your carry gun

Not to hijack the thread but I had a quick question...How would one CCW with a business suit on? I imagine that the second you took your jacket off it'd be exposed, IWB or OWB...Would you just put it under your suit shirt? I'd imagine then it would print a lot, or at least, you wouldn't be able to draw quickly should the circumstance arrive.

Not to hijack the thread but I had a quick question...How would one CCW with a business suit on? I imagine that the second you took your jacket off it'd be exposed, IWB or OWB...Would you just put it under your suit shirt? I'd imagine then it would print a lot, or at least, you wouldn't be able to draw quickly should the circumstance arrive.

Galco skyops holster and some blousing of the shirt. Its doable, just very nerve racking.

I am very old school. A S&W stainless Chief's Special in a leather shoulder holster when wearing a coat or jacket in cold weather. In cool weather a S&W 39-2 in a belt holster under a vest with no jacket or a lightweight windbreaker.

I'm still working on a suitable setup for hot summer weather. I have carried a Beretta 21A or a NAA mini-revolver in those conditions, but I'm not really comfortable with a mouse gun. I look at it as an excuse to "invest" in more guns and holsters. [grin]

buy a tuckable IWB holster or pocket carry a revolver.

S&W 1911 Sc, that's full size. I carry the same firearm in a Tucker Cover-up, same place year round. From time to time I've tried a Galco "Miami Vice" shoulder rig but keep going back to same gun, same place, same holster. Two spare mags gives me 25 rounds of 230gr JHP flyin' ashtrays.
Consistency works.

Summer no problem. A summer outside wear shirt, square hem like a Hawaiian shirt. Thin nylon in the waist holster and you can wear both those S&W's of yours all summer long. Get a nylon in the waist holster that will sit low with only the butt showing. Nylon is good for the humid climate. Wear a S&W 637 snubie like this in Florida all the time

642 as of a few days ago. I'm investigating options for days I want more capacity, but I'm using the 642 daily.

up until I went to ireland, a fullsize M&P 40 IWB in a M-Tac.

Bought a sig p229 in december in .40 and plan to carry that in an M-Tac until the Milt Sparks VM2 i ordered comes in.

I need to see how comfortable the p229 is since it's a bit thicker than the M&P. It's also shorter though so it might be a wash.

But, since i'm in ireland until the end of April, my carry weapon is my fists and a small pocket knife for now....

642 .38 +P's occasionally a P228 9mm and in the summer months an Iver Johnson's .Tp22. I know I'm going to get crap for that but a .22 is better than nothing. It's been my experience that if the gun is too big most people will leave it at home so here it is "I'd rather carry small than nothing at all".

642 .38 +P's occasionally a P228 9mm and in the summer months an Iver Johnson's .Tp22. I know I'm going to get crap for that but a .22 is better than nothing. It's been my experience that if the gun is too big most people will leave it at home so here it is "I'd rather carry small than nothing at all".

Makes sense to me.

"small than nothing at all", no argument here. And besides, a handful of .22's in an attacker's face will most likely deter him from whatever prior agenda he had!

I have a bunch of button-down t-shirts for the summer months so I can conceal a full size 1911 in an IWB with no printing unless I bend all the way over. Although I'm more likely to wear a Makarov or .38 snubby, because when I'm wearing considerably less clothing in the warm months, the extra weight and bulk of the 1911 seems to be more noticeable.

I used to tailor my carry practice to what the season (and its clothing) would support, and my choice ranged from .357 to .45. Later, I slacked off and tailored it to most likely threat, which has almost always been pretty low, and it ranged from .38 to .45. Nowadays, I tailor it to how my back feels, and it ranges from .38 in a shoulder holster to .38 in a pocket.

up until I went to ireland, a fullsize M&P 40 IWB in a M-Tac.

Bought a sig p229 in december in .40 and plan to carry that in an M-Tac until the Milt Sparks VM2 i ordered comes in.

I need to see how comfortable the p229 is since it's a bit thicker than the M&P. It's also shorter though so it might be a wash.

But, since i'm in ireland until the end of April, my carry weapon is my fists and a small pocket knife for now....

You're gonna love the Versa Max II.

SIg 239 in 9mm. Seecamp 32 when dressed light.

Ditto with the above. Use a Milt Sparks IWB holster for the 239 and love it. The Seecamp just sits in my pocket if I am lightly dresses. If I am wearing cargo pants or jeans with deeper pockets I'll just drop the S&W 442 with CT grips in the pocket with 38 +P ammo.

Quick question... I shoot the 442 with 38 +P every week. It is the gun I least look forward to shooting. The damn thing hurts! Anyone else find this?

Thanks,

Rich

Ditto with the above. Use a Milt Sparks IWB holster for the 239 and love it. The Seecamp just sits in my pocket if I am lightly dresses. If I am wearing cargo pants or jeans with deeper pockets I'll just drop the S&W 442 with CT grips in the pocket with 38 +P ammo.

Quick question... I shoot the 442 with 38 +P every week. It is the gun I least look forward to shooting. The damn thing hurts! Anyone else find this?

Thanks,

Rich

Switch to 'regular' 38 loads at the range. Independence, S&B, now winchester make standard pressure 38's. And, for me, they shoot really flat and straight, I do really well with them in a model 36.

If you are queasy about giving up the +p, look for new grips to help the slap.

Course if you were standing next to me at the range and saying that, I would say, here shoot my 357 snub. I think that would fix it ;)

this may seem like an odd question but I see alot of people making mention of carrying more than one gun at a time...this is mass is it not. Can you actually carry more than one gun ccw in this state?

Back
Top Bottom