Young Douchebags?

I'm happy they're shooting. It means younger generations are into the practice of liberty and have no problem telling the world about it.

I learned a long time ago not to judge anyone by appearance. The more younger people that are into firearms the better, if they are being safe then let them appear as they choose its much better than them organizing anti gun rallies!

Your opinion that my opinion is ant-liberty is anti-liberty, IMHO.

If you're at all serious about gun rights, you should be happy they're shooting and evpressimg support for the cause. I rock a very strong Boston accent, have tattoos, vape and rock concert t shirts a lot.

But I'm a shooter, business leader, writer, and someone who is very actively involved in 2a causes.

Your post is borderline fuddery.

As long as they arnt shooting with neon 'zombie ' guns and green ammo at zombie targets IDGAF... experience has shown me that many of those guys have the worst aim, muzzle dissiplin, and generally have the hardest time following the 4 rules... that and I think zombies are stupid...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I hate people with guns. Wait! I own guns,shit that means I hate myself. There was once a young man who had a beard,long hair,and some people didn't like him or what he had to say.To the point that they killed him,that man's name was Jesus.

I should add, it's only the literacy part that bothers me. The rest is just observation.

How can you judge their literacy fairly if you only heard them talk? You need to see them write and hear them read as well!

Oh, nice judge mental post by the way. What's wrong, did they ask you to cease fire and go cold just as you were about to start shooting?

I can only imagine what some of the guys think when I show up at the range driving in a fancy sports car and looking like I just finished a pool party (which in reality I probably just did). I figure if I ever have to deploy my gun I will not be wearing combat fatigues and giant boots.

If someone is going to the range, shooting and having a good time, then I'm all for it. I couldn't care less about their ethnicity or tattoos or age or anything else. If they're happy and having fun, then I don't care. The more that shoot the merrier especially in this state.

ps: You will probably think I am weird but I do think the zombie guns are pretty neat, although I don't own one. I will confess that I do have zombie 5.56 ammo that I do shoot.

I can only imagine what some of the guys think when I show up at the range driving in a fancy sports car and looking like I just finished a pool party (which in reality I probably just did). I figure if I ever have to deploy my gun I will not be wearing combat fatigues and giant boots.

I'd be banned if you new what I was thinking.[grin]

What's wrong with camo shorts again? Last I looked they are about as common and prevalent as denim jeans. I wasn't aware wearing them was a secret sign of something. :confused:

I had a reason to associate with younger gun owners yesterday.

With no exception, they all had the following:

1) Tactical beards
2) Multiple arm and leg tatoos
3) Kickin' New England accents
4) Camo cargo shorts
5) t-shirts with some sort of "I own guns, **** you" message
6) Heavy smoking habit
7) Questionable literacy

Is this description typical of the next generation? If so, I'm concerned about the plight of American Liberty.

1, I'm just lazy and haven't shaved in a week.
2, tattoos are awesome .
3, don't judge me cause I'm native and speak the local lexicon.
4, how else am I gonna hold all my wicked pissa cool stuff.
5, I wear those for the people who don't know what my molon labe tattoos means.
6, why you care what I put in my body.
7, I was born def. give me a break .

Last edited:
1, I'm just lazy and haven't shaved in a week.
2, tattoos ares awesome .
3, don't judge me cause I'm native and speak the local lexicon.
4, how else am I gonna hold all my wicked pissa cool stuff.
5, I wear those for the people who don't know what my molon labe tattoos means.
6, why you care what I put in my body.
7, I was born def. give me a break .

You've got him on a technicality, what's your buddies excuses?[smile]

Who would have thought that old people are calling young people douchebags on a message board , hilarious.

I shoot with friends that fit all your list with one in addition

1a.) veterans

That's right. They are all tatted up, with come and take it shirts, beards, Boston accents, chain smoking inbetween rounds in the action pits at Pelham, and I woundnt trust them to edit my English paper, but they are all awesome guys. Not douchebags.

I'm sure they make generalizations about you, that start with "F" and end with "udd", but they have enough respect to keep it to themselves.

Was gonna say... sounds like a bunch of vets.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

1) Tactical beards
4) Camo cargo shorts
6) Heavy smoking habit
7) Questionable literacy

Is this description typical of the next generation? If so, I'm concerned about the plight of American Liberty.

1) can't grow a beard
2)nope
3)no accent
4)single colors only
5)got a few m&p shirts nothing inflammatory
6) old dudes smoke more than the young crowd.
7) litteracey? Huh? I don't gamble

Apart from this being the social media "look at me generation" , I think more of the youth is concerned with liberty than you think. If you think young gun owners are annoying, try hanging out with young sheeple.

