• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who took advantage of tax free weekend? What firearms did you buy?

S&W 500 and some 440 grain Corbon (till my dies on back-order arrive next month). Shot it today, was surprised how light the trigger is.

Nothing! HAHAHAHA......I live in NH, so I don't have to grovel and be beholden to the political hacks "allowing" you not to pay taxes on a product.[rofl]

Picked up a pre-owned Arsenal AK74 via FFL transfer from another NESer, so screw MA and screw their tax-free weekend. Bought 5.45x39 in bulk up in NH for relatively cheap, too. This state and it's tax collections can suck it.

Nothing here either [frown], and I live in MA.[frown][sad] I did try. I drove 250 miles across the state visiting 10 gun shops. That part was fun but I did not find anything on my firearm list of wants. And yes, I considered ordering but the prices were a little high. It bothers me that Bass Pro was 11% less than the best LGS price I could find and there was no wiggle room. I should have just stopped at BP--shunned it to drive to the next LGS.) I would have paid a little more to leave with a rifle. But, pay more, wait a week and spend another three hours driving around next weekend to bring it home just was not going to happen.

Instead, I worked up some loads to try when my CMP Garand arrives... This waiting thing is getting old.[sad]

I picked up a 2nd gen Colt 1860 Army to go with the 1st gen (1861 manufacture). ...thinking about converting the old beat one over to belt feed.

No firearms, but our fridge died this morning. Went to sears, picked one up, on sale, plus 20% off, plus no sales tax. Not a planned purchase, but the timing was perfect

sent via carrier pigeon from a secret squirrel camp

Had a monster trip to the grocery store. Should be stocked up for the next 2-3 weeks! I love tax free weekend!

This is what I bought at Zero Hour. My biggest purchase yet. My new baby! Barrett M99.

i74o5z.jpg
[/IMG]

Oh man I almost bought that Barrett!! I really wanted a magazine fed one though. Ending walking out with a Scar 16 and Scar 17.

Bought my son a new mountain bike. Tried to buy a Ruger Gunsite Scout but walked out empty handed.

Last edited:
I went to a few stores looking for a magpul stock but with no luck. Ended up at D&L in Warwick and they had what I needed although I did pay RI tax. lol. D&L was pretty impressive though. It was first time in a free state gun store and I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what to do with my self at first. haha. There were 30 round mags just lying around in bins, drum magazines, rifles with folding stocks......and I couldn't buy any of it (technically). They even had .308 Pmags which I really wanted but there were 20 rounders. I'll be visiting this place again in the future.

I went to a few stores looking for a magpul stock but with no luck. Ended up at D&L in Warwick and they had what I needed although I did pay RI tax. lol. D&L was pretty impressive though. It was first time in a free state gun store and I'll be honest, I wasn't sure what to do with my self at first. haha. There were 30 round mags just lying around in bins, drum magazines, rifles with folding stocks......and I couldn't buy any of it (technically). They even had .308 Pmags which I really wanted but there were 20 rounders. I'll be visiting this place again in the future.

Try Sakonnet River Outfitters in Tiverton, RI on Main Rd. Was there a couple of week ago, they had almost every Magpul accessory there.

- - - Updated - - -

A 16 and 17 aren't bad as consolation guns go. [laugh]

Yea I will deal, lol.

Back
Top Bottom