• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yeti drops NRA

Here’s an idea. Stfu about it and you don’t piss off a large percentage of your customers. I never heard of rtic before but I’ll definitely be a customer now.

Rule #1: DO NOT mix business with religion/politics, unless your business IS religion/politics. How is that so hard to understand?

Just went to order some RTIC products to show support. “Free shipping on orders of $40 or more”. I’m not in the market for anything expensive like a huge cooler, but their prices are so damn cheap it was actually hard to spend $40 on drink coolers!!! If I went to Yeti, a friggin straw would have been $50.

Ordered at 9:23 and had UPS tracking info literally 2 minutes later at 9:25. They are off to a great start.

Just went to order some RTIC products to show support. “Free shipping on orders of $40 or more”. I’m not in the market for anything expensive like a huge cooler, but their prices are so damn cheap it was actually hard to spend $40 on drink coolers!!! If I went to Yeti, a friggin straw would have been $50.

Ordered at 9:23 and had UPS tracking info literally 2 minutes later at 9:25. They are off to a great start.

I've got a buddy who does powder coating, and he orders the tumblers he uses for that business from RTIC. They produce some good stuff.

Keep an eye out for people tossing the coolers that Omaha Steaks uses. I grabbed one from the curb one day and it's the bee's knees. They're just Styrofoam but thick insulation.

Now I have TWO reasons not to buy their overpriced, heavy-as-crap stuff.

I'm betting "spoitzmin" are a smaller and smaller segment for them. Not a lot of guys want to buy a $100 cooler for $500. But plenty of people love buying a $10 insulated mug for $30. While you need a lot more sales to make it up, you can get them faster.

Keep an eye out for people tossing the coolers that Omaha Steaks uses. I grabbed one from the curb one day and it's the bee's knees. They're just Styrofoam but thick insulation.

Yep. And a nice interlocking lid to keep the air-gap small. I use one to delivery a fresh turkey to my mom for Thanksgiving every year.

I have a Yeti Hopper 30 that I got from my companies Christmas party, but when its MY money, I go with RTIC. I got my RTIC 60 on sale for under $200 with free shipping. A Yeti was double that price but available locally. Anyways, for the first time ever, I had contents inside the cooler freeze up on me. Not talking frozen solid but I loaded my RTIC down with ice and bottled water/beer for a day out on the river. Later that afternoon, grab a bottle of water and there's good sized ice chips in it.

I like a cooler to be able to last and hold ice for 3-5 days. I often hit the river for that amount of time, or more often, will go every day or every other day for long periods and its a pain stopping for ice all the time. Additionally, summers here are intense, 100+ degree days are common. With my RTIC, its not an issue, plus they're sturdy. I use my cooler as a bench seat, it gets stepped on, jumped on from the deck above it, and serves as a work area at times, and it holds up like a champ.

I have YETI products and I'm a lifetime NRA member. I was going to buy a YETI cooler for my trip to CT next month. I won't be spending any more money on their products; and that's what I told them in the email that I sent to them this morning. As I said, "I am the NRA, and I'm now a former customer."

Have a bunch of yeti products, not buying another one but also not deep sixing my stuff either. Will switch to engel or rtic. Probably rtic, after their 2A posts.

I wonder what the difference between the two programs is?

Omaho steak cooler s are great. I wrapped the outside of mine with aluminum HVAC tape for strength and heat reflection.

Here’s an idea. Stfu about it and you don’t piss off a large percentage of your customers. I never heard of rtic before but I’ll definitely be a customer now.
The gun ban lobby has made lots of mistakes, but it has learned from its mistakes. These corperate attacks is an excellent strategy for them.

NRA approvals spiked down after Newton but then rose to record highs very shortly thereafter due to the idiotic laws proposed by Bloomberg's and Soros' groups.

