Yeti drops NRA

Alert: YETI Drops NRA Foundation
DATE:April 21, 2018
TO:USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.
https://www.yeti.com/contact-us.html

YETI
CORPORATE OFFICE
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735
1-512-394-9384

they use to be a sponsor on ted nugent's spirit of the wild show. haven't heard them mentioned there recently either now that i think of it. screw 'em, i can't afford their products anyway.

This was a mistake. I can see a lot of stickers being taken off when this news gets around. Thankfully with the mold release used in manufacturing they come right off.

+1 on the Bubba mug, I have a 34 oz one that tapers to fit in a cup holder. With a few 2" ice cubes which melt slower than small cubes I can fill it in the morning and it'll still be icy in the afternoon.

I'm guessing a no nothing 20 something MBA from the Ivy League firmly in a liberal gentry bubble with zero familiarity of Yeti's principle cohort of customers made this suicidal blunder.

I have numerous Yeti tumblers and just bought some soft coolers which are awesome but I just wrote them a pointed letter and will not be purchasing anything new unless something changes.

Just sent via their website:

"In preparation for this summer I have been looking at new coolers, including Yeti models.

However I have heard that you have abruptly decided to sever ties with the NRA, an organization which I understand has faithfully supported you for a number of years. The NRA has been faithfully serving the sporting community for well over a hundred years. The NRA is the biggest provider of firearms safety instruction and shooting competitions, as well as being a huge supporter of police and military organizations.

Your craven capitulation to pressure from anti-gun organizations shows a lack of commitment to many of your best customers.

Please be assured that we are spreading the message of your abandonment of the NRA and the shooting community to as many people, organizations, and internet forums as possible. We can and will take our money to other, more steadfast companies."

RTIC makes outstanding coolers. Have both the rotomolded and soft versions and wouldn’t part with them.

Yeti 2x the price and essentially the same thing. If you say otherwise you are being pretentious.

I never understood the logic of caving in to pressure from the people least likely to buy anything from you.
Oh well, I guess Ron White was right , you can't fix stupid.
But you can buy something from their competitors instead.

I never understood the logic of caving in to pressure from the people least likely to buy anything from you.
Oh well, I guess Ron White was right , you can't fix stupid.
But you can buy something from their competitors instead.

It'd be one thing if they came out and said "this isnt political BS, but we can't afford it anymore" .... but it smells like political BS.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom