• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms

Can't say enough good things about these guys. Everyone in the place is helpful and willing to take the time with you make your decision.
Bought a few items there previously and went today to window shop....A G30SF followed me home.

Will definately continue to be a repeat customer.

Hey guys post geat things about Jim on the Ames needs a change thread. Jim needs all the help he can get running for President of Ames Rifle and Pistol Club in Easton. We can get him voted in!!

Stopped by the other day as I hadn't been there in a while. The shop is awesome now since they expanded. All kinds of inventory to be had.

I went yesterday with my friend. We each brought home some new difficult to find hardware. Zero Hour is great. This is the only place I'll buy firearms in the future.

I would also like to chime in on how awesome these guys are. Went there last week for my first purchase and they were exceptionally helpful and really nice. I will be going back and taking friends with me.

Yup, I'm a repeat customer. Good people, wide variety of firearms and good prices. Right off Rt.24, convient hours.

I've probably spent way to much time there in the last 2 months. I've bought pretty much all my ammo there just because I've happened to be in there every time I need it. It is without a doubt the definition of a "fun" shop to go to. Got some ideas about how I want my stuff set-up from stuff they've set-up as well.

How many shops do you go to with the purpose of buying something and end up in an hour long discussion about Kalishnikof and Sturmgewehr, lol

They checked some of my weapons to make sure they didn't need work, which they didn't.

I'll be using them for a lot more stuff in the future.

I posted this as a google review also, figured it would help here too.

I stopped in about a week ago with my wife and we were helped by Rick. We made small talk, he offered some opinions, and we were on our way. One opinion that Rick had was that he was not a fan of the Smith and Wesson M&P line. Owning an M&P handgun, I wanted him to elaborate more on that.

I stopped by the shop on 10/23 to speak with Rick about this. While he was assisting another customer I spoke with Steve about the AR platform. Steve came across as very knowledgeable about the rifle and even gave me his opinions on DI versus Gas Piston. He explained things in a manner that could be understood and didn't talk to me like I was a moron. He was a great help in answering questions for me on the AR platform along with parts and accessories for it.

When Rick finished with his customer he explained his position on the M&P line of handguns and rifles. He did so in a manner that wasn't offensive to me as an M&P owner. I felt that the open discussion we had led to me being a bit more open minded to other manufacturers despite what my friends may shoot and own. He emphasized that what works for him as a handgun may not work for me, and what works for me may not work for him. Every person has their different preferences and they should use a firearm that they are most comfortable with. We talked at length about different options and I found the experience to be very educational. I left with a lot of answers and some good considerations for a CCW.

Overall my experience with Zero Hour was great. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend others to visit their store nor would I hesitate to make my next purchase there.

I just made another purchase. Ugh. I gotta slow down, but they keep putting this craziness on the shelf.

Stopped in at ZHA last night to kill some time before going to a buddy's wedding rehearsal/dinner. WOW, they've got some great stuff, and the staff are friendly and helpful! I loved the atmosphere and the attitude of the people there. I only wish I lived closer so I could visit more often.

I want to say Thank you Zero happy hours which donated a box of Surefire Battery plus i bough an extra box to send them to my buddy in Afghanistan back in 2010 i believe it was a long time. I just drove down there to check out the store for the battery. I asked " Do you have any surefire batteries for sale, i want to buy some to send it to my buddy in Afghanistan". One of the rep guy just said " here you go for your buddy free of charge" I wanted to say thank you very much. Oh here is picture of him. He is corporal Yu. base in NC, camp lejeune and he is home now and still in the Marines.
brownyuinafghanistan.jpg

Zero Hours Arms does support our troops. Thumb up.

Was told they don't like to do goofy out of state transfers (for an AR lower... [rolleyes]) and it would be a $50 fee. I sincerely hope no one pays this fee. Looks like much has not changed since a few years ago when I was told they wouldn't transfer a lower for me unless it was the complete rifle.

Last edited:
Last I was in there they had a sign "no inbound transfers". I never asked Jim about it.

I was talking to Rick about 2 weeks ago about getting a gun off of gun broker and have it shipped in to the store for them to do the transfer. He made a remark that the AG was already on their case about something (for the life of me I cannot recall what it was, I didn't go in to it with Rick) and that Jim (and someone else, can't recall who) said they weren't doing inbound out of state transfers.

