

Nice score! [wink]

The good stuff never lasts more than a day... sometimes less than a few hours... at ZHA.

If you see something you like there... BUY IT... for it will most likely be gone the second you leave [grin]

I just might have to swing by this evening, it is on my way home sort of [smile], I try to swing by once every other week.

I picked up a mint cz75D compact last month. He handed it to me once he was done putting the price tag on it....I never gave it back to him [smile]. Great service as usual. They are far away for me but I am never disappointed when I am there. Worth the trip, I will be back again.

/John

Great shop, puts other local Mass Shop's to shame regarding inventory, best I've seen around. No junk. Everything that is used looks like new. I will say they are pricey, but you can't find that kind of stuff in any other Mass Shop that I've been too, so your going to pay the "ransom Fee" for those items whether it be from a private listing in the classifieds on here or at ZHA. I'd rather deal in a shop than in a WalMart parking lot with FA10 Form in the dark with a stranger. Nice guys that work there when you visit, but I will say that if you call them with a question about their inventory, I've got the feeling that I'm bothering them with a slight attitude coming from the guy on the phone. Your better off going there instead and they will treat you right. Their pistol display case will make you feel fuzzy inside and if you are an impulse buyer, then don't say that you were not warned!!!! It's kind of like going to a Rhode Island shop regarding inventory, except you can actually buy that elusive piece you have been wanting. Bye Bye grocery money if ya know what I mean. If your married just be prepared to be sleeping on the couch for the week, lol.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the FN FAL a week and a half ago they had up on the ceiling. Shot a sub 1" group at 100yds at HSC the following Sunday using Australian M80 ball ammo. Fantastic rifle, as per usual with any FN FAL. Great service from Marc, as per usual also.

I just want to say that we always try to do our best on the phone. I apologize if you had a bad experience on the phone with us. Many times when people call we have customers in the store that are waiting for our assistance. Though I don't know what your experience was on the phone, we often get people calling us to ask us about multiple models or prices. If the store is empty we can afford to spend a bit more time with you, but if I have customers in the store waiting for assistance then they will always come first. Chances are that I was helping in store customers before the phone rang and it would be of poor business practice to tell them to wait while I start helping people over the phone. If anyone truly wants to see how we do business then it should be face to face, I am sure you will leave with a smile.

Billy - B.J.

There shop is tight and full of stuff, knowing what they have is not always easy Im sure.
I just met a fellow NES'r there for a transfer. I had my 20month old daughter in tow. Im currently working on my MG license and will be back there to see what I can get into.
As far as inventory, the best of the AK,AR style and pre ban stuff I have seen. Prices..they is what they is. nice stuff in that store and it could be dangerous with any kind of budget.

big +1 to jim and the guys, i needed to get the hammer changed on my
ar lower for a 22 upper, not only did jim swap it out for me,
he showed me how to do it, also gave me a great deal on a stock
great shop, great guys,

garyz

Marc came by my shop yesterday to thread my Saiga for the brake I got and was wearing a new Zero Hour t-shirt. Very cool, professional looking design with a huge AR design on the back. He mentioned they weren't cheap to make and knowing how much custom shirts cost I could see why. I definitely plan on getting one if Jim decides to offer them for sale.

Back
Top Bottom