• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

Today, I'd like to take a moment to post some relevant information in regards to Zero Hour Arms.

I just returned home from helping a fellow forum member identify a AKM rifle which was sold to him by Zero Hour Arms, a shop that is widely known for being a "trusted" source of information regarding the AK-47 and it's variants. The seller (ZHA) claimed that this was a XXXXX pre-ban AK-74.

This could be a valid claim, although very rare, XXXX did sell AK-74 receivers. All of their receivers are clearly marked XXXX, and the serials on the imported Chicom imports start with XXX (letters labeling the company) and their homebuilds start with <###>.

What I found was none of these things, but instead a AK-74 kit screw built on a AK-47 receiver.

Read again: a AK-74 kit on a AK-47 receiver. This obviously leads to a poor performing rifle.

I won't say if it was a pre-ban receiver or not (for all the reader knows it very well could have been), but it was not even a functionally correct rifle.

They are not a reputable source for AKM knowledge. They are ****ing clowns.

I will remove this post if they do the right thing.

Last edited:
Just made my first purchase at Zero hour today. I definitely have to say that after going to multiple places to look around and possibly make my first purchase that Zero hour made me feel at home. They were extremely helpfull in helping me pick out a firearm that best suited my needs and not once did they try to persuade me into any particular model. I probably annoyed them by asking them to look at literally at least 20 different handguns before i made up my mind and was there for almost two hours before finally deciding on what i wanted (ended up buying a Steyr s40-a1). I couldn't be happier with my purchase and would definitely highly recommend Zero Hour to anyone i know. They may not have the rock bottom prices of some shops but the atmosphere and comfort i felt there has already made me a loyal customer to them. Just wanted to share my $0.02

I did a job that took me to Easton today, so I figured I'd give ZHA a quick look-see.
Never been there before, and all I knew about the place was what I've read here.
I was impressed with their large selection of EBR's and other extra killy looking items that would give a moonbat fits.[laugh]
They had several Macs for sale, such as a few Mac 10's, an early open bolt Mac 12 and these new MPA Mini Macs (9mm) that I had never seen before, and they take pre-ban Sten mags.
There were a few oddities to be found too, such as a Thunder Five (.410) with the extra .45-70 cylinder and a COP 4 barrel .357.
They also had a bunch of Glocks in several flavors, a few 1911's both new and vintage, some Lugers and a Nambu.
I spotted one item that has been high on my watch list for a while now, but I'm not saying what it is, I'm hoping it'll still be there when I have some cash to grab it next week, and I don't want one of you guys running down there and buying it out from under me. [wink]
I spoke with Mark, he was real friendly and more than willing to show me anything I wanted to see, no pressure either.
I could have shot the bull with him all day, but I only had a short time to look around and didn't have the cash in my pocket to make a purchase today, but I'll certainly be back again soon.

Too bad I missed you today.

I stopped in there after a meeting I had today. The place is now laid out very differently and is 300sq ft bigger than it was. They installed a lounge for Pete and a few others who like to live there. [laugh]

And the layout gives them more visibility so hopefully some a-hole won't be able to walk off with a gun again like happened not long ago.

The website was hacked and some of us get virus warnings, so I advise staying away. Right now, fixing the website isn't high on their priority list, so it may be some time before it's fixed.

Too bad I missed you today.

I stopped in there after a meeting I had today. The place is now laid out very differently and is 300sq ft bigger than it was. They installed a lounge for Pete and a few others who like to live there. [laugh]

And the layout gives them more visibility so hopefully some a-hole won't be able to walk off with a gun again like happened not long ago.

I had never seen the place before, but it was described by someone as a "little hole in the wall", which was not the impression I got once inside.
I had to pick up a wreck at a nearby body shop this morning, I asked the guy there if he knew where ZHA was, he said it was right down the street and gave me directions.
I pulled up at 10 minutes of 10:00, and the sign said they opened at 10:00, but the door was already unlocked so I walked right in.
I was only in there for less than 15 minutes but had a good look around at the stuff on the walls and in the cases.
The prices weren't all that bad, some items were a bit high, but most were reasonable for the current market climate.
I'm not really into EBR stuff, so most of it wasn't of much interest to me, but I did find a few gems that tickled my fancy.

I spotted one item that has been high on my watch list for a while now, but I'm not saying what it is, I'm hoping it'll still be there when I have some cash to grab it next week, and I don't want one of you guys running down there and buying it out from under me. [wink]
Even tho i don't know you at all, i'm kinda betting its the .50? I wish i had the coin for it.

Just picked up a new Saiga 12 there yesterday...was also thinking with my ghetto side about picking up the blinged out chrome tek9 they had too.

