• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Yeti drops NRA

Very disappointed they started out in TX and moved production to f***ing China yet the prices didn’t come down.
Only own 2, 1/2 gallon thermoses and 2 tumblers for cocktails on the go.

Was looking at coolers and now glad I delayed on buying one.

No sweat off my sack, I couldn’t afford that product anyways. Plus the last time I saw one was in Dicks before Parkland (u can imagine the price there). Looks I’ll stick with my old fashioned interior stained Coleman coolers!!! Like Dan Akroid said in Dragnet, “it builds character”..

All these bandwagon jumpers don't seem to get the whole "I'm the NRA" thing. They must think it's some dark organization like the Umbrella Corp. or something.

Wouldn't pay 1/4 that much for a plastic box. Don't need to keep ice for 10 days, I only live 10 minutes from the ramp. It would sound the death knell for my "street cred" if I put a Saltlife sticker anywhere, the white framed Oakleys though.......well, looking good is key.

RTIC makes outstanding coolers. Have both the rotomolded and soft versions and wouldn’t part with them.

Yeti 2x the price and essentially the same thing. If you say otherwise you are being pretentious.

I sold our Yeti hopper 2 - 30 for the same price I bought it for (got it on sale) and bought 2 RTIC softpack 20's. The RTIC's are AWESOME.

I was thinking about getting a Yeti cooler for my coming trip into Maine towards the end of July... Now I'll look at RTIC and any others that perform the same (but pricing is much more budget friendly). I just want something that will keep things cold when inside the truck all day during the event. None of the coolers I currently have seem to be up to the task, not even the hard sided Igloo cooler. Considering how little insulation is actually inside those, I'm not that surprised.

FYI RTIC now makes a hard rifle case to compete with Pelican. Clearly they are going in the opposite direction from YETI.

This. I'll gladly spend my money on the RTIC knock offs. Just as good, half the price. f*** YETI. I'm their target demo, and they just lost me for life. I dont care if they change their minds or not. #neveragain

wondering if Yeti will stop supporting Ducks Unlimited bet more than 89% of their members are also NRA

for a roadie style cooler 20q RTIC , Sub Z Cooler, and even Walmart's Ozark trail all beat a yeti in price and they hold more , sub z can be had with cushion seat

Just sent via their website:

"In preparation for this summer I have been looking at new coolers, including Yeti models.

However I have heard that you have abruptly decided to sever ties with the NRA, an organization which I understand has faithfully supported you for a number of years. The NRA has been faithfully serving the sporting community for well over a hundred years. The NRA is the biggest provider of firearms safety instruction and shooting competitions, as well as being a huge supporter of police and military organizations.

Your craven capitulation to pressure from anti-gun organizations shows a lack of commitment to many of your best customers.

Please be assured that we are spreading the message of your abandonment of the NRA and the shooting community to as many people, organizations, and internet forums as possible. We can and will take our money to other, more steadfast companies."

Nice, borrowed and sent similar. Thanks.

Hi,
Just heard about your defection from the NRA. I'm sure you've gotten hundreds of calls and emails already,and my time is valuable to me even if my patronage isn't valuable to you, so I'll make this short and sweet. I'm done with your company. I've peeled your sticker from the back of my Jeep and replaced it with another pro-2a one.

Today (Sunday) is range day. On the way I'll stop at Walmart and buy an Ozark Trail cooler and fill it with lunch and drinks. Soda, because I'm a safe shooter. When I get to the range I'll get set up and put my first target out. Yup, you guessed it, my yeti cooler. First, Buffalo Bore hardcast out of my Super Redhawk 44mag. $2.50 round but worth it. Then a full STANDARD capacity (30 rounds for your millennial snowflake education) magazine out of my Windham AR. Last, as many rounds of 12ga 00 buck as it takes to finish destroying your cooler.

Good bye, good riddance.

A forever former customer.

Just sent them an email, but not quite as emotional, although it was very tempting. Thinking of selling my Yeti cooler and donating the money to the NRA. Before you blow your big $$ Cooler into pieces, this idea might have more of an effect.

If you do decide to blow it up, They still sell tannerite at Cabelas in Hartford.. :):cool:

and PLEASE post the video.....

My ozark trail tumbler from Walmart out performs my Yeti tumbler
Absolutely. I have the huge Ozark trail one for when I run plate shoots in the summer. Fill it with a large Ice coffee regular on the way to the club......still ice and coffee in it 4 hours later. Left mine in the truck overnight once in summer time.......6am next morning still full of ice. $15 at Walmart.

Yeti is over priced over marketed bullshit anyway. I could fund 3/4 of the cost of an ok handgun for the cost of one hard sided cooler. It's a cooler for crying out loud. I laugh every time I see those displays in the stores.

Last edited:
My grandfather always vouches for the cheap-o styrofoam coolers. Think he might be right, if you can even still find them.
Omg my grandfather had 5-6 of those sumbitches in the garage at any time. They were like 99 cents at market basket. Always took em fishing. If they broke he'd just get another one. They worked though.

Received last night:

"Thank you for taking a break from your adventures to reach out to YETI. Our normal business hours are Monday - Friday 8-5:30 CST. As soon as we are back in the office from our own adventures we will personally respond to your inquiry. We look forward to helping you!

The YETI Outfitters
YETI
[email protected]
yeti.com"

Back
Top Bottom