who wants to adopt me?

just got the executive order today from the parentals...no more guns or ammo or magazines or tactical equipment!!!

"this house is turning into something it shouldnt be!"

sorry mom and dad...guess i shouldnt tell you about the ps90 and the 2 ak's im picking up this week...or the 2 ars and hk pistol im getting next week huh?[rofl]

ok...the time has come...i need better hiding spots

just got the executive order today from the parentals...no more guns or ammo or magazines or tactical equipment!!!

sorry mom and dad...guess i shouldnt tell you about the ps90 and the 2 ak's im picking up this week...or the 2 ars and hk pistol im getting next week huh?[rofl]

I know what your saying. My parents told me the same last week. “you need to start saving for books and a lap top,” “what do you need all that ammo for,” Girlfriend said: “Wont the cops get mad if you buy all that ammo” after buying 250 rounds of .233 from cabalas.

O well, I have learned to bring NEW toys and stuff into the house after houses or when they are at work. No I need to find a way to bring in a new safe…
[smile]

Sounds like time for baby bird to get pushed out of the nest.

Remember, while the fear of guns is illogical, your parents have earned the right to live their lives the way they choose. If they have hit their comfort limit, and you have that much to spend on guns, you can probably afford an appartment too.

Besides... having your own place improves your love life X1000

My mom never let us have guns in the house. I haven't lived under her roof for many years now, so she has no say. But I do have to sneak my poor dad out to the range every once in a while [laugh]

It seems like you are working and making good money...enough to spend it on some nice guns.

Word of advice.
Save some money and buy a small condo somewhere for maybe 100k. Acton?

You can save 10k for a down payment and have a mortgage payment of about 800 bucks. Your own place. Building equity. Roughly what you would pay in rent to someone else.

You'd be much better off not buying the guns you just listed. That is half of a down payment!!!!

There will always be another gun you want, another gun to collect. Owning property makes you money over time. The earlier you start, the richer you will be. You can never take back time.

Spending your money on guns before retirement and houses will make you a poor man with a good gun collection and no money for ammo.
Spending your money on your retirement and real estate will make you a rich man, with a trophy wife, nice cars, with a great gun collection in every trunk.

I know I sound like I'm 50 years old and an old fart. But I am 27. I spent all my money on cars (Maybe 80k over 3-4 years) when I should have been buying houses. I regret it every day even though I have helped build some very beastly cars (currently a 650whp Lexus). The money I've spent on cars would have put me in a MUCH better place today, and with the ability to buy many more guns that I have today had I done things differently.

Take a look at the amount of money that you have sitting in those safes.
Now imagine owning your own condo while all your friends are still working at Jiffy Lube and paying $1000 in rent to some landlord that just collects money from them every month. Wouldn't you want to be the landlord/condo owner?

If you seem at all interested in making money this way, and owning a home is a concept you've never thought of before, PM me and we'll talk.

Last edited:
Save some money and buy a small condo somewhere for maybe 100k. Acton?

I recommend against a Condo...if you do...get on the condo association board...and make sure no anti-2a rules are passed. I've heard stories of people living in a condo and all the sudden they come home and the new rules state, "No semi-autos, no more than 100 rounds of ammo on condo premises," etc.

I recommend against a Condo...if you do...get on the condo association board...and make sure no anti-2a rules are passed. I've heard stories of people living in a condo and all the sudden they come home and the new rules state, "No semi-autos, no more than 100 rounds of ammo on condo premises," etc.

True, but the point is really the real estate purchase more than the condo.
Plus who cares what the condo association rules are against firearms.
If you live in MA, you won't be walking around with rifles and handguns stickin out of your back pocket. No one will know. You're not breaking any laws.

Sounds like its time to cut the cord and be a big boy (smile)

+1.
cabin + woods sounds good: Just don't go writing any manifestos. [smile]

You think sneaking stuff past your parents is bad, wait till you have to sneak it past a wife.[rofl] All joking aside, I recomend the same as everyone else, start saving for a down payment on something.

time to move boy, how old are you?
I agree with the concensus...real estate! Personaly I'd grab a 2-3 family in Haverhill, have the tenants pay the mortgage for me!!

ditto on the love life increasing x1000 tough getting laid and your honey screaming 'OH Henry!" all night, and you trying to convince mom the next day, that the babe liked candy bars!

I have a bit of a different perspective. Although I'm pro 2nd. I won't let my 18 year old stepson bring any guns into our house. Hypocrite or not, it's my house my rules. If he doesn't like it he can find a new place to hang his hat. My concern it that he is a bit immature for his age and I don't trust that he would store them properly. I also have my 1 year old son in the house, so I have to think about what he may have access to.

I'd say if your parents don't want any more guns in THEIR house you should respect their wishes. Since they pay the bills they get to make the rules. If you want to live by your own set of rules you need to get out and pay your own way.

Blood Hound,
My perspective isn't from the "my god you're X age and still living with your parents"

It's from a perspective of "Never rent" if at all possible and build your wealth early.

People don't just end up rich. They make their way by thinking ahead.

My god I sound like a self-help a**h***.

Blood Hound,
My perspective isn't from the "my god you're X age and still living with your parents"

It's from a perspective of "Never rent" if at all possible and build your wealth early.

People don't just end up rich. They make their way by thinking ahead.

My god I sound like a self-help a**h***.

if you have the KEY to getting rich you can send it my way[smile]

+1.
cabin + woods sounds good: Just don't go writing any manifestos. [smile]

what's wrong with writing manifestos? [/twich] [/twich]

Seriously though: MOVE OUT!

I'm one of those that got out of the house as soon as humanly possible. I don't understand the current trend of continuing to stay at home past you're expiration date. Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom