• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

or even ask to see a gun

Is this a new law? Can you please provide me with a citation?

Joey, come on down to the store. I don't work there anymore, but if your underage show up with your dad, ask for Marc and I'm sure you can "see" a gun.

People, showing a gun to unlicensed individuals is not a law. It's usually just a store policy at most gun shops. This may be because of liability, or because the owners know they are not going to make a sale to a un-licened person.

ZHA, has never taken this policy. The store gets curious people in all the time who have never even held a real gun. The store philosophy is show a noob (as long as they are legally able to obtain a permit, and not acting shady) a gun or two, then they will get excited enough to get their LTC, then they will be back to the store to become a regular customer.

Now that 20 minutes of our time (that some shops say is wasted), has turned into a great customer relationship and we make a few bucks as well.

i love zha, and like all that have said before, they have so many really interesting pieces there, its hard to leave empty handed. well, your hands will be empty of $...

I have always been asked for my FID when wanting to physically see a fire arm. I have been in ZHA many times but never really wanted to touch any of the guns.
I just assume that you really could not handle a fire arm in a store with out proper license as so far all I have been to ask for one.

Any how joey is a tough cookie to reach, I have offered his dad a few cleaner uppers with no response.

I have always been asked for my FID when wanting to physically see a fire arm. I have been in ZHA many times but never really wanted to touch any of the guns.
I just assume that you really could not handle a fire arm in a store with out proper license as so far all I have been to ask for one.

Any how joey is a tough cookie to reach, I have offered his dad a few cleaner uppers with no response.

I think it may be in your best interest to not assume anything when it comes to gun laws. [wink]

I went there today with my dad. really nice shop. Alot of good prices. I want the m14 so bad but to much.

ZRA only problem for me to many opptions and I change my mind every time I go. Then I need to save more.

ZHA leads to "sensory overload" and a fatal (to bank account) case of "Iwantititus"! [laugh]

[sarcasm]I have absolutely no idea of what you are saying. I am always in control and totally fiscally responsible when I go the ZHA[/sarcasm]

I went there today with my dad. really nice shop. Alot of good prices. I want the m14 so bad but to much.

Joey I am glad you checked out ZHA, they had way more than 5 military style guns you are used to seeing huh? Time to get a part time job and start to save for that M14.

joey that m14 is no clunky junky wall hanger that you been looking for. b

Joey on a side note that Italian carcano was a no go, not sure what was so special about it but he wanted 400.00? I was thinking more like 75 or 100 ?

I will keep looking, I am going out to ZHA possible saturday.

I thought i saw a winchester 94. It was way in the back. when you walk in its tp the left and on one of the floors circle racks. Can you tell me the price i forgot.

Called a few months back about having a AR15 FFL to their shop, got a pretty rude response about them not shipping full rifles to the shop. Had to take my business elsewhere unfortunately.

Also seems like they have some rifles that are not MA compliant in there? Some have the M4 flash hiders and unpinned stocks?

Nice shop however.

Forgot to post a while back, but I had them pin/weld a brake for me a while back. They did a really nice job for a fair price and got it done on time. What more could you ask?

They are class 3 FFL, they can own as many non-mass compliant rifles they want... It is you who can't own them. Also, it would take 30 minutes for them to convert it to a Massified rifle if you want to buy it.

Called a few months back about having a AR15 FFL to their shop, got a pretty rude response about them not shipping full rifles to the shop. Had to take my business elsewhere unfortunately.

Also seems like they have some rifles that are not MA compliant in there? Some have the M4 flash hiders and unpinned stocks?

Nice shop however.

Picked up a cool S&W Victory Model from WWII from the shop today as a belated birthday present for myself. Mark was great with prices and fun to talk to.

Great shop with a lot of inventory.

Ash

Last edited:
Ash, did you pick up the one that had the bone grips? I saw that Victory over there a week ago or so. It looked like a nice example, especially if you are happy with the price.

Bill

Hi Bill,

No, it had S&W Model 10 grips on it in the case, but Mark had the original Victory plain walnut grips behind the counter, which he gave me.

Last edited:
I went yesterday for the first time, heard a lot of good thing on here about them, nice shop, picked up a new ruger single six for a good price and he knocked off a bit due to an issue with a used one that i wanted to buy for less, he didn't have to but did, gave me a good deal as a new customer, now I will be a repeat customer. Thanks guys never got any names, I will next time.

My husband and I were there yesterday looking for a new handgun for myself... I like that were not pressured into any sale. Picked out and HK pistol and the price was really fair, IMO. I will definitely be back when I am looking for a new rifle!

Aside from that, I get really pissed about being ignored at some gun counters (maybe because I am a girl) - I was treated like anyone else that would walk in. I like that.

Back
Top Bottom