I really like the new layout of the store. I stopped by today after the Springfield show because a friend of mine wants a 308 semi auto. Almost had him putting his card down for really nice ptr but he said he needs another paycheck first.

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk 2

Even tho i don't know you at all, i'm kinda betting its the .50? I wish i had the coin for it.

Yup, you don't know me at all [laugh]

No .50 for me, I'm way too cheap to feed one of those, and I'm way too lazy to actually carry one up and down my stairs, those things are heavy.

smiley-laughing013.gif

Stopped in at Zero Hour yesterday, good bunch of guys. Ended up purchasing a new range toy, MasterPiece Arms 9mm, just something new and different to shoot.

Can anyone quote me a price on a WASR10 or similarly priced AK variants? Looking to get into something of that nature but I'm on a budget.

I am selling a few guns to another NES member today, does anyone know if ZHA will do transfers?
They do not like doing transfers, I can tell you that. And IIRC as of late he will not do them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemmed I never got the " hates doing transfers" vibe @ zha?
really 25-40 bucks for how much time? Plus now you have 2 people in your shop that for the most part wouldn't be there. Plus there is someone with newly acquired cash in your shop.
Just a note if a dealer doesn't like doing transfers why would they do it at all? Most people doing transfers are doing for 2 reasons reached personal limit or couldn't find what they wanted at local shop or comeing in from out of state..

Cant figure it out on the slow side how long does a transfer take with all that's involved.
I cant remember the last time it took more than a few minutes...best so far was 14 guns under 1hour acme armorment.........thank you Adam.

Checked out the new shop today I must say they've got quite a bit of eye candy in there!!! Including a tiger carbine very sweet!!! Saw many thinks id love to own but probably won't for a few years at least!!!

really 25-40 bucks for how much time? Plus now you have 2 people in your shop that for the most part wouldn't be there. Plus there is someone with newly acquired cash in your shop.
Just a note if a dealer doesn't like doing transfers why would they do it at all? Most people doing transfers are doing for 2 reasons reached personal limit or couldn't find what they wanted at local shop or comeing in from out of state..

Cant figure it out on the slow side how long does a transfer take with all that's involved.
I cant remember the last time it took more than a few minutes...best so far was 14 guns under 1hour acme armorment.........thank you Adam.

Don't shoot the messenger, just what I've been told by some guys that spend alot of time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't a big deal...we did the transfers at C&F and then I walked into ZHA and walked out with a nice new Sig 1911....it was a good day!

Was that you around 2:30? I was looking around and heard someone saying they'd take the 1911 and he was directing them down to the other counter...

I have done transfers there with no issues. Good guys not as cool as Adam though! [smile]

Was that you around 2:30? I was looking around and heard someone saying they'd take the 1911 and he was directing them down to the other counter...

Yes, that was me wearing a black Wilson Combat shirt and a black Larue Tactical hat. Came in thinking I would buy a Colt 1911 but the bobtail Sig felt better in my hands and came with night sites.....shot 200 rounds through it at the Taunton in-door range around 7PM. I need to get an NES hat, hope to me more members someday.

Yes, that was me wearing a black Wilson Combat shirt and a black Larue Tactical hat. Came in thinking I would buy a Colt 1911 but the bobtail Sig felt better in my hands and came with night sites.....shot 200 rounds through it at the Taunton in-door range around 7PM. I need to get an NES hat, hope to me more members someday.

Lol too funny I went by zero hour after leaving taunton's outdoor range! They've sure got some nice stuff in there! I was in love with the tiger carbine... The price not so much!

the bobtail Sig felt better in my hands and came with night sites.....shot 200 rounds through it at the Taunton in-door range around 7PM. I need to get an NES hat, hope to me more members someday.
I almost bought that very pistol two days ago in ZHA. I bought a Glock 26 off a friend instead. Only so much money to spend. I too am a member of Taunton. I'd love to meet up some time and go shooting.

ZHA'a new look is very nice indeed. I was there today, didn't almost make it out of the store without a purchase-there's a S&W M&P9 range kit there used for $350.

I stopped by here this afternoon. Place was packed! Besides the employees, there were at least 4 customers there (not bad for mid-day on a Tuesday).
They were very friendly and everyone took the time to see if they could help me out.
Lots of interesting items that I have not seen in many other places. Good selection of Glocks as well as a huge selection of carbines.
Alas, I still have to wait for the LTC to arrive before I can make any purchases. They were very good about trying to help me determine what I might want to purchase based upon how I'm going to use it.
They are 10 minutes from my house so I'm sure this was the first of many visits.

Back
Top Bottom