• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who wants to buy Montana Gold ?

They hoping the Czechoslovak Group will buy them like they did with Vista Outdoors?

I bought some of their products years ago. They made a good plinking product for a fair price.

I checked their website to see what's for sale and didn't see anything in stock. So it feels like they are shut down now.

I think since the advent of coated bullets their sales have decreased.
This crossed my mind also. The market is saturated with bullet companies. However there’s other jacketed/plated bullet companies doing well and not closing up shop. So I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nature abhors a vacuum:

I stayed the night in Glendive nearly 20 years ago. It's just west of the N. Dakota border on I-94. Used to be a big Burlington Northern RR town with repair facilities, etc. but a lot of those jobs had gone away when I passed through. I'm sure they'll welcome the jobs.

This crossed my mind also. The market is saturated with bullet companies. However there’s other jacketed/plated bullet companies doing well and not closing up shop. So I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️
Define doing well.

Are they doing well enough to be able to invest $16M and get a good return?

Years ago I was in Zortman, MT hunting. The place is good for gold miners and not much else. Some old timer came into the cafe (where EVERYTHING tasted alike. Toast, coffee, eggs, hamburger, spaghetti. EXACT same flavor in it all.) and had a 1/4oz nugget in a glass bottle.

"How many of those do you find a season?"

"Oh, you could go your whole life and never see one."

This was back when gold was $300/oz. LOL. I'm sure he was getting flakes, but damn.

I'll pass on Montana gold. I saw it in action - there ain't much. LOL

Sitting on thousands of bullets from them. They had the best prices I could find back in the day. Too bad they could not weather the storm…

Define doing well.

Are they doing well enough to be able to invest $16M and get a good return?
I guess I should have said there are other jacketed/plated bullet companies that are still in business. I don’t know their finances.

Sitting on thousands of bullets from them. They had the best prices I could find back in the day. Too bad they could not weather the storm…
This is not necessarily a business failure. It could be that the owners find the prospect of living off the investment returns from the sale more appealing than working.

This is not necessarily a business failure. It could be that the owners find the prospect of living off the investment returns from the sale more appealing than working.
Yeah they’ve been around for awhile so the owners may be up there in age and want to cash out?

$16M is the asking price. The actual sale is likely to be several $M lower.
Still. Let's call it $10M.

So you need to either have the money or some way to finance it or whatever you work out.

And you need to have the money for operational expenses.

They always seem to be low on inventory or not have sufficient quantity of product. It was always the case where you needed to logon early in the morning and try to NAB whatever was there. Perhaps they needed to recapitalize or expand and the owners just wanted to cash out instead of reinvesting More money into capital improvements. Hard to say.

I bought some of their products years ago. They made a good plinking product for a fair price.

I checked their website to see what's for sale and didn't see anything in stock. So it feels like they are shut down now.
I haven't checked in quite some time as in recent years it seemed they were always oos

They always seem to be low on inventory or not have sufficient quantity of product. It was always the case where you needed to logon early in the morning and try to NAB whatever was there. Perhaps they needed to recapitalize or expand and the owners just wanted to cash out instead of reinvesting More money into capital improvements. Hard to say.
This has only been since covid. Prior to that I never had any trouble buying their bullets. They make a great pistol bullet at a very good price for a jacketed bullet. I tried a lot of coated bullets during covid, but don’t care for them. Now I’ll need to start looking for another bullet supplier unless they start producing again under new ownership.

This has only been since covid. Prior to that I never had any trouble buying their bullets. They make a great pistol bullet at a very good price for a jacketed bullet. I tried a lot of coated bullets during covid, but don’t care for them. Now I’ll need to start looking for another bullet supplier unless they start producing again under new ownership.
I used to reload their 44 cal bullets but it’s probably been almost 10 years since they had them in stock. Now I use Zero bullets.
Not sure which caliber you’re reloading but Zero makes bullets in all the common pistol calibers.

I used to reload their 44 cal bullets but it’s probably been almost 10 years since they had them in stock. Now I use Zero bullets.
Not sure which caliber you’re reloading but Zero makes bullets in all the common pistol calibers.
Yeah, I shot a lot of Zero’s back when I was shooting a lot of 45acp. That was a while ago. Whenever I was looking, the MG’s were cheaper than Zero, so that’s what I got. I don’t remember if I ever found quality jacketed bullets cheaper than MG.

I have a few bags of 38spl. in in assorted weights. Some FMJ and some JHP. I got them a long time ago when someone threw them on the table at the club with a sign next to them saying they were free. I think they must have been free samples or something because the bags all contain only 30 bullets.

I loved their 45acp 200 gr flat point. It’s a 185gr jhp with lead filled cavity. Probably have a few hundred left.

Will buy any extra you guys have on hand.

Back
Top Bottom