I stated my disdain for Charlize Theron yesterday during dinner before watching Mad Max. she made Sean Penn melt his guns into a statue. the response I got was, "that's great for her!".
Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I had a chance to associate with some older dudes at the range the other day. To a man, they exhibited the following: 1) $2000 shotguns that they thought were as priceless as a Faberge egg 2) A disdain for black rifles because they assumed that anyone who would have one was a basement dwelling SEAL wannabe. 3) they swung those scatter guns around with no regard for muzzle direction because they were "open"....except when they weren't. 4) looking down their noses at folks like me who want to work from a holster because that's why I have pistols--to carry defensively. 5) snickering at the fact that I carry an IFAK with me to the range. It's not like there's any chance of a traumatic injury there, amiright? 6)Spending more time bitching about Obama and Jade Helm than shooting, sucking up lane time. Is this typical of the generation who sat idly by while liberties have been eroded? I fear for our rights in the future unless some of the "I own guns, f@$k you" crowd can reverse the trend.

I give this gentleman a standing ovation. Very well said

I had a chance to associate with some older dudes at the range the other day. To a man, they exhibited the following:

1) $2000 shotguns that they thought were as priceless as a Faberge egg

2) A disdain for black rifles because they assumed that anyone who would have one was a basement dwelling SEAL wannabe.

3) they swung those scatter guns around with no regard for muzzle direction because they were "open"....except when they weren't.

4) looking down their noses at folks like me who want to work from a holster because that's why I have pistols--to carry defensively.

5) snickering at the fact that I carry an IFAK with me to the range. It's not like there's any chance of a traumatic injury there, amiright?

6)Spending more time bitching about Obama and Jade Helm than shooting, sucking up lane time.

Is this typical of the generation who sat idly by while liberties have been eroded? I fear for our rights in the future unless some of the "I own guns, f@$k you" crowd can reverse the trend.

If I ever run into you I owe you a drink

1) Tactical beards
4) Camo cargo shorts
6) Heavy smoking habit
7) Questionable literacy

Have we met?

1) Tactical beards
4) Camo cargo shorts
6) Heavy smoking habit
7) Questionable literacy

I'll plead guilty to 1, 2, 3, formerly 6 and and partially 4 (I do own a pair of cargo shorts, but they are not camo)
In my defense, I've had my "tactical" beard since long before they became "tactical" and was not what I consider a heavy smoker.

However, being born in the 50's I can hardly be considered next generation.

Meh - the only judgement I pass at the range is about safety and accuracy.

The last time I was at the range there were a couple of black guys shooting at the other end of the firing line. Both clean cut, one late 40's early 50's. The other late 20's early 30's. They were shooting AK's at steel plates at 100 yards. The older guy was squeezing of a round about every second and ringing the gong with every shot and was very conscious of muzzle direction.
The younger guy was emptying his magazine as fast as he could. The first round hit and every round after that hit further and further up the berm. He reloaded with his finger on the trigger and swung his rifle 90 degrees with the muzzle pointed down the firing line right at his shooting buddy. He is a douchebag.
The older guy was not a douchebag and even less so because he was all over the younger guy about shot placement and muzzle direction.

Age, appearance and attire don't matter at the range. Safety and accuracy do.

Amen to safety and accuracy.

I like anyone enjoying range time unless they go out of their way to be an ass or are unsafe. As an older guy, I really enjoy talking to the young-beard-tatt-AR crowd. IMO this next generation is better informed and more actively supports 2A.

Prediction: More conspicuous beards will be the future mullets. [smile]

I've left clubs because of fudds like you.
One offended fudd was all bent that I brought women , kids, and black guns with me.
and my shotgun mostly stayed on the rifle range sending 50+ slugs down just for fun.
he had to make it a point to include a loud f word in every sentence when my wife was in earshot.
douchebags come in all ages .
over.

To be fair, I think some people take the "tacticool" stuff too far with their get ups and attire, but at the end of the day, that shit doesn't matter. As long as they don't muzzle sweep me or endanger me, they can do their thing and I can do mine. There is no point in getting bent out of shape about te type of people at the rang unless they directly endanger you. You may think they are morons, whatever, but it's certainly not enough to get annoyed about nor come here and give a rant that I only score 2/10 about.

physical appearance should be the last thing you use to determine is your are in the presence of a douche...

forum posts are a far better indicator... [laugh]

There are Douchebags of all ages at the range. There are some people who like to talk and others who like to try to impress you with their gun expertise. I am far from an expert but have a good variety of guns so I don't consider myself a rookie either. I don't judge at all. I have met a lot of really decent people at the range of all ages and backgrounds.
The guys who crack me up are the full tactical guys with the vest that hold 50 mags and the full camo outfits. I don't begrudge them of their fantasy, whatever it is, but they do crack me up. I was recently shooting inside at WPRC and a guy came in and changed into his "tactical gear" in the bathroom before shooting. The funny thing is most of these guys that I have seen could not hit sand if they were in the desert.

I go to hone my skills but also for recreation. Some of the biggest pains in the butt people I have run into is the older crowd, most of teh young guys are very personable.

Back
Top Bottom