• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who took advantage of tax free weekend? What firearms did you buy?

Nothing here either [frown], and I live in MA.[frown][sad] I did try. I drove 250 miles across the state visiting 10 gun shops. That part was fun but I did not find anything on my firearm list of wants. And yes, I considered ordering but the prices were a little high. It bothers me that Bass Pro was 11% less than the best LGS price I could find and there was no wiggle room. I should have just stopped at BP--shunned it to drive to the next LGS.) I would have paid a little more to leave with a rifle. But, pay more, wait a week and spend another three hours driving around next weekend to bring it home just was not going to happen.

Instead, I worked up some loads to try when my CMP Garand arrives... This waiting thing is getting old.[sad]

Woo suck about all the driving. Better luck next time [smile]

I suggested to my wife that we could potentially shop down in MA because it's tax free weekend. She replied "Heck no I don't want to spend my money in that state" lol

Try Sakonnet River Outfitters in Tiverton, RI on Main Rd. Was there a couple of week ago, they had almost every Magpul accessory there.
I hadn't heard of this place until yesterday. I spoke with a customer in D&L for a while and he mentioned them also. I definitely have to check this place out.

I saved about $260 by buying stuff (nothing gun related) this weekend. However, all of it would have been purchased anyway and I would have had to purchase it all in MA regardless.

I talked to the owners of both places and both said that these tax free weekends don't do much of anything to increase sales overall. All they do is drive customers to shift the purchase to that weekend, which results in that weekend being busy and the surrounding weekends being slow. So, as usual, a stupid idea of MA legislators is stupid.

Ruger SR22 (first gun [banana]) from Guns and Gear in Agawam. No ammo of course, but eventually I'll get lucky and get my hands on some. The state already takes away far too much money away so it was good to keep some away from them.

I went in and payed up on my M&P 9 compact today, I had put down 500 so all I owed was 9 bucks with no sales tax, now all I need is my license and I can get it ~ hahahaha

Tim ~ [grin]

I WAS looking for some ammo, but came up empty. Got some lumber for a picnic table, a 2 pack of smoke detectors, electrical switches, pool chemicals, and paper goods. Just stuff I'd buy anyhow, which stores well, and figured I'd save a couple bucks buying them now. I kind of need tires, but will wait until Fall, and hit NH then.

Did well enough to keep over $70.00 that otherwise would have gone to this miserable corrupt nanny state without standing in any line for more than 5 minutes. [cheers]

Woo suck about all the driving. Better luck next time [smile]

It was a nice day to visit a bunch of shops that I have not been to yet. I started on the east coast in the am and finished in the west in the evening so I never had to sit in traffic.

If that is the exact rifle you purchased have you seen an black helicopters following you around?

LOL--I did see three green helicopters in the air near Quincy--I assumed it was O et al heading to the cape but apparently it was just Bo...
First dog Bo is airlifted to Obama holiday home - Telegraph

Found an expensive box of .22lr, bought a 10/22 takedown for my daughter, and a PM9 for me.

F*ck assachusetts and their welfare state confiscatory taxes.

You have to PAY us for the right to purchase anything we deem appropriate to tax. F^CK THEM!

Back
Top Bottom