• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Windham Weaponry Shipping Rates

https://www.windhamweaponry.com/shipping.asp

I just needed to see if I am way off base with my belief that Windham Weaponry's shipping rates are a little excessive. I purchased a Bolt Carrier Group for 135 and they are charging me about 15 bucks for shipping. That seems more than a little excessive since I believe I shipped a whole firearm for less than that through UPS. I might be able to understand if it were in the southeast somewhere, but this is Massachusetts not that far from Maine.

What do you guys think?

Ordered some items from them recently, I didn't think their shipping rates were out of the normal. But then again, I don't like the wait, so I usually choose the more expensive 2nd day option anyway.

But let me get this straight. You found a BCG IN STOCK and now you're bitching about shipping?

[smile]

Suck it up Sally. Skip the Big Mac, large fry and diet Coke for the day.

LOL

Their shipping model is tied to the order cost - which is the part I would have a problem with. A gold plated BCG will cost more to ship than the spray painted one.

I never liked this way of doing business because it doesn't track the true cost of shipping, it can screw either side of the transaction. Shipping heavy items like bullets cost more to ship, but Windham will charge you the same shipping if you spend $150...

That said, I ordered the same BCG and didn't think much about the shipping cost since I haven't even been able to find a BCG from anyone else!!!

Yes their shipping rates are a little high and like stated above apparently tied to product cost not weight or dimensions, at least in the smaller boxes. I have placed 3 orders with them in the last 2 weeks and am pretty happy with the response to questions, fast shipping etc. Overall I know I will be using them again.

Shipping also has a handling charge in it. They have to pay for packaging and someone to pack it and get it ready. I'm sure they make a little on it too.

this.
i've seen companies hiring 'shipping contractors' whom they don't pay a cent but those 'contractors' get a cut from every item that ships. when you see company charging handling fee on shipping that most likely what it is. they either pay their own shipper's salary out of this fee or hire complete stranger (reputable legit company) to do their shipping for them all the need to do is to send electronic invoice to them. sportsman's guide has perfected this practice over the years, to the point that they maintain separate inventories in different locations and all that operated by outside folks. they do however have very rigid point-based reward/punishment system that they employ to minimize mistakes.
i think amazon does it too or very similarly

Last edited:
10 minutes ago I ordered some sanding disks from MSC.
(less than 2 lbs.
They cost $35.00 & the shipping was 10.95.

Even though the price of fuel has dropped, the shippers are charging through the nose!

I ordered my BCG from them and it was delivered in less than a week! I was so happy to get it the shipping charges seemed secondary to me. Just like stated above I found them to be very forthright and accomodating.

I ordered my BCG from them and it was delivered in less than a week! I was so happy to get it the shipping charges seemed secondary to me. Just like stated above I found them to be very forthright and accomodating.

I ordered it more than 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. I emailed them a day or two ago to get an expected date because I will be going out of town for about a week and I didn't want it to be delivered while I was gone. I have heard nothing at all back from them.

They just responded to my message telling me they are 30-60 days out and that they do not ship m16 bcg to MA. They did ask if I wanted the AR15 bcg, but I haven't decided how I want to respond to that email yet. I would like to find out if there is someone that I could speak with to review that policy.

I ordered Windham Weaponry Online - Skeleton Stock Kit for AR15 / M16 this and just received it today. It's MISSING all the mounting hardware, the sling mount, and the buttpad. ****ing unbelievable, and due to their office hours I have to call them while I'm at work. Do what you want but I'm not ordering from them again.
They have always gotten right back to me, usually within the hour, via email. Have you tried that? I hate hearing people had a bad experience, they have always bent over backward to help me.

Gee, I ordered an upper from them on February 7th. Still waiting....
Ordered complete upper mid Jan. Got it May 2.

They have always gotten right back to me, usually within the hour, via email. Have you tried that? I hate hearing people had a bad experience, they have always bent over backward to help me.

I called them on Thursday, spoke with someone who said they would ship me the missing parts ASAP. We'll see what happens.

