Who took advantage of tax free weekend? What firearms did you buy?

GF is adding a 16' x 14' room to the house. We went to Pieroway's in W.Springfield and bought a queen sleeper sofa and a reclining leather chair, about $2200.0. Then to the flooring store for the flooring about $1100.0. I bought a Sony 46" HDTV from the BX online for $569.0 but I don't pay taxes on purchases from AAFES. Such a deal.

What kind did you get??? photo?

I went looking for a sxs this weekend but didn't find anything I liked.

It's a Savage 12 gauge. Never thought I would want one but when I held it I had to buy it. Noticed minor pitting but who cares.

photo-2_zpsbd62ca35.jpg

It's a Savage 12 gauge. Never thought I would want one but when I held it I had to buy it. Noticed minor pitting but who cares.

Nice. Yeah, that's best thing about used guns which are "pre-pitted"--so you don't feel bad when you don't clean it.

Does it have chokes? I'm torn between finding something new with replaceable chokes or getting an old shotty with patina. I like them old shotguns but I already have an O/U with fixed chokes that I can't hit anything with. I need to spend some time patterning it but even then with the fixed choke I'm not sure what to do with it from that point on.

Picked up my first rifle, a S&W ORC with magpul flip up sights and couple hundred rds of 5.56

Efff MA. When I need "bulk" I head to NH. MA will sure collect every fee and tax on guns and related paraphernelia but then try to take them from us too...can't have your cake boys...

Nice. Yeah, that's best thing about used guns which are "pre-pitted"--so you don't feel bad when you don't clean it.

Does it have chokes? I'm torn between finding something new with replaceable chokes or getting an old shotty with patina. I like them old shotguns but I already have an O/U with fixed chokes that I can't hit anything with. I need to spend some time patterning it but even then with the fixed choke I'm not sure what to do with it from that point on.

No chokes in this gun. The only modifications I was thinking of making were to chop down the barrel to 20 inches and maybe cerakote it black. But I doubt that will ever happen because I like the way it looks now.

Bought a LR 308T DPMS. Total failure to feed every time. Chamber first round, boom, bolt binds up on next round. Different mag. Same thing. Brand new Rifle. Back at store as I type. It is amazing the patience I have in my old age as I don't even care. I'll just shoot something else like my trusty Fed Ord pre-ban M1A, which has never failed in the 25 years I've had it. This will work out OK sooner or later. [thinking]

Bought a bunch of ammo........in NH.

First I went to Acme (No 9mm or .22lr)
Then Shooter's Outpost (No 9mm or .22lr)
The Riley's (i know, i know they can FOAD but I needed ammo aaaaaaand they had no 9mm or .22lr)
KTP ((No 9mm or .22lr))
Then to Stateline in Plaistow (No 9mm or .22lr)

Ended up with a few hundred rounds of 5.56 [crying]

Bought a LR 308T DPMS. Total failure to feed every time. Chamber first round, boom, bolt binds up on next round. Different mag. Same thing. Brand new Rifle. Back at store as I type. It is amazing the patience I have in my old age as I don't even care. I'll just shoot something else like my trusty Fed Ord pre-ban M1A, which has never failed in the 25 years I've had it. This will work out OK sooner or later. [thinking]

I built my DPMS LR-308 from parts and a stripped lower and upper. I've never had issues with it feeding or extracting, but I find the tolerances are very tight and it requires generous amounts of CLP during break-in. Not saying that's the issue with your rifle, just something I found with my DPMS build. Dripping wet with CLP until properly broken in...

The Riley's (i know, i know they can FOAD but I needed ammo aaaaaaand they had no 9mm or .22lr)
KTP ((No 9mm or .22lr))

Four Seasons and MFS both have plenty of 9mm, albeit more expensive than Shooter's or Riley's, who have had none of late.

KTP ((No 9mm or .22lr))

Should have gone Collectible in Merrimack

I built my DPMS LR-308 from parts and a stripped lower and upper. I've never had issues with it feeding or extracting, but I find the tolerances are very tight and it requires generous amounts of CLP during break-in. Not saying that's the issue with your rifle, just something I found with my DPMS build. Dripping wet with CLP until properly broken in...

I noticed the tightness as well. I am going to shoot some NATO stuff thru it and see what happens. I don't think the bolt is going back far enough to strip the next round. Maybe the higher pressures will "loosen her up". Thanks.

Try Sakonnet River Outfitters in Tiverton, RI on Main Rd. Was there a couple of week ago, they had almost every Magpul accessory there.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I will deal, lol.

These guys seem to be good kids... Have been saying they are putting together a weekly 3 gun shoot for a while Hope its soon... It will be the only 3 Gun that I know of in the area

Back
Top Bottom