Zero Hour Arms

I got in and out last night with a new (to me) purchase without too much difficulty last night. The phone was ringing non-stop, there were other guys looking around and another in line behind me to check out but I got what I wanted and even managed not to step on the cocker spaniel guarding the door on the way out.

Damn, I did step on the poor cocker spaniel's paw, as I side-stepped when Jim, Don and someone else came out of the back room. It was busy in there and the sofa was crowded! [laugh]

I went to ZHA the other day, great place! Everyone was friendly and helpful, and they had some BAD ASS stuff! I kinda wish I had had the dough for the SL-8 w/ surefire foreend, but it was a fair bit beyond me.

Oh, the german shepherd is a real nice dog!

Zero Hour gets a gold star from me. Picked up a PS90 there this afternoon on my second visit there. Got great service from everyone, DESPITE how crowded it was... I was surprised to see like 5 people in there milling around when I walked in, I didn't think it would be that busy.
I will be going back soon. There's about $6000 worth of guns I feel I NEED to buy after playing with them for a little bit... That's not even including the SCAR-L I was tempted to empty my savings account for on an impulse buy, haha.
Great shop guys, you've got my business.
-Joe

Went there this evening--drove in from central mass; monsoon, traffic, incomplete google directions (got me to within three blocks), car was almost swallowed up by a big pothole/puddle just before the store, popped a crown grinding the teeth--argghh. I walked in, and I just started smiling. [smile]

It is small but they have a great and interesting selection. Walked around and around. TYPEO1313 and madmarc0 were very helpful. I left with a preban AR. I can't wait to get to the range tomorrow! I would drive the 70 miles again!

Stopped there yesterday, and while they did not have what I'm looking for, I had a good time. Great shop, personnel always friendly, no hassle if you just want to take your time and browse all the goodies.
But that cocker spaniel did not like me ! I don't know why. Sniff, sniff.

I made my first handgun purchase from Zero Hour a couple of weeks ago. I could not ask for better guys to deal with. The whole atmosphere over there is just so laid back and comfortable. There was absloutely no pressure to buy. I have a feeling that if I had more money I'd end up sitting in the couch like stoneypete! I will definately deal with Zero Hour again. ( Not to mention that it's only 10 minutes from my house.......)[wink]

I made my first handgun purchase from Zero Hour a couple of weeks ago. I could not ask for better guys to deal with. The whole atmosphere over there is just so laid back and comfortable. There was absloutely no pressure to buy. I have a feeling that if I had more money I'd end up sitting in the couch like stoneypete! I will definately deal with Zero Hour again. ( Not to mention that it's only 10 minutes from my house.......)[wink]

In about 6 months you will curse me for showing you this place for one of two reasons.
  1. You've spent all your money on guns that there is nothing left for food.
  2. You're disciplined with your cash and you're tired of drooling over their toys.

It's my favorite place to go and right around the corner from me. Jim and Marc are great guys to deal with. Best place to go if you want to find a black rifle or need assistance with gunsmithing on one.

Stopped by today and was in awe over the selection... plus the cocker spaniel was very personable. :)

Anyone know why I cannot bring up Renker Dr. on the GPS or on GOOGLE map search.? Renker Dr. comes up as unavailable. Tried to get there today, but could not find it. Tried calling many times and the line was just continuously busy. Oh Well, maybe next time.

Anyone know why I cannot bring up Renker Dr. on the GPS or on GOOGLE map search.? Renker Dr. comes up as unavailable. Tried to get there today, but could not find it. Tried calling many times and the line was just continuously busy. Oh Well, maybe next time.

Search for Bristol Drive instead. It is an industrial park, take the second left (I think - if it is a dead end go to the next one) and follow it around to the right and you will end at the big mud puddle that is Renker Dr and ZHA is right there on the left.

Google maps has their street as Hampden Drive, which is wrong. How ever here are their GPS coordinates. 42.046769, -71.069790

I drove by it twice before I took a guess and found it. Renker's not labeled off of Turnpike St (I think it's Bristol that is?) and it's literally a dirt road in the middle of an industrial park. I was travelling south on Turnpike with GPS, and it's the first right after the end of that little pond.

IIRC, the business on the corner of Bristol and Turnpike is Sullivan Truck Center. Turn onto the bumpy dirt road, and ZHA is the last building on the right before the road takes a sharp right turn (~ 1 city block, give or take).

Great Place

I was at ZHA for the 2nd and 3rd time a few weeks ago to have a Break pinned to an AR15 barrel. The guys there are great. Its pretty fun to just STS with them. Marc did a good job on the pin and even got it done a day or 2 ahead of schedule. I bought a bunch of ammo and a few odds-and-ends when I picked-up my pinned break/barrel. One of the guys there even insisted on helping me get the ammo out to my car [shocked]! I will be back even though I live on the Northshore even if its just to go down, see what they have and STS some more.

/John

I'd like to give thanks to the ZHA staff. I unfortunately had to part with one of my pistols and they were very understanding and helped me out with buying it from me. They didn't haggle me or try to give me some paltry price for it. Thanks guys I hope to come back soon!!! They've got this customer forever.

I was there yesterday due to a phone call from Knob Creek. Took home a very nice Colt Single Action Blue/CCH in .45 with a 5-1/2" barrel.

It's going back to Colt to have the barrel changes out to 4-3/4" and then to Nutmeg to have a pair of One piece Ivory grips fitted to it.

Great guys. Very helpful. I am glad that I live an hr + away and never are in that area or I would be broke.

From what it looked like there was a great selection of hard to find firearms.

They handled a transfer for me and made me feel like I had been going in there for years even though it was my first visit.

This place is worth a trip. Thanks to all at ZHA. [bow]

Finidng the place

What kind of GPS? I have a Garmin and it got me right there yesterday......Awesome shop by the way...Walls and walls of goodies.....

Thanks for all the help, I will use the connecting Streets to get there. I have a TomTom GPS. Don't know when I will be able to try again. May try to get there the Long weekend. Just working too much lately.

Great shop. Purchased my first pistol from them. Jim, Mark, and the crew are good people. You'll find things in there both new and collectible that you will not find in other mainstream stores.

Back
Top Bottom