• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Zero Hour Arms - moving on...

Talk to Troy City Tactical, they should be setting up parts inventory by now.

And yes, it is incredibly expensive to stock up inventory.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

stopped by last week, decent handgun inventory, some good pricing, some so-so. could set-up the store a little better. kinda tough to see stuff with 4 or more customers in there, but it's early, and display cases are expensive. given a bit of time i think (hope) they'll get it more organized.

looks good so far though. nice modern store-front, easy to find.

Last edited:
You don't read too good do you?

I was doing a price comparison: My price online plus shipping vs a sample price in store.

Decisions like this is why we have shithole shops and everyone shops online. If you need build parts you can't go to a local shop, you have to order a $2 part and pay $6 shipping.

Mike, it is not $30k in parts: 30 lowers is only $1800 and assorted pins and such is another k. I'm pretty ****ing good at accounting and I can do the math. I see the same shit sitting on the shelves every time I visit but you think it's a better idea not to stock stuff people will actually buy. Okay, got it.

Cabela's does it no problem but the mom & pop can't put $5k in parts on a wall?

You *might* be decent at accounting, but you're ****ing dreadful at economics. Just stop already.

Last edited:
Talk to Troy City Tactical, they should be setting up parts inventory by now.

And yes, it is incredibly expensive to stock up inventory.

Sent from my C6530 using Tapatalk

:) I'm in there at least once a week. They are doing some work for me on one toy already. Great shop and great people

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

They did not have any basic A2 rear sight parts, nor any standard rifle buffers. I would think these are basic staples.

I don't know what "basic" is, but Precision Armament carries an extensive line of Magpul parts including folding front and rear sights.

You want another idea? A Magpul kiosk at the Pheasant Lane Mall. Think about it: What is the top selling civilian firearm on the planet?

Vending machines for death dealing parts in the heart of liberalville? WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

Youd be on the news in a week. Black and white shot, ominous music in the background.
Your shit would be vandalized, defaced, and stolen before that.

Vending machines for death dealing parts in the heart of liberalville? WHAT COULD GO WRONG.

Youd be on the news in a week. Black and white shot, ominous music in the background.
Your shit would be vandalized, defaced, and stolen before that.

KIOSK not vending. As in, hot girls parading around with Magpul shit bugging the crap out of expecting parents.

Of course it would be on the news & bug the shit out of progressives: That right there is the point. lol

They don't like our idea, I am flabergasted!! lol

Hahaha! Im still surprised at how some people will pay the $8 for shipping a couple 30¢ parts. Maybe we're in the wrong [lol].

ETA: I think having a "Claire's" accessories kiosk for gun people would work in the right location. I was also thinking that some sneaky lawyer would find a way to sue if a mass shooter was sold a forward grip from said kiosK. I don't know if PLCAA would cover as there is no FFL.

Last edited:
Hahaha! Im still surprised at how some people will pay the $8 for shipping a couple 30¢ parts. Maybe we're in the wrong [lol].

I guess so. Apparently I suck at accounting, math, economics, and retail. Good thing I'm only a Business Analyst huh?

I guess so. Apparently I suck at accounting, math, economics, and retail. Good thing I'm only a Business Analyst huh?

Be honest, your ERP system does all the work. You just upload / download spreadsheet and do data dumps. Ha ha ha

This thread has gone severely off track. Wtf is going on with the new zero hour? Was that a complete line of bullshit?

I wonder how much a kiosk costs. Nothing illegal about selling plastic stocks, or cheap scopes, or slings, or other legal items, right?

Years ago I looked into it. $1500/mo for 10 months and $15000 for Nov & Dec. 1 year lease and you only got a basic stripped cart and no secondary storage.

This was a crappy mall too...

Add in Ins, I think you have to be open ALL the time, and some other things and you'd have to sell a ton of crap just to exist.

That said, I did think of a non FFL based gun accessory store. But its hard to sell retail and keep the lights on with everyone coming in quoting internet prices.

Years ago I looked into it. $1500/mo for 10 months and $15000 for Nov & Dec. 1 year lease and you only got a basic stripped cart and no secondary storage.

This was a crappy mall too...

Add in Ins, I think you have to be open ALL the time, and some other things and you'd have to sell a ton of crap just to exist.

That said, I did think of a non FFL based gun accessory store. But its hard to sell retail and keep the lights on with everyone coming in quoting internet prices.

Why's everybody always crushing my dreams? How am I going to pay the monkeys?

I wonder how much a kiosk costs. Nothing illegal about selling plastic stocks, or cheap scopes, or slings, or other legal items, right?

It's overpriced, I'd be willing to bet. Go inside a shopping mall, the only shit that is left is stuff that is high profit. Everyone else has moved out to strip malls or onto the internet, etc.

Gun shops are working from 30 points or less most of the time. Sometimes a lot less depending on the product.

-Mike

Hi,
Haven't logged on for a bit as I'm still putting stuff together.
I did PM you to resolve this and I wanted to thank you for your patience and understanding
during this period.
I do apologize to you and any other affected customers if my business decisions cause you any inconvenience
but I will assure that all matters get resolved.
Thank you all again,
Oleg aka Alex

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
I can understand that statement however, I wanted to assure you and everyone else that I'm on it -
Please see my public reply to Grendizer138.
Thanks again to all
Oleg aka Alex

This will look real good when he opens a new store.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi,
And why is that exactly>?
Thanks
Oleg aka Alex

i don't think alex (oleg) will be opening a new store anywhere

Hello,
Just wanted to clear up that I did not bail on anyone.
Tending to my own affairs and creating a new business model tends to take much involvement hence not on here recently.
As I have stated prior I will take care of people who I owe, I'm a man of my word.
Thank you all for your patience
Oleg aka Alex

So Oleg bailed on some customers eh? Maybe the new zero was not so much better than the old zero...

Hello,
Yes it is for now. When I reopen/settle I may want to keep the Zero Hour name but it isn't fair to my customers to keep the site active if I'm not able to serve them.
thank you all for your understanding and support, it means the world to me
Oleg aka Alex

zha's web site is gone

with everyone coming in quoting internet prices.

Until they factor in shipping. I've found items locally . cheaper than the internet and when as stated earlier a small maintenance part, shipping and waiting is a joke. Order from a great place admitidly, Brownells and unless you build you the order making it worth it, buying a small c clip or some other minor item isn't worth it.

Back
Top Bottom