• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Who is still a fan of gun shows?

Hey guys, I was curious to get some opinions about gun shows in general & and if most people still find it fun to get great prices on items. I've read that sometimes vendors lower prices towards the end of shows so they don't have to pack up as much -- is that accurate?
Have you ever sat next to an obese person that was eating like a f*cking pig and trying to breath at the same time, sounding like that person will die any second?

I bet you find that annoying AF.

Now, imagine you have to pay to sit next to that obese f*cking pig choking on food. That is what going to a MA gun show is like.

Last edited:
10 Bucks??? You obviously hadn't been to one in a very long time. They haven't been 10 bucks in Mass for YEARS! Just more and more to get in the door, no thanks.
Concord NH show circa 2015, 10 bucks to get in (but parking was FREE ) ! . It was really a knife and military memoribilia gun-less show.

shows kill and afternoon and it's fun to roam around with your buddies laughing at outrageous pricing. as to deals prior to pack out, i try and use that tactic but it usually don't work on high ticket items. 75% of the vendors do that for a living every weekend and follow the show circuit (before covid) and are use to packing up and loading out. it's no big deal to them, it's their job. you can get a deal from the one and done guy, the one who will never sell again and got a table to clean out his gun room and garage.
Overpricing can be very discouraging, I and my buddy planning to see a gun show but I guess we should not keep our hopes high on steal deals, or fair deals. Many thanks for the heads-up.

The one thing I like about the gun shows is casually looking around when I’m not looking at anything and listening to the stupid shit people say . I say a lot of stupid shit all the time….But come on?

I know this makes me sound like I’m miserable person but I’m really not. It’s just f***ing hilarious it’s like the Internet in real life

Right.

It's like here sometimes listening to people say why THEIR choice in anything is the best choice.

Gunshows, like the internet its chock full of brandnametard fanboys that will go to great lengths to justify their purchase if anyone dares to put it down, and will also be more than happy to give your their unsolicited opinion on just about anything. It's almost like these people research stuff on the internet, then go to a gunshow to practice it in real life. I have witnessed complete lies and ignorance at gunshows, specially on the legality of things.. Used to be fun to just wander around, but now it isn't worth the admission.

Super spreaders [rofl]
fatladychairdog_400x400.jpg

Overpricing can be very discouraging, I and my buddy planning to see a gun show but I guess we should not keep our hopes high on steal deals, or fair deals. Many thanks for the heads-up.

Do yourself a favor and set up your day so that you hit the show at 9 am or whenever it opens, so that when you're done with it in 30 minutes or less (I would be surprised if you last that long) you have enough time in the day to make it to other gun shops, maybe a few shops at the mill, or a few NH shops etc.

Do yourself a favor and set up your day so that you hit the show at 9 am or whenever it opens, so that when you're done with it in 30 minutes or less (I would be surprised if you last that long) you have enough time in the day to make it to other gun shops, maybe a few shops at the mill, or a few NH shops etc.
Thanks for the advice, I might do just that... many thanks.

Have you ever sat next to an obese person that was eating like a f*cking pig and trying to breath at the same time, sounding like that person will die any second?

I bet you find that annoying AF.

Now, imagine you have to pay to sit next to that obese f*cking pig choking on food. That is what going to a MA gun show is like.
I'm the fat guy. But I'm off showers tomorrow until the show. Good luck everyone else

Nice way to kill a few hours. Plus my buddies and I go for junk food afterwards away from my wife's watchful eye.
Imus would pay insane prices for seats at the US Open Tennis Championship at Forest Hills,
just for his one chance a year to eat a $10 hot dog
while the Old Ball and Chain was busy forcing vegan menus
on captive audiences someplace else.

Don't forget gas getting there and parking added to entry fee.
If you are looking for something specific part wise or used holster you might find a couple gems. Guns? Haven't seen a decent deal in a decade. Plenty of pompous "Carny" FFL's though.
Used to go religiously to the Springfield one with buddies. That dwindled out. Last 2 I went to I can't recall buying anything... out $25 and a couple hours of my life I couldn't ever get back (then again there's usually an hour of non returnable time per day perusing this site :D).

$11-12 for entertainment I’m ok with that. Scored a few deals. But it’s just a “show”. I go for the experience not guns.

Don't forget gas getting there and parking added to entry fee.
If you are looking for something specific part wise or used holster you might find a couple gems. Guns? Haven't seen a decent deal in a decade. Plenty of pompous "Carny" FFL's though.
Used to go religiously to the Springfield one with buddies. That dwindled out. Last 2 I went to I can't recall buying anything... out $25 and a couple hours of my life I couldn't ever get back (then again there's usually an hour of non returnable time per day perusing this site :D).
I won't forget, many thanks for the advice.

Gee, I wonder if there will be a Ruger Blackhawk in .45LC, a bargain OU 12 gauge, venison jerky, a stripped SA 1911 in .45 of course, and most importantly, Garand parts like a sling, enbloc clips, and a cleaning kit to put in the stock.

Marlborough Today!!!
Saturday the 25th!!!

Who wants to meet at Boston Market for Dinner after the show?

I started going to gun shows with my dad in the mid 1980’s. He was a frequent vendor at any and all of them in New England from the 1970’s to 2005. He usually had 5 or 6 tables arranged at the end of a row, in a U shape. If you went to shows often during those years you definitely saw him, and probably me too.
The deals and atmosphere in general of those days are long gone. I’ve only had my LTC since 2000 but even back then there were still some decent deals to be had. One that comes to mind was my first East German Makarov for $125 because the vendor’s opinion was “they’re cheap commie junk”.
The last Marlboro show I went to was when Flotter390 was still around. And he moved south like 7 years ago.

High priced ammo & guns but a big crowd. Bought Jerky & Tee Shirts for the girls. Found some PSL mags and some 38-40 ammo. Bought some neoprene gun mats with the exploded view. Caught up with some of the vendors and had a simultaneous celebrity encounter. Jim Wallace from GOAL and our Moderator SKS Ray.

Last edited:
Got back from Marlborough...high ammo prices, lots of Turkish shotguns, over priced pre-bans that basically are out for show. I passed on the .300 Blackout ammo for $1.75 a round. After I got through the isles of Chinese knives and cheap AR accessories, I saw a few odd ball magazines for a few handguns. Hey, I know people have overhead and have to pay for their tables, but there were no deals to be found.

Some of the old timers there with a few musty Enfields and Springfield 06's and dusty American Rifleman magazines from the 60's remind me of walking around the North End in the 90s. The old timers were few and far between there playing cards and smoking stoggies. They are all gone now and sadly, it will be the same at gun shows.

Back
Top Bottom