My wife got the same story last weekend.

Its unfortunate, because my wife really likes the shop (as do I) and would like to do that sort of business with them, but they for whatever reason are unwilling to do that at this time.

Its to bad because they are losing a lot of business. Sounds like they don't know the laws, or someone there did some shady transfers. Oh well.

I was talking to Rick about 2 weeks ago about getting a gun off of gun broker and have it shipped in to the store for them to do the transfer. He made a remark that the AG was already on their case about something (for the life of me I cannot recall what it was, I didn't go in to it with Rick) and that Jim (and someone else, can't recall who) said they weren't doing inbound out of state transfers.

My wife got the same story last weekend.

Its unfortunate, because my wife really likes the shop (as do I) and would like to do that sort of business with them, but they for whatever reason are unwilling to do that at this time.

Its to bad because they are losing a lot of business. Sounds like they don't know the laws, or someone there did some shady transfers. Oh well.

Agreed on the losing business portion. I don't want to speculate as to why they don't do it, I'm sure there's a valid reason. I ended up getting a transfer done at Blue Northern Trading Co. because it wasn't available to me at Zero Hour. For reference, Zero Hour is 19 minutes from my house, Blue Northern is 1h2m. I suppose I could have gone through Four Seasons, but, at the time I couldn't get in touch with anyone there to talk to them about it and I was impatient. The item I wanted was in stock and I needed to pull the trigger with someone who would accept the transfer. BNTC was it. Wish it could have been Zero Hour, but, that's life.

They're not losing a lot of business by not doing an out of state transfer. That is your opinion. Most shops LOSE money by soaking up time doing transfers on guns they didn't sell.

If they don't want to do it, they don't want to do it.

They're not losing a lot of business by not doing an out of state transfer. That is your opinion. Most shops LOSE money by soaking up time doing transfers on guns they didn't sell.

If they don't want to do it, they don't want to do it.

I don't know that they actually lose money by doing a transfer.

Lets say that an employee is making state minimum, $8/hr (they likely make more, work off commission, etc. but for the sake of this example, they make $8)

You want to do an OOS transfer and based on a post from earlier in this thread, they said it would be $50.

You buy a gun from wherever that is out of state and want to have ZHA do the transfer. At this point, ZHA has lost no money. They can't sell what they don't have in stock or what they won't price reasonably (or negotiate price) and that is probably the reason that you bought it from someone out of state anyways.

Do they lose potential revenue because of those factors? Sure. However, for an employee to do the transfer work, I don't think the shop loses money (unless there is some fee the shop pays the state for that privilege that I don't know about). If anything, they make a little bit for their time and efforts. In fact, by my estimate they would be making $46 on the deal. This is assuming the transfer process takes no longer than 30 minutes and assuming the employee is paid the state minimum.

Is it inconvenient for the shop? Probably.
Is it this stores right to set a price and/or flat out refuse to do something they don't want to do? Sure is.

If you don't like it, there are PLENTY of other shops that will do the transfer, and probably be grateful to do it in order earn your business in the future.

M&J guns in Rockland does transfers for 25 bucks. Will transfer anything from MA resident to Ma resident.

Agreed on the losing business portion. I don't want to speculate as to why they don't do it, I'm sure there's a valid reason. I ended up getting a transfer done at Blue Northern Trading Co. because it wasn't available to me at Zero Hour. For reference, Zero Hour is 19 minutes from my house, Blue Northern is 1h2m. I suppose I could have gone through Four Seasons, but, at the time I couldn't get in touch with anyone there to talk to them about it and I was impatient. The item I wanted was in stock and I needed to pull the trigger with someone who would accept the transfer. BNTC was it. Wish it could have been Zero Hour, but, that's life.

They do enough buisness that doing transfers on guns shipped in are not worth it, one it ties up time, gun has to be logged in and logged out, not to mention doing the transfer. also gun has to be stored somtimes because people dont show up right away lots of time the other ffl can be a hassle and all this for 50 bucks,

If you are a regular customer there they will do most transfers for you

Back
Top Bottom