I just emailed the gentleman who emailed me back asking where I could find that policy on their website as well as who I should speak with to encourage them to revise that policy as I see nothing in Mass law that would not allow me to use an M16 BCG in a fully compliant AR15.

If there is something that I missed that makes sense with why they are not shipping me that item then please let me know NES.

I could understand, more so, a blanket policy against shipping things into Mass, but a pick and choose policy does not make sense.

If they can ship me an AR15 BCG why not a M16 BCG?

I just emailed the gentleman who emailed me back asking where I could find that policy on their website as well as who I should speak with to encourage them to revise that policy as I see nothing in Mass law that would not allow me to use an M16 BCG in a fully compliant AR15.

If there is something that I missed that makes sense with why they are not shipping me that item then please let me know NES.

I could understand, more so, a blanket policy against shipping things into Mass, but a pick and choose policy does not make sense.

If they can ship me an AR15 BCG why not a M16 BCG?

It may be good to point out that converting a semi automatic rifle to full auto is ilegal in all 50 states. So if they ship to one, they should ship to all. Additionally, while MA bans certain cosmetic features on firearms manufactured after September 13, 1994 it does not outright ban machine guns. Granted, MG licenses are hard to come by, but they are issued. Also the m-16 BCGs that Windham ships come with a letter from the BATFE stating that a BCG on its own does not make a MG.

Last edited:
It may be good to point out that converting a semi automatic rifle to full auto is ilegal in all 50 states. So if they ship to one, they should ship to all. Additionally, while MA bans certain cosmetic features on firearms manufactured after September 13, 1994 it does not outright ban machine guns. Granted, MG licenses are hard to come by, but they are issued. Also the m-16 BCGs that Windham ships come with a letter from the BATFE stating that a BCG on its own does not make a MG.

That is good to know. I am still waiting for a response from the gentleman that had contacted me. I know some people said that they normally get responses within an hour or two, but I have to say I have not had that kind of an experience. Usually it takes them a few days to get back to me.
My other major issue with this is that it was not posted on their website anywhere that I saw. Do not allow me to order something and wait a few weeks and then only inform me that you do not sell that to my state after I ask you a question. They should be reviewing the orders when they come in and informing customers quickly if that is their unwritten policy. I do not agree with the policy, but if they have that policy at least inform people right when they purchase an item. This would allow them to make decisions not wait weeks to hear about an unwritten policy and then have to make a decision of whether or not to purchase elsewhere.

That is good to know. I am still waiting for a response from the gentleman that had contacted me. I know some people said that they normally get responses within an hour or two, but I have to say I have not had that kind of an experience. Usually it takes them a few days to get back to me.
My other major issue with this is that it was not posted on their website anywhere that I saw. Do not allow me to order something and wait a few weeks and then only inform me that you do not sell that to my state after I ask you a question. They should be reviewing the orders when they come in and informing customers quickly if that is their unwritten policy. I do not agree with the policy, but if they have that policy at least inform people right when they purchase an item. This would allow them to make decisions not wait weeks to hear about an unwritten policy and then have to make a decision of whether or not to purchase elsewhere.

I should clarify, they used to be very fast with responses. When I was there in March, they told me they have been overwhelmed, as everyone has. You make a good point, there are items on their website, standard mags, .22 lr conversion kits with >10 mags that clearly state no ma, nj, ny, ca sales etc... They should atleast be consistant.
There really is no logical reason FA BCGs dont get shipped to PRM. They are actually cheaper (less machining) to make.

Just heard that they updated their policy.
Just picked one up from Windham,
the first email from them yesterday:
[FONT=&amp]I regret to inform you, our company policy is not to sell/ship any machine gun parts to non-FFL holders in states with AR bans. I can ship the AR version of the carrier, if that is acceptable.

Then this today:
[/FONT]Our company policy was updated today and We will ship M16 carriers to MA. I will enter your order as written.
I apologize for the confusion this may have caused.

Back
Top Bottom