They learned their lessons and now exploit a key relative weakness of supporters of the Second Amendment -- that modern gun ownership, for a very large proportion of modern, especially younger gun owners, is inherently confidential and private. This means that:
a) gun owners will not be marching, protesting, organizing social media boycotts or counter boycotts of companies opposed or considering unfriendly actions vis a vis the Second Amendment.
b) It means they can use bogus claims, such as the absurd claim only 30% of american homes have firearms, to make it seem like a less powerful population segment and in the US's ever segmented divisive "group" politics: "If you are not counted, you don't count."

The gun ban lobby KNOWS that half of gun owners, especially those whose only reason is self/home defense will tell a pollster they don't have a gun. It is as idiotic to tell someone calling or banging on your door that you have a gun in the homes as it is to tell them you have cash or jewelry in the home. But they get to claim gun ownership is lower than it is as a result (and get to then use that for bogus studies, and bogus extrapolations, like "3% of Americans own half of the guns in the US). Teh fac tis it is very lilkly that gun ownership is higher than ever, at 60% of the public.

The target of the gun ban lobby IS the NRA. They are specifically targeting the NRA national approvals of 58% in the 2015 Gallup poll. They want to drive it down. They want any kid who posts on social media passing a NRA safety class, or markship badge to be seen as a up and coming school shooter.

The various gun ban/gun control lobby fronts have also now rebranded themselves as "gun safety" organisations. The media is following suit by calling "mom's" and "Everytown" "gun safety organisations" even though they don't offer a single gun safety course.

Moreover the important thing to consider is these groups use different strategies, but they dont attack each other. I don't agree with NRA on a number of strategies. EG they did not help in Heller which was all about my basic civil rights an liberties. But I still support them strongly. It is suicidal for gun owners to attack the NRA, it needs our strongest support. The opposition has the benefit of being top down, so they have no internal dissonance/disagreements. They are employees of Bloomberg or soros. NRA is bottom up with five to six million members so lots of differences of opinion. Don't let the gun ban lobby win by exploiting that.

My oldest daughter "reminded" me that she's 18 and can take a gun safety class to get her FID "no matter what Mom says". The grabbers are NOT getting it done in my house. When she gets home from college in a few weeks she has a date at MFS waiting... And maybe she'll get an NRA membership while she's still in school. I wonder if the school wi-fi will block NRA-TV...

well I was looking for a new cooler, it will not be anything by yeti.

RTIC: Over Built - Not Over Priced

These are less than half the price of Yeti and work every bit as well. I have one of the 30 oz tumblers and I can leave a cup of ice water in my truck in July and its still cold and icy the next day.

Below is the reply from YETI to my e-mail.... So who is not telling the truth?

We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI.

told them as they no longer supported the NRA , they were no longer on my approved product list.

Looks like they have a email form reply, this came in response to my email:

A few weeks ago, YETI notified the NRA Foundation, as well as a number of other organizations, that we were eliminating a group of outdated discounting programs. When we notified the NRA Foundation and the other organizations of this change, YETI explained that we were offering them an alternative customization program broadly available to consumers and organizations, including the NRA Foundation. These facts directly contradict the inaccurate statement the NRA-ILA distributed on April 20.

Further, the NRA-ILA stated in that same public communication that "[YETI has] declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities." Nothing is further from the truth. YETI was founded more than 10 years ago with a passion for the outdoors, and over the course of our history we have actively and enthusiastically supported hunters, anglers and the broader outdoor community. We have been devoted to and will continue to directly support causes tied to our passion for the outdoors, including by working with many organizations that promote conservation and management of wildlife resources and habitat restoration. From our website to our film footage and from our social media posts to our ambassadors, YETI has always prominently featured hunters pursuing their passions. Moreover, YETI is unwavering in our belief in and commitment to the Constitution of the United States and its Second Amendment.

I received the same response from YETI. I haven't seen the notice that the NRA Foundation received, but this looks like backpedaling. Igloo looks like a good alternative.

"We're writing in response to your recent email inquiry.

Thanks for reaching out to YETI."

Below is the reply from YETI to my e-mail.... So who is not telling the truth?

I got exactly the same reply. So, they must have received enough disatisfied emails to generate a form letter. Interesting reply.

Back
Top Bottom