Yet another gun safety lesson gone wrong...

no sh*t. I wonder if this guy had just seen Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I'm serious. There was an episode just a few weeks ago where Lt. Goren is bluffing with a gun and then in the end to prove it wasn't loaded, he puts it up to his head and pulled the trigger. I cringed and said to my wife- "That's not good, why the F**K are they showing dumb sh*t like that on prime time TV????"

Just searched online, the episode was "All In" and here's the money shot I was talking about:

all_in_goren_with_gun_2.jpg

Stupid is as stupid does - sad he had to die to do it, but he created a teaching point/example for the rest of us who aren't idiots.

I find the comments about "Gun Ownership Advocates are Uneducated" both interesting and very upsetting.

I can't talk of statistics because I honestly don't know them, but the statement was "All" so a single educated gun ownership advocate disproves the theory.

I have both a BS and MS in Electrical Engineering with a minor in English
I have recieved a "Member, Group Technical Staff" election from my company (recognizes the top 15% of world wide technical talent in a company of roughly 26,000 employees)
I have volunteered at a local highschool Robotic's team for the past 7 years

I have written published technical articles, appears in technical pod casts and travel around the world providing customer training on technical design concepts for the company I work for.

I find it hard to believe any reasonable person would deem me "Uneducated" and I am a strong advocate of Gun Ownership rights and the right to self-defense.

In addition, a recent survey determined that Gun Owners have a higher than average per capita income than the general population (and thus non-gun owners) within the united states. While there is some debate on the meaning of that result, it would certainly suggest that gun owners aren't the "ignorant, uneducated, unwashed masses" as some would like to paint us.

So.... no one thinks this was a homicide? I mean, I know there aren't enough details in the article to judge either way... but c'mon... [smile]

I know there are seriously stupid people that would actually put a gun up to their head and pull the trigger to show that the gun is unloaded........... but I'm going to go with the wife wanted him dead... shot him in the head... and made up the ironic story of him trying to teach her firearms safety.

[grin]

Is this a new safety trick that I missed somewhere? What the heck was she letting him do such a dumb*ss thing in the first place. She should have called the police on this wack job and he would have been in a psych ward for eval.

After reading through all the comments, the last one pi**ed me off the most. Not only are we right-wing extremist...uneducated...terrorist...racist...etc but we're also now NAZI's for our "Darwin gene pool comments"!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!!!! [angry]

There you go again, trying to drag rational argument into an emotional sob-fest/rant. [wink] I can't find it right now, but there was a thread around here a while back with a poll asking for members' highest level of education. Several with a PhD or MD, quite a few with an MA/MS, probably the majority with a BA/BS. All-in-all, definitely an uneducated bunch of pig-ignorant, unwashed yahoos.

Ken

How annoying that they don't say what gun was used to shoot the guy.

Though they picture a revolver (with the hint of "Russian Roulette"), I'll bet it was a semi-automatic with the magazine dropped out.

Just makes you cringe. Never do that. Period. No reason for it, ever.

I'll bet the blood test shows a considerable BAC, too.

I feel robbed. I paid $75 for my firearms safety class when I got my LTC and they never covered this technique. Does anyone know who teaches this? I am very interested in learning it. (insert sarcastic eye roll here)

Its hard to feel bad for stupidity

Back
Top Bottom