Would this be considered impersonating a police officer.

I want to put the words 'POLICE STATE' on the back of my car. I'm not sure if this is something that would fly around MA though. I think it would go good with my nra/goal/dtom stickers.

Go for it,don't let the man keep you down from expressing your beliefs.

I wouldnt want to risk my LTC, but 'the man' needs to be challenged. Cards are stacked against us, speak up get in trouble. Dont speak up, things get worse. I think I'll check into making a bumper sticker.

I wouldnt want to risk my LTC, but 'the man' needs to be challenged. Cards are stacked against us, speak up get in trouble. Dont speak up, things get worse. I think I'll check into making a bumper sticker.

I don't disagree with your premise, but just how is a bumper sticker going to really change anything? It might make you feel good, but that's about it. It's not going to win hearts and minds.

I believe in Mass that you actually have to be doing an act that could be contrived as impersonating a police officer to be violating the law. When I worked for this one security company, our outfits were very police like. When I brought it up they told me that you can go down to Trippi's in Shrewsbury, have a uniform done up exactly like like Leominster PD, go stand on the corner of Main Street, but as long as you don't say or do anything to make yourself a police officer you're fine with the law. Now, that was what I was told and I can't verify it with MGL. Also, what the law reads and how LEOs will interpret it are sometimes different as well.

I don't disagree with your premise, but just how is a bumper sticker going to really change anything? It might make you feel good, but that's about it. It's not going to win hearts and minds.

A bumper sticker isn't going to change anything. Just like me going to DC for SAF protest didnt really change anything, but I did it anyways. If anything it will just piss off a liberal. Like I said I have other stickers on my car, that I dont think will win any hearts and minds. I have them because I like them.

A State Police passed me the other day, speeding nonetheless and I just thought wow they should really swap the words on the back. Thats where I got the idea.

As for it bringing you any problems, I don't think the police much care what your bumper sticker(s) say, they do have jobs to do and many other things to worry about. Most have far too thick a skin to give a crap what anybodies bumper sticker says.

In some places and in some jurisdictions, an NRA sticker will invite unwanted traffic stops. I have personally seen LE advisories regarding certain types of bumper stickers and window decals and what they might represent. My experience is that the police do look at bumper stickers and act accordingly.

Sometimes it gets very boring at 2am [hmmm]...Mass police are not necessarily synonymous with the freedom hating moonbats that make our laws, but they can be...in general I think it is becoming increasingly difficult to make generalizations about the police, other than there appears to be a widening gap between law enforcement and the general citizenry.

My humble opinion on that is that you might get in trouble. Personally I support your idea. But there is an old pro-verb which says something like: People have government (authority) they deserve. Doing nothing is doing wrong thing. However, perhaps you should register some sort of a NGO and use internet, media, meeting ect., to raise the awareness of the public about the issue. And try to give the good arguments, against having police state. That would help much more, and it would also provide you protection against possible cop's revenge! Fighting system is always best done from within!

I believe in Mass that you actually have to be doing an act that could be contrived as impersonating a police officer to be violating the law. When I worked for this one security company, our outfits were very police like. When I brought it up they told me that you can go down to Trippi's in Shrewsbury, have a uniform done up exactly like like Leominster PD, go stand on the corner of Main Street, but as long as you don't say or do anything to make yourself a police officer you're fine with the law. Now, that was what I was told and I can't verify it with MGL. Also, what the law reads and how LEOs will interpret it are sometimes different as well.

This is correct. You have to do something to hold yourself out as a cop. Having that bumper sticker is fine (just don't start flashing lights and try pulling people over :) )

You should also realize that 98% of the people that read the sticker actually want a police state.

Yeah, given the above mind-set and the sticker you describe in the OP, you might be indicating your support of the MA Police State.
Might want to have a red X through it or something.

That said, I refuse to do any bumper stickers and have peeled them off pre-owned cars in the past. I don't want anybody to know anything about me except that I drive a boring Honda Accord.

I don't understand how putting that bumper sticker on your car would accomplish anything, other than irritate a cop who has pulled you over for a traffic violation and is now deciding whether to give you a warning or a ticket.

You shouldn't need police permission to exercise 1A, but since your Chiefs already have the power to deny you 2A, I wouldn't put a MA cop arresting you for it out of the realm of possibility. However, like Gonzo said, you'll just prove the point. If you've got the balls to stand up for yourself and your rights, do it.

To respond to the OP, you actually need to be impersonating the actual officer--inPERSONation.

I believe there's little case law on the issue, but I once had a call where some woman was pulling people over with a blinking blue wand her kid got at the fair, only to pull up to the motorist with a "f^*+ you" out the window. We could only charge her with a blue light violation since she never impersonated the officer, she only lead them to believe a police car was behind them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom