Which Presidential candidate do you support?

I have done the research. That is why I can say she hasn't accomplished anything. If you know something different, by all means say it.

Well I think she has done a lot in the Mid-east including negotiations in Gaza and Palestine which of course is the hot point in world affairs. She knows the world leaders and has at least a professinal relationship with them.

Also by what you are saying then Reagan should not have president right? What great worldly accomplishments did he have before ending the cold war?

Well I think she has done a lot in the Mid-east including negotiations in Gaza and Palestine which of course is the hot point in world affairs.
Exactly my point. That is a disaster. It's worse now than ever.

Also by what you are saying then Reagan should not have president right? What great worldly accomplishments did he have before ending the cold war?
Governor of California?

I never said he shouldn't have been President. I voted for him.
All I'm saying is Rice has had the opportunity now to have accomplished something in foreign affairs and she hasn't.

The mid east is worse now than ever, the war coalition is falling apart, genocide in Darfur, and Rice hasn't accomplished anything. That is her job and she hasn't delivered. Sorry, but how would she solve those problems if she was President? What would she do to solve those problems as President that she hasn't done yet?

Last edited:
Exactly my point. That is a disaster. It's worse now than ever.

Governor of California?

I never said he shouldn't have been President. I voted for him.
All I'm saying is Rice has had the opportunity now to have accomplished something in foreign affairs and she hasn't.

The mid east is worse now than ever, the war coalition is falling apart, genocide in Darfur, and Rice hasn't accomplished anything. That is her job and she hasn't delivered. Sorry, but how would she solve those problems if she was President? What would she do to solve those problems as President that she hasn't done yet?

Come on man being the Governor of Kali in no way prepares someone to take on the commies...

Rice has to follow the direction of President Bush, any blame you would put on her should be redirected at the President.

The vice president has no purpose other than to make a ticket stronger through demographics and appeal.

Not quite true. His primary duties are to attend the funerals of foreign leaders and inquire as to the health of the President every morning. Dick Cheney is the exception to that rule.

Gary

Come on man being the Governor of Kali in no way prepares someone to take on the commies...

Rice has to follow the direction of President Bush, any blame you would put on her should be redirected at the President.

She is his chief foreign policy adviser. He is supposed to rely on her, and she is supposed to give him solid advice.

She is the foreign affairs minister and supposedly the expert in the administration on foreign policy. Saying she has no control over it is not true.

Not quite true. His primary duties are to attend the funerals of foreign leaders and inquire as to the health of the President every morning. Dick Cheney is the exception to that rule.

Gary

Are you saying he doesn't inquire about the President's health in the morning?[laugh]

She is his chief foreign policy adviser. He is supposed to rely on her, and she is supposed to give him solid advice.

She is the foreign affairs minister and supposedly the expert in the administration on foreign policy. Saying she has no control over it is not true.

Right, she advises Bush as to what she knows and thinks then the President tells her what the White House position will be and what she will do. Then she says "yes sir".

If you don't like her then that is fine, but she has more global knowledge and contact then any other candidate in this election.

Right, she advises Bush as to what she knows and thinks then the President tells her what the White House position will be and what she will do. Then she says "yes sir".

If you don't like her then that is fine, but she has more global knowledge and contact then any other candidate in this election.

Tell me what , in the foreign policy arena, she has accomplished? Has she solved any problems in the mideast, in Darfur, in Asia, in South America. Has she mediated any issues, solved any problems, anything at all? Seriously, just give me a couple of solid accomplishments.

You know, Bush lets his people run their departments. Chertoff runs HS, Rumsefeld ran defense, Cheney runs the country. It is disingenuous to say Rice has no control or authority.

I like her as much as the next guy. Brilliant, talented (except as Secretary of State), a good ice skater, plays the piano; but she has hit the wall now in State.

What does it then say about George Bush if she "has more global knowledge and contact then any other candidate in this election"and he doesn't listen to her or follow her advice? Is that what you are saying? Or are you saying he follows her advice, but it doesn't accomplish anything.

Which one of them do you believe has not accomplished anything?

All I've asked for is what Rice's solid state department accomplishments are. I'm willing to listen, but not one person has provided any to me. That's all. Should be pretty easy.

And how do you know what advice Rice is giving Bush and if he is or is not following it?

Hell I for one like the idea of non-intervention, maybe that is what her advice is, let God sort it out.[wink]

Voting is one of your most basic rights
As I've said numerous times before, voting is not a right. Freedom is a right. Voting is a flawed procedure for obtaining rights, and it legitimizes a system I know to be corrupt. I will not participate in it at the federal level.
Shame, shame.
Spare me. [rolleyes] Shame on you for helping to perpetuate this sham.

