• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Which Presidential candidate do you support?

I think if she wants it Rice would be a good V.P. candidate and then if all goes well she can run in eight years when Fred leaves office.

I'd vote for a Thompson/Rice ticket in a heartbeat. Only problem would be that she has somewhat of a negative image due to her presence in the current administration.

Giuliani on Gun Control . . .

1_61_giuliani_rudolph.jpg

Rudy Giuliani on Gun Control​

"All gun owners should pass written test"​

I do not think the government should cut off the right to bear arms. My position for many years has been that just as a motorist must have a license, a gun owner should be required to have one as well. Anyone wanting to own a gun should have to pass a written exam that shows that they know how to use a gun, that they’re intelligent enough and responsible enough to handle a gun. Should both handgun and rifle owners be licensed...we’re talking about all dangerous weapons.
Source: Boston Globe, p. A4 Mar 21, 2000

Except that she hasn't actually accomplished anything at all.

She's a conservative who understands the need to protect the country from outside aggressors and has solidly conservative viewpoints on most things. Plus, she appeals to a segment of the population that usually go left automatically.

She's a conservative who understands the need to protect the country from outside aggressors and has solidly conservative viewpoints on most things. Plus, she appeals to a segment of the population that usually go left automatically.

So what? So do a lot of people. She has been Secretary of State, and has not accomplished one thing. Name at least 3 treaties she has negotiated, or anything that she has done. Heck, name 1 treaty.

Give me some solid things that she has accomplished, other than saying she is a conservative.

Give me some solid things that she has accomplished, other than saying she is a conservative.

Doesn't have the "accomplishments"? Do a little research my friend instead of asking other to do it for you. Also remember that Bush is her boss and while she works for him she will follow his policy (which is not to well liked in the world).

Doesn't have the "accomplishments"? Do a little research my friend instead of asking other to do it for you. Also remember that Bush is her boss and while she works for him she will follow his policy (which is not to well liked in the world).

I have done the research. That is why I can say she hasn't accomplished anything. If you know something different, by all means say it.

I'm leaning heavily towards Fred at this time. I typically vote republican even though I'm registered as an Independent. Well, except for that one time I voted for Perot. [thinking]

This election is going to get interesting. I think we need Michael Moore to make another movie slamming the Republican party so it wakes up the conservatives in the county and mobilizes them to vote.

She has risen to high prominence as a senior black woman Republican government official.

What has she accomplished as Secretary of State? That's the question.
And do you think she has some special power because she is black? I don't deny she is a smart person. She has been a very ineffectual Secretary of State.

What has she accomplished as Secretary of State? That's the question.
And do you think she has some special power because she is black? I don't deny she is a smart person. She has been a very ineffectual Secretary of State.

How many vice presidents really have that great a background? I would vote for her as a VP because she appeals to a segment of the population that our side has generally not done well with.

How many vice presidents really have that great a background? I would vote for her as a VP because she appeals to a segment of the population that our side has generally not done well with.

Well, this thread is about Presidential candidates.

As far as VP's go, I think most, at least since WWII have had experience as elected officials.

Voting for someone because you think they can get votes is a terrible reason to elect someone.

We have to vote for people who will do the job and will do it right. We cannot choose someone merely because we think they are the prettiest.

That's the old statement that "I'll vote for him because he can win, not because I like anything about him."

I've stopped voting in federal elections: even if I weren't forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, the act of voting itself lends implicit legitimacy to a federal government I believe should not exist.

That said, I will vote in the Republican primary for Ron Paul.

This is sad and also why we loose. I understand your principle to a degree, but if you don't vote you allow someone else the opportunity to take your place ... and that person is an anti-gunner.

Voting is one of your most basic rights and not to do so is shameful. Shame, shame.

Reconsider?

Voting for someone because you think they can get votes is a terrible reason to elect someone.

We have to vote for people who will do the job and will do it right. We cannot choose someone merely because we think they are the prettiest.

That's the old statement that "I'll vote for him because he can win, not because I like anything about him."

The vice president has no purpose other than to make a ticket stronger through demographics and appeal.

Fred Thompson!

I've already made one donation and as cash flow allows ... more will follow.

Defeating the Clinton machine should be our #1 priority. Can you imagine 4 more years of that? I shudder to think...more asault weapon bans...this time they won't expire.

Last edited:
Please. Spare me your sanctimony. Not voting is often done with a purpose. In fact, I don't vote in federal elections for a purpose: because I reject the legitimacy of the entire system, and will not participate in the sham.

Kyle

As long as you never ever complain about it, that's fine.

I've stopped voting in federal elections: even if I weren't forced to choose between the lesser of two evils, the act of voting itself lends implicit legitimacy to a federal government I believe should not exist.
I'm curious as to why you think a federal government should not exist.
It has existed from George Washington on down. Are you saying that George Washington was not a legitimate President?

Back
Top Bottom