Kyle

As long as you never ever complain about it, that's fine.

f*** that; I will probably complain louder than you. Simply because I realize in advance that voting is counterproductive doesn't take away my fundamental human right to bitch about the inevitable (something that is, incidentally, more fundamental than the "right" to vote).

If you all weren't praying at the altar of the false god Democracy, we might actually achieve freedom in my lifetime. Too bad my fate depends on your inability to see that democracy leads to perpetual conflict, NOT to freedom.

Kyle

If you all weren't praying at the altar of the false god Democracy, we might actually achieve freedom in my lifetime. Too bad my fate depends on your inability to see that democracy leads to perpetual conflict, NOT to freedom.

Kyle
Well, by all means, let's hear your plan for true freedom. What is it.

And how do you know what advice Rice is giving Bush and if he is or is not following it?

Do your think the advice is to let genocide continue, the middle east to fall apart and the coalition of the willing to disintegrate? One of them, or both, has a hand in that, wouldn't you agree? Maybe that is their plan.

Well, by all means, let's hear your plan for true freedom. What is it.

All governments, even tyrannical ones, rule by consent of the governed. When a government loses the support of the people, it falls.

Despite democracy being a constant threat to our basic human rights (property, freedom of association, gun rights, etc.), that loss of legitimacy won't happen here because Americans have been raised from birth to believe that democracy equals freedom, when in fact they are orthogonal (i.e., unrelated) concepts.

Kyle

All governments, even tyrannical ones, rule by consent of the governed. When a government loses the support of the people, it falls.

Despite democracy being a constant threat to our basic human rights (property, freedom of association, gun rights, etc.), that loss of legitimacy won't happen here because Americans have been raised from birth to believe that democracy equals freedom, when in fact they are orthogonal (i.e., unrelated) concepts.

Kyle

You didn't answer my question. What is your plan for true freedom?

You didn't answer my question. What is your plan for true freedom?
(1) You all realize how bad democacy is.

(2) You all stop supporting the federal government.

(3) The federal government falls.

Very simple, but it requires a fundamental shift in attitude on the part of the American people.

Now I'll turn the tables: why don't you tell me what your plan for true freedom is?

Kyle

(1) You all realize how bad democacy is.

(2) You all stop supporting the federal government.

(3) The federal government falls.

Kyle
Okay, you want to get rid of the federal government. Then what. If you don't want democracy, what do you want? That is what I need you to explain.

Okay, you want to get rid of the federal government. Then what. That is what I need you to explain.

I think it's fairly self-explanatory how the elimination of a massive central bureaucracy with its fingers up every ass might result in greater individual freedom.

I'm done until you answer my question. Explain how voting for the lesser turd will produce real freedom.

Kyle

I think it's fairly self-explanatory how the elimination of a massive central bureaucracy with its fingers up every ass might result in greater individual freedom.

I'm done until you answer my question. Explain how voting for the lesser turd will produce real freedom.

Kyle
I'm not running around saying I don't have freedom. You said it. I think our country is still the best on earth.

So you want to get rid of the government. Tell me how things will get done. Do you not believe in the concept of nations? Is that what you are saying?

Do you believe in pure communism?

What do you think should happen as far as borders?

Seriously, do you think their should be some sort of government or anarchy?

If their should be some government, how would you organize it?

I'm not running around saying I don't have freedom. You said it. I think our country is still the best on earth.

So you want to get rid of the government. Tell me how things will get done. Do you not believe in the concept of nations? Is that what you are saying?

Do you believe in pure communism?
I invoke the communism equivalent of Godwin's Law. You clearly are simply trolling.

In the unlikely event you are actually interested in educating yourself, go read a few articles over at lewrockwell.com or mises.org.

Kyle

I invoke the communism equivalent of Godwin's Law. You clearly are simply trolling.

In the unlikely event you are actually interested in educating yourself, go read a few articles over at lewrockwell.com or mises.org.

Kyle
I'm not trolling at all. I'm asking a question, and you simply won't answer it.

Rudy

Joining the posting late. I didn't read every posting. I dont' know if anybody has put up Guiliani yet but that's who I'm voting for. I know he's anti-gun but with the war going on, I don't think we can afford not to have that guy in office. He's TOO squared away. If he can reduce crime by 60% in NYC, I'd love to see what he can do for Iraq and Afghanistan. Again, my reservation with him is the 2nd amendment. I just feel that he knows how to handle people too well and can bring the two parties together. He doesn't take C#(@ from nobody. And I believe he can handle both Hillary and Obama. Crike, Hillary didn't stand a chance as senator until he backed out.

One of his aids addressed the pro-choice thing. Turns out he was able to lower abortion rates in NYC by reducing the red-tape for adoption. Although I have no means of finding that out, I'm open to discussion to see whether he was right or wrong.

Back
Top Bottom